Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    lol i dont care what anyone says. You can put positive spins on it all you want but this phone wont sell well. Im a big fan of both palm and hp. I have had a pre since launch. I accept the fact that the veer will be a fail. When all those teens went to buy a phone and the kin was around they didnt look at it and say "oh man this is a limited expierence I am not going to buy this." They didnt even look at it cause it was small and they were blown away buy the nice screens of other phones. Its great that hp might have a phone sometime this year but its going to be a huge fail. The pre 3 is a great size and idea. The pre 2 is as small as they should go.
    Hmmm I guess we're not beating the "It's not meant to be a TEEN PHONE, rather a COMPLIMENT to the TOUCHPAD" drum hard enough???

Seriously, teenagers cannot get a cell phone contract on their own without a parent/guardian signature, UNLESS it's a Pre-paid and they buy their phone outright (which could still be a grey area).

How many parents out there are willing to sign a 3 year contract, for a $600 phone, for their kids? I'm willing to bet there are some, but not many.

Take a cruise past your local high school, and take a good look at all the midgets and dwarves and elves that attend there (no offence to midgets, dwarves or elves)

Can you look in the mirror, with a straight face, and say to yourself, that yes....a 6'4' 17 year old, wants the smallest smart phone out there?

lol I need good laugh right now, I'm going to get a tooth pulled thanks for that
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Quote Originally Posted by bigwood212 View Post
    lol i dont care what anyone says. You can put positive spins on it all you want but this phone wont sell well. Im a big fan of both palm and hp. I have had a pre since launch. I accept the fact that the veer will be a fail. When all those teens went to buy a phone and the kin was around they didnt look at it and say "oh man this is a limited expierence I am not going to buy this." They didnt even look at it cause it was small and they were blown away buy the nice screens of other phones. Its great that hp might have a phone sometime this year but its going to be a huge fail. The pre 3 is a great size and idea. The pre 2 is as small as they should go.
    I love it when someone can declare absolutely what will or won't be successful. Have you ever used a Veer? Have you typed on it's better-than-pixi keys? Teens won't be buying it, but business people will. If you give this phone a real chance and actually try it... you might be surprised.

Sledge has it right. Schools are full of teens carrying iPhone4's. Their parents are more likely to want the Veer.
    Quote Originally Posted by UntidyGuy View Post
    How about tethering a Touchpad? I can't imagine the Veer will have enough battery life to make much use of tethering without being plugged in. You simply can't make a battery smaller without sacrificing capacity.
    This is it in a nutshell! If one can't imagine it, it must not be possible! HP needs to remove the term "innovate" from their logo, and replace it with "obvious to anyone" and start creating stuff that we can all imagine... which is clearly working for Apple. Only build what we can imagine.

... or not.
    Why? Because they want a smaller screen? Reading small print gets a lot harder as you get older, not easier. This makes no sense.
    Yep, and that's why I really want the Pre3. But if I used my phone like I did my Centro (with an even smaller screen) and not as my primary web client... the Veer would be perfect the way my Centro was perfect...

If my next job is like my last one, I'll have much larger screens available most of the time... and at that point the Veer would be a far better choice for me. I remember how small the Centro felt when I first switched from my Treo. I remember how svelte and pocket-able the Moto-Razr was when I brought one home for my wife. Same with iPods and such.

Unless you are surfing the web and staring at your phone more than any other screen... tiny is a good thing. Derek Zoolander was on to something! At least try it with an open mind. I thought the ipad wouldn't be very useful, so it's possible to predict incorrectly...

Quote Originally Posted by pecbquest04 View Post
    I don't think that the Veer is a "teen phone" at all. I'm really excited about it launching and will totally pick one up.
    that's because you're right. The Kin, as was mentioned, was a horribly gimped phone for the price of a real phone.

People who think the Veer is a gimped teen phone like that are literally believing in a fantasy of their own invention
    Seriously my little brother and all his friends have either iphones, evo's, droids, or epic's. Most everyone signs contracts here in USA for kids and cell phones. Trust me. Maybe its not as common in canada but here iphones and droids start in middle school.

