Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    If you follow the link in this article, you see that this event is cancelled.

Humm
    Tom
    Pilot Prō --> M100 --> Trēō 600 --> Trēō 700p -- > Prē
    Link? Article?
    Sprint Love
    What gives?
    Not enough teen interest, obviously!
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    perhaps the Veer is... off course.

in all seriousness, i find this disappointing if true. i was realy hoping to get some new information. and its a shame they got those mini coopers all painted up for nothing.
    this cannot be good... SMH
    Well I messaged them asking what happened. I can't wait for the generic response
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Lmao, classic. I wouldn't be surpised if they just move the date and keep it confindential. Or changed the event organizer.
    That one in Los Angeles was cancelled. The others (the one in Seattle, San Francisco,DC, NJ etc) are listed as

"This event is closed. If you have any questions, please contact the event planner directly. "
    They may have just "cancelled" it because it wasn't meant to be public in the first place and too many people saw it. Perhaps there's a new, un-public event.
    Well, this is weird.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mhunterjr View Post
    perhaps the Veer is... off course.
    Well played, sir!
    Touchscreens are a fad.
    I'm sure it has been rescheduled and coming "in a few weeks"
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    Looking at the over cevent.com references to the "HP Veer Launch Party Event", other related parties at San Fran, DC and NYC are all set for May 3-6, and the Seattle one is set for May 23. No worries. Interestingly, the header of the browser window for the above link calls it a "Training Event."
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    That one in Los Angeles was cancelled. The others (the one in Seattle, San Francisco,DC, NJ etc) are listed as

"This event is closed. If you have any questions, please contact the event planner directly. "
    Interesting. I guess there's going to be a delay on this thing.
    That is wierd I saw the event as closed just the next day of this news and now it is cancelled. The Veer is not a workstation or a server. IMO HP follows some kind of pattern for marketing. Other ways of marketing might come instead.
    I'm taking "event closed" to mean it is private, not cancelled (except for LA, which I saw as cancelled).

Separately, was looking for a charger for Treo 755P (don't ask unless you have a spare lying around) and strangely came across a page on treonauts dedicated to bestselling accessories for the HP Veer, see below:

http://shop.treonauts.com/hp-veer-accessories.htm
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    I agree. When then mean "closed," I'm thinking they mean closed to any more reservations. Perhaps there is a limited number of attendees to the event. Still, it would be nice to get some official word from hp or at&t or Best Buy as to whether these events are actually going or not.
    Global Posts
    204 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    I'm taking "event closed" to mean it is private, not cancelled (except for LA, which I saw as cancelled).

Separately, was looking for a charger for Treo 755P (don't ask unless you have a spare lying around) and strangely came across a page on treonauts dedicated to bestselling accessories for the HP Veer, see below:

http://shop.treonauts.com/hp-veer-accessories.htm

My Treo 755p is next to my bed in my nightstand. I also have an extra Pixi should the one I have now dies.

Regarding the so called Veer accessories, most are generic (chargers and 3.5mm headsets) for a ton of other smartphones except for the few veer specific cases. LOL at the USB chargers they have listed. Don't they know they have to create a special dongle?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast