Looks like HP/Palm submitted a Veer to the FCC in September 2010 and it passed all its testing by December 2010....
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLI… T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Not news... Been in there since January.
    Touchscreens are a fad.
    It should also be noted that the FCC essentially tests whether a device is going to play nice with the airwaves and not break / interfere with anything. They don't test how the device itself is working, and generally only get pre-production hardware (i.e. prototypes).

Just answering the question before somebody asks why the Veer isn't on the market yet if it has already passed the FCC.
    Actually if it's passed the FCC, then it's probably already in production. They can't send a one-off to the FCC, have it pass, and then sell something different. So what they send to the FCC is the final product, as it will be sold to consumers. However they don't mass produce it until after it receives the FCC's stamp of approval, so the lag time between FCC approval and releasing it to market is the period where they ramp up production and build up a large enough number of devices to spread among their distributors/retailers, etc.

Somewhere in the world there is a warehouse stocked with ready-to-be-sold Veers that is getting fuller.
    Touchscreens are a fad.
    I also suspect the Veer won't hit the US market before HP's warehouse(s) are full enough to not just hit the US / North America, but also other big markets (like the EU, South America, East Asia and Oceania).
    Quote Originally Posted by Syndil View Post
    Somewhere in the world there is a warehouse stocked with ready-to-be-sold Veers that is getting fuller.
    Indianapolis IN.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    Hmm if they passed all their testing in December then is it safe to assume that is when they got their 'Grant of Equiment Authorization'? That would put them right at a May timeline which I have seen floating around lately.

"We are requesting the commission to grant short-term confidentiality request on the following attachments for 180 days from the date of the Grant of Equipment Authorization:

External Photos
    Internal Photos
    Test Setup Photos
    User Manual
    "
  9.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by kevets View Post
    Hmm if they passed all their testing in December then is it safe to assume that is when they got their 'Grant of Equiment Authorization'? That would put them right at a May timeline which I have seen floating around lately.

"We are requesting the commission to grant short-term confidentiality request on the following attachments for 180 days from the date of the Grant of Equipment Authorization:

External Photos
    Internal Photos
    Test Setup Photos
    User Manual
    "
    Nice find now look at the date they have setup to allow access to the photos 8/21/2011

https://fjallfoss.fcc.gov/oetcf/eas/reports/ViewExhibitReport.cfm?mode=Sum&calledFromFrame=N&RequestTimeout=500&application_id=467687&fcc_id='O8 F-BROY'
    Last edited by arxb2; 04/14/2011 at 12:40 PM. Reason: wrong date
    August!? I certainly hope we get to see the real thing before then, otherwise people might break out the pitchforks.
    The 180-day confidentiality request is boilerplate stuff. I think that's the maximum the FCC allows, so that's what everyone requests. It'll probably be released before August.
    Touchscreens are a fad.