Even on the buisness side or touchpad compliment side this is a fail. Most people everywhere do not want a smaller screen. Its not going to sell well is all I am saying. I cant belive that someone looked at a pre and said "people will want this phone even more if its screen was smaller"
    Seriously people, give it a rest on the Veer hate. Not everyone wants a Veer, obviously. Not everyone wanted a Pixi either, but I did and I have one. And you couldn't give me an EVO or an iPhone or anything with a virtual keyboard. I don't have a problem with the size of the Veer--in fact I kind of envy how small it is. But I do not trust sliders.

Different strokes for different folks. If you don't like it, fine. Don't buy it. Stop trying to convince everyone else to agree that it's a piece of crap. Not everyone has the same opinion as you.
    Touchscreens are a fad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Syndil View Post
    Stop trying to convince everyone else to agree that it's a piece of crap. Not everyone has the same opinion as you.

piece of crap >>> veer

lol jk serisouly im sure someone will buy it. Im just saying its going to sell like a kin.
    My point is, using the same logic that people are using against the Veer, the Pixi should not have sold either. But it did.
    Touchscreens are a fad.
    I dont know how many were sold but I live in NY and have never ever seen a pixi in someones hand. I have seen nearly every other phone. Never once a pixi. I dont know if I would say it sold well.
    Plenty of Pixi users here on the forums. I actually first learned about the Pixi by playing with a friend's Pixi.
    Touchscreens are a fad.
    Keep the pixi playin' to yourself man!
    If I was on AT&T I would definitely buy a veer.

FWIW: 29 y.o. male; 5'11", but I have been told I have feminine hands....
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    I love how the Veer is one of those devices that most people aren't going to buy but might be suitable for someone else.
    The Veer is one of those devices that people who are regularly on webOS forums probably won't buy. However, that doesn't make it strange that lots of us know people who it would appeal to.
    I love how the Veer is one of those devices that most people aren't going to buy but might be suitable for someone else.
    Yeah...it's one of those "look at that thing" kind of device that gets people's attention and makes it a curiosity.

We just need the cool people to buy it so it'll become hip and see all kinds of people start using them....

like the little rubber yellow Armstrong bands that people wear but don't really know why they are wearing it.
    Fwiw I've seen a total of (drum roll)...........................................3 Pre's out in the wild. 2 were Bell Mobility (cell) site technicians, so in all actuality, I don't even count those 2 (and one acquaintance). Makes for a net total of 1. He hadn't even heard of Pre|Central and couldn't be bothered to mess around with his phone. I offered to help him, he said he didn't care to, although he liked all the things I showed him with mine.

He used his smartphone as a feature phone and that was all.

Sure it has it's shortcomings, I don't think I've really missed out on a whole lot, I'd say I learned an awful lot, something that I can't say would have happened, had I:
    a) got a phone with a kazillion apps
    b) got a phone that just works
    c) got so mad at my phone that I ended up searching around (albeit months later) and found this great site with all these great people. Even you naysayers, and gripers and complainers.....you guys probably aren't all that bad, as much as I [strike]hate[/strike] dislike (not the look I was going for, I'm sure someone'll correct me ) you sometimes.

Somebody has to be the color commentator sometimes (write that part down and REMEMBER IT!)

The only thing I really don't get is how much time and energy you guys waste.

I, for one, not a fan of Apple, that's no secret. Personal choice more than anything, didn't like iPods, didn't like iTunes, naturally not a fan of iPhones. Am I on TiPb trying to dig out as much info as I can to "put it in Apple's face?"

Nope.

I couldn't care less. Not worth the time or effort.

This rant brought to you by Novocaine, a mouth full of bloody gauze, and a hole where my last wisdom tooth was as of today.

That's my 98 cents, put it with your 2 and we got ourselves a buck.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    yea you lost me at fwiw
    I'm an 18 year old male. 5' 10" and 180 pounds (give or take). Soccer playing gym rat. I own a pixi plus on at&t and can't wait to get a Veer. Nothing to be ashamed of.
    Quote Originally Posted by pecbquest04 View Post
    I'm an 18 year old male. 5' 10" and 180 pounds (give or take). Soccer playing gym rat. I own a pixi plus on at&t and can't wait to get a Veer. Nothing to be ashamed of.
    atta boy.

i'm actually sick of how people are 'insecure' when it comes to what phone you have. seriously. why is it socially acceptable for people to insist their interests on others?

i remember when the pre was marketed as a "phone for mom" and how uncomfortable people were based on what people would think.
    but seriously.. who cares? i own a pre because it does what i want and how i want... and at the end of the day that's all that matters.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast