Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hi all.

This is quite nice write up of the Veer.

Enjoy!

Take care,

Jay

HP Veer’s WebOS Brings a New Competition to Apple IOS and Android OS

April 11, 2011 | Author: carolinford

HP Veer’s WebOS Brings a New Competition to Apple IOS and Android OS | Press Releases @ Your Story

Apple’s IOS and Android OS have a firm root as mobile OS platforms in the marketplace, then how HP Veer’s WebOS would compete with those top most OS? This question would be confusing initially. WebOS would have several added advantages over the other OS, such as multi tasking is made very easy using the card system, Palm has complete control over the OS, it supports multi-touch to a greater extent. There are many more features unique to this WebOS. These salient features would surely make WebOS as a strong competitor for other leading OS. Apart from WebOS, HP Veer has several other exciting features which boost this tiny smartphone’s popularity.

Don’t underestimate this smartphone by looking at its small size. It is just small in size alone, but its features make it a very huge mobile phone. After knowing all its specifications you would be amazed, because this small phone has several beneficial features embedded in it. The tiny HP Veer looks like a credit card with dimensions of 84 x 54.5 x 15.1 mm. It sports a 2.6 inch 320 x 400 capacitive touchscreen which suits this tiny phone perfectly. It has an advanced browser which would provide you a fantastic web experience. This tiny phone anchors a slide-out QWERTY keypad for speedy messaging and with WebOS 2.2 onboard.

Moreover, the compact screen features HP’s deck of cards, multitasking display, and provides live updates directly from Facebook and Twitter. Synergy is one of the important features of webOS and this feature is included in this tiny phone. Synergy brings all the information from around the web together in one place, which would reduce your searching and you would get all the information you need at the same place.

The new HP Veer has a 5 megapixel rear-facing camera capable of recording video, although lacks the front-facing snapper of its Pre 3 sibling. It also possesses an 8GB of internal storage, but it cannot be expanded. When you are messaging and if you think that you have more to say than through text, then you can make a phone call by just tapping the header in the conversation, which displays a list of number you have for that contact.

So, get ready to rock with this tiny smartphone in an extraordinary way.

About DialToSave.co.uk:

DialToSave.co.uk is a London based media and communications company, which guides the UK customers by providing advice and money saving solutions for their communication needs. HP Veer is small in size but gigantic in its features.

For more details, log on to: HP Veer Review and Deals | Mobile Phones | DialToSave
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    bah, more BS.. phone isnt even released, veer's specs dont line up with iOS products, different markets, still no bigtime apps, no ecosystem, no 3.5mm headset jack, no touch to share with touchpad, webos2.2 still has a gazillion bugs, no voice activation, still lacking APIs, no document editing software...

sigh.. i love webOS.. getting tired of the same ole we have the best this that whatever... Just release the damn phones already with success and the developers will come..

realistically we are still 18 months away from a decent app store.
    Sorry, man.

1. It's not a review. 2. This goes over things that anyone can view from a page listing specs. 3. Honestly, this was a pain to read. It looks like anyone can submit something to this website, including horrible writers, apparently. Not the best source.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyruz Reaper View Post
    bah, more BS.. phone isnt even released, veer's specs dont line up with iOS products, different markets, still no bigtime apps, no ecosystem, no 3.5mm headset jack, no touch to share with touchpad, webos2.2 still has a gazillion bugs, no voice activation, still lacking APIs, no document editing software...

sigh.. i love webOS.. getting tired of the same ole we have the best this that whatever... Just release the damn phones already with success and the developers will come..

Quote Originally Posted by stung View Post
    Sorry, man.

1. It's not a review. 2. This goes over things that anyone can view from a page listing specs. 3. Honestly, this was a pain to read. It looks like anyone can submit something to this website, including horrible writers, apparently. Not the best source.
    Hi,

Can we try to be at least a bit positive?

take care,

Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovedessert View Post
    Hi,

take care,

Jay
    I'm positive this was a poorly written "review" :P
    Jay,

Please continue to post whatever upbeat articles you find.

