View Poll Results: The Veer will be a total...

Voters
136. You may not vote on this poll
  • ...FAIL!!

33 24.26%
  • ...SUCCESS!!

40 29.41%
  • ...DECENT NOT GREAT SALES PERFORMER!!!!!!!!!

63 46.32%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    Which are you? Post your prediction once so we can all point and laugh at you when you are wrong.

Mindless fan: "The Veer is SEXY! It goes with a TouchPad like PB & J! Teens/moms/businesspeople/clubbers/gymrats/gnomes will love its pocketable-ness! At the right price this will be a huge hit! HP is smrt! "

Whiny know-it-alls: "Why is HP so stoopid?! NOBODY wants a small screen phone. Teens and moms won't buy this, they want iPhones and Droids. Businessmen want Blackberries. NO HEADPHONE JACK!? The Veer-Kin is a total FAIL!"

Boring, indecisive drones: "This phone will do ok. I wish it was bigger/keyboardless/whiter/jackier/magicalier but some people will really like it. AT&T sucks, but GSM is kinda cool.
    Last edited by ahitz; 04/27/2011 at 10:36 AM.
    Global Posts
    361 Global Posts
    I think it'll be a moderate success, having played with the phone I was really impressed.

It's the first small smartphone that doesn't leave you wishing for more horsepower. Plus it sort of blows your mind how tiny it is while still being perfectly useful.

I think if HP gets the marketing message right, then the phone will sell well because I know there are many people who do want a small smartphone.
    No headphone jack is a reeeall bummer
    Bah I like the magnetic connectors. A lot. Wish my Pixi had them.
    Touchscreens are a fad.
    physical connectors are old school....
    The Veer will do only as well as HP advertises and pushes it.
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com
    If the Pre 3 and a slab phone were released, and webOS 3.0 was receiving updates every other month along with big name apps appearing in catalog. Then maybe.

At that point, have fun introducing what might be cool or interesting niche phones. Now isn't the time. I doubt people would be that concerned then with how many sales a Veer would have. Or how many sales needed would determine its success. As a niche, HP probably would just want it to be worthwhile. A supporting co-star.

But as the sole face of webOS for a while, there's a lot more riding on the Veer and what would make it a success in that role. Even the new webOS features will get reviewed as seen on the tiny Veer. It's a poor choice for a leading role.
    yea cause if the pre had a smaller screen it wouldve sold so much better.
    I'd get one, but I'm on Sprint. I'd actually prefer it to the Pre3 to use with a Touchpad. And as someone said in another thread "Nothing will make me go to AT&T. Nothing."
    it will be an excellent seller if HP pushes it
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    The Veer makes sense as a companion for salespeople traveling with a Touchpad. People who stay at their home offices may have less interest in it, they would be more likely to go for the Pre3.
    Quote Originally Posted by blinktreo View Post
    I'd get one, but I'm on Sprint. I'd actually prefer it to the Pre3 to use with a Touchpad. And as someone said in another thread "Nothing will make me go to AT&T. Nothing."

In the same boat here, cant leave Sprint, but the Veer looks like it could be a great companion to the Touchpad -- Except no touch to share?
    Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pogeypre View Post
    +1

But the Veer's not for me -- I'd rather have a larger screen, removable (and larger) battery, an autofocus camera with LED flash and HD video recording (with video stabilizing technology), the option of not being on AT&T, not just 8 GB of storage, a front facing camera, and the HP logo on the back to be a nice metal finish, not look painted on.

In the same boat here, cant leave Sprint, but the Veer looks like it could be a great companion to the Touchpad -- Except no touch to share?
    HPalm has stated that Touch-to-Share will be added to the Veer in a software update.
    Peace, Freedom, Prosperity.

If you have a complaint/request relating to webOS please use the Feedback & Feature Requests Form at the official site.
    anything can be a success if it is marketed well enough to the right target audience.

i personally believe hp wouldn't have wasted it's time if this wouldn't be considered successful. they have the market data research. just because a few people who don't like it and automatically think it's a 'huge fail' well, even thou your opinion is your opinion and that's fine, but it isn't as credible as hp/palms market data.

as for just because it has no headphone jack, i mean, lets be real... it's 2011.. maybe we're behind in times. that's why they make bluetooth enabled devices. plus wires are annoying.

i can see this device doing well anywhere but north america.
    It's going to be a total fail until people start getting all Merriam-Webster and attempt to flush out what it means to "fail". I'm pretty sure this is what's going to end up happening.
    Quote Originally Posted by pogeypre View Post
    +1
    It will fail I'm afraid.
    I can see it being a success. There are two friends who are about to buy smartphones and they want small ones. Not everyone who uses a smartphone is a power user, my female friends just started to like smartphones due to facebook etc.

Quote Originally Posted by hayden3269 View Post
    No headphone jack is a reeeall bummer
    Not for me The battery life is bad enough as it is, why make it even worse by using it as a MP3 player when there are cheap and good players out there? Buy a Sansa Fuze or Clip, a decent pair of headsets and rock on

\m/ q(o.o)p \m/
    My prediction is Veer = moderate fail, more of a dud than a failure...WebOS wont see a resurgence until after the TouchPad is launched...by next year this time TouchPad will be the #2 tablet after Ipad...

HP smartphones with WebOS 3.0+ will then take off and gain 20-30% of the smartphone market...
    I think it will be a fail in USA, but a success on other countries with better GSM networks.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast