Results 1 to 17 of 17
  1.    #1  
    Sized Up: Palm Pre3 vs Palm Pixi vs Palm Pre vs Veer

    So it looks like the Veer isn't exactly THAT small...

    If anything looks like the keyboard is actually the same size as the Pixi.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

    It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

    Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
  2. #2  
    I think its kind of hard to tell much from that visualization... doesnt have the same impact as actual products standing next to each other.

    But you are right... the Veer and Pixi appear to be fairly close.
  3. #3  
    And if you add a Deck of Playing Cards to that list, you'll see that the Veer would fit nicely in one.

    That would save us from buying those pricey leather cases! :P

    http://www.sizeasy.com/page/size_com...-Cards-vs-Veer
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Furuboru View Post
    And if you add a Deck of Playing Cards to that list, you'll see that the Veer would fit nicely in one.

    That would save us from buying those pricey leather cases! :P

    Sized Up: Palm Pre3 vs Palm Pixi vs Palm Pre vs Pack Of Playing Cards vs Veer
    What is that, a deck of cards?

    Nope, it's my Veer.
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

    http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

    http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com
  5. #5  
    the screen and keyboard are basically the same as the pixi. What makes it "tiny" is that the keyboard slides under the screen. And that tiny package has a much improved cpu+ram so it will perfoem like a pre plus.

    and its smaller than a credit card with the slider closed. That's "tiny" in my lexicon.
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Furuboru View Post
    And if you add a Deck of Playing Cards to that list, you'll see that the Veer would fit nicely in one.

    That would save us from buying those pricey leather cases! :P

    Sized Up: Palm Pre3 vs Palm Pixi vs Palm Pre vs Pack Of Playing Cards vs Veer
    LOL, a Pre 2 almost fits in an empty pack of cigarettes (100's). Well, I guess it just fits if you bulging out the sides a bit.
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by sinime View Post
    LOL, a Pre 2 almost fits in an empty pack of cigarettes (100's). Well, I guess it just fits if you bulging out the sides a bit.
    Side note, it also fits in my wallet, styrofoam cup, lotion bottle (top cut off), small picture frame box, baby shoe box, cardboard tube from my aluminum foil... etc.
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

    http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

    http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com
  8. #8  
    Someone has to much time on their hands.... lol

    All of those promo pics with the Veer in a guys hand make it look tiny. Maybe he just has small hands?
  9. #9  
    I keep wishing they could've fit a compass into the Veer. I would've bought one on release day. A phone that awesome that I could carry around in a box of playing cards. I've even got a nice one from a deck of plastics lying around somewhere.

    But the only feature I'm really missing in my Pre is a compass, so HP will only get my money In The Coming Months™ when the P3 is released.
  10. DukeL's Avatar
    Posts
    139 Posts
    Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    #10  
    Can we get some real side by side pics here anyone. I've often found those charts dont really give you a good idea on actual device size??
  11. #11  
    <<Here's another thread discussing the size of the Veer>>
    Just call me Berd.
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by dukel View Post
    Can we get some real side by side pics here anyone. I've often found those charts dont really give you a good idea on actual device size??

    Just call me Berd.
  13. DukeL's Avatar
    Posts
    139 Posts
    Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    [
    Thanks! It looks awesome. I hope its significantly thinner than the pre2, that thing was pretty much exact same thickness as the pre-. This is gonna be a realy cool phone. I remember when smaller was better with phones, its gonna be interesting to see such a small phone will full webOS. Really exited!!
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    And that tiny package has a much improved cpu+ram so it will perfoem like a pre plus.
    Actually it performs like a Pre 2.
  15. #15  
    Review: AT&T HP Veer | PreCentral.net | The #1 Palm Pre and Pixi Community

    there are more comparisons in size there. i was expecting a bigger difference between the veer and pixi, but its really not that much. regardless, ill stick with the pixi because i prefer the form factor of it. candybar i think is the name for that.
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by GodShapedHole View Post
    I keep wishing they could've fit a compass into the Veer. I would've bought one on release day. A phone that awesome that I could carry around in a box of playing cards. I've even got a nice one from a deck of plastics lying around somewhere.

    But the only feature I'm really missing in my Pre is a compass, so HP will only get my money In The Coming Months™ when the P3 is released.
    I have a question, what does anyone use a compass for inside a smartphone?
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by Orion Antares View Post
    I have a question, what does anyone use a compass for inside a smartphone?
    It's handy when using a mapping app to know the phone orientation. Otherwise you have to rely on the sun or landmarks.

Posting Permissions