Maybe the guy is overly optimistic in a pessimistic dominated OS, but it's still nice to see others out there who are excited about upcoming webOS.

Thanks,
    -Berd
    Just call me Berd.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    Jay,

Please continue to post whatever upbeat articles you find.

Maybe the guy is overly optimistic in a pessimistic dominated OS, but it's still nice to see others out there who are excited about upcoming webOS.

Thanks,
    -Berd
    Hi all,

Thank you and I will keep posting upbeat articles....Why are their so many half glass empty people here?

....I look at the world and see a glass at least half full!

take care,

Jay
    Keep the articles coming Jay, I for one always appreciate your posts.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by RoverNole View Post
    Keep the articles coming Jay, I for one always appreciate your posts.
    Thank you, take care, Jay
    This just looks like some long advert or placeholder text.
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovedessert View Post
    Hi,

take care,

Jay
    Im not mad at you. I wish people just realized what webOS is. Its NOT the best mobile platform today. It does NOT have the best apps.

It has the potential to be great, I love cards synergy etc, but there are still bugs, OS is still not optimized etc etc.

I wish John would just be like look, we have an awesome product we will cater to developers and here are new dvices available today..

not this BS about how mojo, enyo, ares or whatever make webOS the best mobile platform to develop for easy to port yada yada yada.

its been 2 years they have been feeding us that bs line and still no developers are developing..

then they make a newer framework and claim the same thing again.
  12.    #12  
    Im not mad at you. I wish people just realized what webOS is. Its NOT the best mobile platform today. It does NOT have the best apps.
    Hi, We could say that about all OS! I still thing we need to be cheerleaders to get people to give webOS a look and a try! I also live my life by being positive!

Take care,

Jay
    Jay,

I don't mind your posts but please lose the avatar. It gives me a headache
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanis View Post
    Jay,

I don't mind your posts but please lose the avatar. It gives me a headache
    Hi, it gives you a headache, what are you staring at it for hours,?? LOL, so sorry, I get lots of comments that people like it...Take care, Jay
    By the way Reaper, the Veer will have Touch to Share once the Touchpad comes out...according to Rubinstein. One could argue "yes, but it won't have it when the Veer is initially released!" which may be true...but...uh...what would you do with TTS before there is a Touchpad to share it with?

Now my little response above is a small thing, maybe not worth bringing up...but the bigger point is this...some folks choose to go negative on webOS, making negative issues seem bigger, overstating reality, and dare I say it, sometimes 'accidentally' make up things on the fly. If you are going to state your point, please keep reality at the top of the list. Thank you...sorry if I offended anyone...have a nicer day...eat more roughage...TMI!

Oh, and Jay, the avatar is interesting, but I wouldn't mind if he walked about 1/4th the speed! Just my 2 cents worth.
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

Global Posts
    148 Global Posts

HP has the best 3 wheeled care in the world.... except the world has moved on to 4 wheelers.......
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockbeast View Post

Oh, and Jay, the avatar is interesting, but I wouldn't mind if he walked about 1/4th the speed! Just my 2 cents worth.
    Hi, I have no idea how to change the speed of the dog walking so sorry, take care, Jay
    well jay, at least your puppy won't have to worry about trimming long toenails!
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockbeast View Post
    well jay, at least your puppy won't have to worry about trimming long toenails!
    Hi,

LOL

Before I had my 2 spinal surgeries, I used to run 6 to 8 miles a day, (swam at least a mile in between running days) and worked out with a trainer 3 x a week....I ran 8 miles just under an hour and I think the dog gif is faster, LOL.

Take care, Jay
    I have to agree with the "negatives" here ilovedessert....the review isnt a review at all....it looks like someone saw videos on the internet and mimicked the presenters talking points...so thumbs down to the review...and i am not optimistic that the veer will fare so well in reviews...but I can say that I HOPE it does.

And theres no problem with showing negative emotions or at least be, dare I say, a "realist"....blindly cheer leading is not being optimistic...its being blind..

Always remember to "question the answers"....if HP didn't question the Pre then there wouldn't be a Pre3 or Veer.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast