View Poll Results: The Veer will be a total...

Voters
136. You may not vote on this poll
  • ...FAIL!!

33 24.26%
  • ...SUCCESS!!

40 29.41%
  • ...DECENT NOT GREAT SALES PERFORMER!!!!!!!!!

63 46.32%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    the pixi was the perfect "small device" form factor, if they just packed all of the veer goodness (cpu, mem, storage, camera, wifi, webos 2.2) into the pixi (keeping the headphone jack!!), they would have as cool a "doh, winner" as the centro was... but i could be wrong...

the simple fact that the veer is a slider and is "missing" a natural headphone jack could be what kills it, even with great marketing.
    Global Posts
    204 Global Posts
    Hopefully, when the next set of phones fail, HP will give away the rights to WebOS and someone will pick it up for their devices. Imagine the Playbook on WebOS .. Or imagine the Droid Pro or Samsung Galaxy Pro on WebOS

Hardware that actually is in production + good OS = winner

Hardware that is not in production + good OS = fail
    Quote Originally Posted by rawdeadfish View Post
    the pixi was the perfect "small device" form factor, if they just packed all of the veer goodness (cpu, mem, storage, camera, wifi, webos 2.2) into the pixi (keeping the headphone jack!!), they would have as cool a "doh, winner" as the centro was... but i could be wrong...

the simple fact that the veer is a slider and is "missing" a natural headphone jack could be what kills it, even with great marketing.
    Pre was small enough to draw broad attention if such large market for small smartphones exists. They didn't have to make even smaller Pre.
    like others have stated, i would have no problem getting the smaller veer over the larger pre3 or the mysterious slab phone that was leaked. my prob though is the camera. i toyed with an evo for a while, and ive come to the conclusion that my next phone will have to have a camera that can replace my digital camera for 95% of the snapshots i take.

I think the veer will be a decent success with adequate marketing, but i dont expect it to be a HUGE seller.
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by libray View Post
    Hopefully, when the next set of phones fail, HP will give away the rights to WebOS and someone will pick it up for their devices. Imagine the Playbook on WebOS .. Or imagine the Droid Pro or Samsung Galaxy Pro on WebOS

Hardware that actually is in production + good OS = winner

Hardware that is not in production + good OS = fail
    Yeah, the fastest way to get a tablet with webOS in your hands is certainly to have the phones fail, the TouchPad cancelled, wait for HP to just decide to opensource webOS and put palms patents in the public domain, wait for another manufacturer to customize that and design, test, produce, distribute, and market it.

good plan!!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12