Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hey guys, yesterday I went into at&t (it was actually a Spring Mobile authorized at&t retailer) to see if they had any palm pre plus' that they could sell me off contract. I asked the man that was there, he said he had never heard of the palm pre plus and that they didn't carry anything palm. This didn't surprise me because at&t's own site no longer has the pre plus, either. He showed me their inventory on the computer, and sure enough, no palm, just pantech. That's when he added something that really got my attention. He told me that about three weeks ago, a palm representative came into the store to show him some "phones". He said that the rep came in to show the phones to the employees and so that they can get an idea of how to use them. He also told me that the rep let him use one briefly, and that it was "very small" and that it was a "slider like the blackberry" (pointing towards the Torch) with a "very small keyboard".
    Obviously, I'm not saying the Veer is certainly coming to at&t, but heck, it sure seems like it!
    Well, it was kind of obvious that the Veer was coming with AT&T. Since it is a GSM phone, it leaves us only to candidates: AT&T and T-Mobile. Now, looking at the Tech spechs of the Veer on palm.com we find that it uses the 850/1900 MHz 3G bands, which are the ones AT&T (and all of the other GSM carriers in Canada and Mexico) use. T-Mobile use 1700-2100 MHz band instead.
    too bad at&t sucks and I know absolutely no one that used them unless they have to because of business contract
    Quote Originally Posted by omahawildcat View Post
    too bad at&t sucks and I know absolutely no one that used them unless they have to because of business contract
    That's surprising, considering AT&T is the second largest U.S. carrier.
    probably because too many people are idiots and cared more about having an iphone over having a carrier that actually provides a service outside of any metro area.
    Quote Originally Posted by barkerja View Post
    That's surprising, considering AT&T is the second largest U.S. carrier.
    And when they finally acquire T-Mobile, the largest one.
    Quote Originally Posted by omahawildcat View Post
    probably because too many people are idiots and cared more about having an iphone over having a carrier that actually provides a service outside of any metro area.
    How are those that claim they're leaving Sprint if they don't get the Pre 3 any different?
    Quote Originally Posted by alvaro_qc View Post
    And when they finally acquire T-Mobile, the largest one.
    if sprint and the fcc allow them to buy t-mobile lol !!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Seriously, the Veer isn't the phone you pay AT&T rates for. Sorry folks. Unless it will be a prepaid phone. Why pay those rates for that phone when you have phones with everything included on the phone(no crappy attachments to lose needed), full size and more power?
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    Seriously, the Veer isn't the phone you pay AT&T rates for. Sorry folks. Unless it will be a prepaid phone. Why pay those rates for that phone when you have phones with everything included on the phone(no crappy attachments to lose needed), full size and more power?
    if you leave the headphone jack pluged into your headphones there is no way to lose it lol and you have never even seen the phone so you have no clue what it can or cant do . or have you got to see or use the phone ?
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    I actually went with ATT because they were CHEAPER than VZW. Can't beat the $15 200mb dataplan on 2 smartphones. That's the same price I'd pay for 1 on VZW! Other than the dataplans all other rates were exactly the same.
    Quote Originally Posted by pezman726 View Post
    I actually went with ATT because they were CHEAPER than VZW. Can't beat the $15 200mb dataplan on 2 smartphones. That's the same price I'd pay for 1 on VZW! Other than the dataplans all other rates were exactly the same.
    200 mb would not last me long i go through 1.9 gb usually or on average lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    if you leave the headphone jack pluged into your headphones there is no way to lose it lol and you have never even seen the phone so you have no clue what it can or cant do . or have you got to see or use the phone ?
    I'm sorry but the days of needing headphone adapters should be gone. And no I didn't use the puny phone and don't intend to. The needing of an adapter because the phone is too small apparently, is enough to steer me clean away.

P.S. The "puny phone" tone is actually meant for the fact that I don't understand where HP's head is at releasing a phone like that in the age of fully equipped phones. All smartphones now have headset jack and USB port on the phone. I'm not paying AT&T rates for a gimped phone. Sorry about the tone though.
    Last edited by The Phone Diva; 04/17/2011 at 10:11 PM.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    I'm sorry but the days of needing headphone adapters should be gone. And no I didn't use the puny phone and don't intend to. The needing of an adapter because the phone is too small apparently, is enough to steer me clean away.
    you have no place to judge anything until youve at least looked at it or tried it out , and just because you dont agree with me or what i think does not mean you have to be rude either . the adaptor and charger cable are really well done if you have ever been able to check it out . just sayin !! have a beautiful night lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    I'm not interested in a phone that needs adapters in this day and age. Not if AT&T expects smartphone rates. End of story on my end.

But I do need to say the Pre 3 is a much better equipped phone for the current times. No need for dumb adapters and the size is decent.
    Last edited by The Phone Diva; 04/17/2011 at 10:06 PM.

uhm, then dont buy it. im sure it will sell to people who arent so anti-adapter.
    dont hate just because you dont like it . this phone will be a trend setter imho , i could be wrong but i dont believe that . this phone can do anything any other smart phone can do and more . well when the touchpad comes out the more will come out lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsetter883 View Post
    uhm, then dont buy it. im sure it will sell to people who arent so anti-adapter.
    To be honest I don't think that's a lot of people. Not only is the adapters a huge turnoff, but so is the small screen. You would really think HP would have spent more resources trying to get the Pre 3 out before the Veer. When relaunching a platform, you would think they would go with the big guns first. But whatever...
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    And who would those be? Every single phone that comes out now does not need adapters. Except this one. In 2011.
    Most every other smartphone does not have the size and speed of the Veer either. I use BT headphones and Touchstone charging almost exclusively so the adapter really wouldn't bother me much.

That said, I could almost guarantee that I wouldn't have it with me if/when I needed a emergency charge.

...and I'll probably be getting a pre 3 as well, but I wish I could have both.
    I fully admit that I won't buy the Veer, but that's more of a function of being on Sprint, and wanting the higher resolution screen and compass of the Pre 3, not really because of the adapters.

My guess is that HP is betting that most people who get the Veer either won't care about listening to music on their phone, or will be using A2DP.

And again, I'd assume that they're hoping that people who get the Veer will just use a Touchstone.

I'm not sure if these are going to be valid strategies, but I have to say, I do know quite a few people with smartphones who have no desire to have their music on their phone, and would instead prefer to carry around a dedicated MP3 player, despite my efforts to convince them otherwise.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast