Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    What are you guys getting and why?
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    I'm leaning towards the Veer. The main reason is that I am on at&t, and I will buy the phone outright since I am still under contract. Hoping the Veer will be $100 or so cheaper than the Pre.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    For me, it's all about screen size because my eyes just aren't what they used to be.

If you are using your phone to browse the web more than a PC, get the Pre3. If you don't use your phone as your primary browser, get the Veer. IMHO.
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    I'm hoping to use the Touchpad as my primary browser, and the Veer just for texting and calls, mostly. Man, summer can't get here fast enough!

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Pre 3 is on my mustmustmustbuy list. Slightly bigger in good ways, faster, autofocus camera, other great new features, with all I love about my Pre 2. {Jonathan}
    Veer because I can't wait any longer! I like the idea of a smaller, less conspicuous phone. Pre3 would seem too bulky with it being a slider.
    My daughter is already begging for the Veer and is now asking on a daily basis since she knows it's right around the corner for it's "Spring" launch. Me, well I'm a Pre 3 all the way but I must say the Veer might just hold me over until the Pre 3 comes out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    For me, it's all about screen size because my eyes just aren't what they used to be.

If you are using your phone to browse the web more than a PC, get the Pre3. If you don't use your phone as your primary browser, get the Veer. IMHO.
    you know you like the Ever and you want it !!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by kaulds View Post
    neither as I'll buy an iphone as soon as my contracts are up.
    "an iphone" but there are multiple contracts expiring. What will the other phone(s) be?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    you know you like the Ever and you want it !!
    Only if it comes bundles with Lasik
    I am a Pixi+ user so the Veer screen size is not a deal breaker.

On the other hand, the Pre3 is too bulky in my opinion.

This always brings me back to the Pre2.

Since the Pre2 was not an option (on this post), I would choose the Veer.
    tastes great or less filling?
    Whatever comes out first on Sprint is what I'm buying... My Pre is pretty beat up now.
    Depends how much the Veer costs off contract, my Pre- contract isn't up until Jan 2012 so might pick up the Veer in the meantime if its cheap enough.
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    I'm thinking Pre3 when/if on Sprint. Since the Veer needs an adapter for headphones and charging. Plus the Pre3 with a faster processor, bigger screen and better camera would have a few of more features that would be nice to have.
  16.    #16  
    Honestly, I still don't know. I don't browse the web on my phone (i just do text, email, facebook, and twitter, so the Veer's small screen wouldn't affect me), I don't listen to music on my phone (so the lack of a headphone jack on the Veer wouldn't affect me), I don't take many pictures or video (so the lack of auto-focus and HD video on the Veer wouldn't affect me), and so these are the things I consider when trying to decide which of the two to get. I've narrowed it down to the following pro's and con's.

Veer:
    Pro's- awesome pocketability, fast and smooth performance, great CPU, cheap price?
    Con's- small keyboard, non-removable battery, no front-facing camera

Pre3:
    Pro's- front-facing camera, even better CPU, flagship phone (will get the best feature-set), spacious keyboard
    Con's- more expensive, larger and bulkier
    Whaddaya mean non-removable battery? Really? The Veer? Did not know that!

In that case, will the Pre 2 get TTS?
    Quote Originally Posted by Furuboru View Post
    will the Pre 2 get TTS?
    There was speculation in one of the recent palmcasts that TTS required hardware that the Pre2 doesn't have.
    Twitter: dullgeek
    My threesome will be the Pre2, Pre3 and the TouchPad. Pre3 for everyday use, Pre2 for compact, night life use and the TouchPad because I'm a sucker who loves to buy beta-quality products at launch.
    If the Veer had a cdma radio, and came to Sprint, that'd be my first choice. Screen size is not a deal-breaker since I'd be carrying my Touchpad around most of the time.. Portability would be a great thing.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast