1.    #1  
    The app popped up in Preware a short while ago under the Palm Beta feed. It has a warning not to download or use, but that only makes you want to use it more.

I tried to install on my Sprint Pre 2, but it tells me it is not available for my carrier. Maybe someone on AT&T can download it and see what it does. From the name, it probably showcases Veer features.

NOTE: DO NOT INSTALL on a phone you care about.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    I just tried on my sprint pre 2 as well, won't let me download it either.

On another note, I just noticed the boatload of new audio book apps, I guess that just bumped the total apps in the app catalog by about 1,000.
    yeah i noticed it too!, what does it do?
    You don't want to download that app. It is only for use on AT&T demo devices and will erase a device and run a demo app for devices that are on display for customers. If you download and run it, your device will be erased and the app will constantly run.
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 04/28/2011 at 12:44 AM.
    Hmmm what's this do???
    click ... (humming) Doo daDooDooooo... Hmmm...

Hmm..its installing cool... Wait..huh... "Are you sure you would like to Launch ATT device Alive? Please make sure the Retail demo is fully charged at all times"

Interesting... *clicks yes*
    "ATT Device Alive overwriting Palm Pre2 profile and databases, please be patient .. .... ........ DO NOT REMOVE BATTERY AT THIS TIME PHONE MAY NOT RECOVER.... Thank you.. You now have Steve Jobs contact Info and some demo videos by Palm.. I mean HP"

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Hey it has Sprint listed as a supported carrier.
    There's hope!
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartfah View Post
    There's hope!
    Most likely a mistake.. Since att app wouldn't need to run on a sprint veer

Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    Hmmm what's this do???

Hmm..its installing cool... Wait..huh... "Are you sure you would like to Launch ATT device Alive? Please make sure the Retail demo is fully charged at all times"

"ATT Device Alive overwriting Palm Pre2 profile and databases, please be patient .. .... ........ DO NOT REMOVE BATTERY AT THIS TIME PHONE MAY NOT RECOVER.... Thank you.. You now have Steve Jobs contact Info and some demo videos by Palm.. I mean HP"

This is one of the things I really like about you!
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    Hmmm what's this do???

[i]-- Sent from my Palm Pre using

Crême de la crême! C'est magnifique, n'est pas?
    Last edited by sledge007; 04/28/2011 at 07:44 AM.
    Ouch!
    "The more I learn, the more I realize just how little I really do know!" -Albert Einstein

Please do avoid installing this app. From reports I've heard, it's exceeding difficult to remove
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Odd....it seems to be a desktop syncing app. Like the Wifi Media Sync app but with more features. I guess it's part of HP's keeping it all connected strategy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne173 View Post
    Odd....it seems to be a desktop syncing app. Like the Wifi Media Sync app but with more features. I guess it's part of HP's keeping it all connected strategy.
    It's an On-Device Demo, which not only might require a webOSDoctor to remove, but also may corrupt/alter your in-use Palm Profile. Highly recommend you avoid installing it
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    interesting....

Supported Carriers: AT&T, O2 Germany, O2 Ireland, O2 UK, Rogers Wireless, SFR, Sprint, Verizon Wireless
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    It's an On-Device Demo, which not only might require a webOSDoctor to remove, but also may corrupt/alter your in-use Palm Profile. Highly recommend you avoid installing it
    Nah...not gonna install. Don't think my Pre- can take to much more @ this point. Just went to there website and viewed the youtube demo. Seems nice if they add some sort of cloud option it might be a good thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartfah View Post
    There's hope!
    Hate to break the bad news but it's only listing all the supported carriers for HP/Palm, not just the Veer or the App. If you go to any random application, the supported carriers doesn't change. It's a default layout.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
  17.    #18  
    What a weird app to just post on the beta feeds. Maybe they just needed a quick way to distribute the app to display devices out there in some AT&T stores, because the app is gone now.

Global Posts
    310 Global Posts
    For anyone that *did* install it -- anything interesting show up in the demo sequence? Any screen captures??
    Palm History: Sony Clie T615C --> T|X --> Pre+ --> Pre3 Aspirations -->