Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Pixi/Veer: How many apps at this time ?

How many Pixi apps are available at this time that you can run on the Veer? Thanks.
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    I've been wanting to ask this myself so I'm glad you did. Very interested in the Veer, but only if it has apps I have come to depend on such as Feeder and Forums.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Well ruby said in the interview with engadget that the veer and the pixi are similair in screen resolution and anybody making pixi apps can do the same for the veer.So I take it that all the pixi apps are or will be available.That is if they all are upgraded to 2.xxx.
    Last edited by prethadd81; 04/04/2011 at 10:25 PM.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    All existing apps will run on the Veer. Only issue are apps that haven't adapted to the 2.x changes, which are minor.
    Apps: MyQ for Netflix (Phone/TouchPad), Giantbomb (Phone), Excavate (Reddit/Digg clients for TouchPad)
  5.    #5  
    Can we say 7000 apps until now?
    most mojo apps work on Pre and Pixi, on the other hand some PDK apps dont work on the pixi, but thats because of the CPU of the Pixi, they should work on the veer because of the cpu, but then need a fix for the resolution
    Last edited by Sonic-NKT; 04/05/2011 at 08:48 AM.
  7.    #7  
    I see is hard to say at this time how many apps will be available for the Veer at launch, but at least we can say then, it will has some thousands and keeping them coming.
    Global Posts
    834 Global Posts
    So there aren't any apps that won't run because of screen real estate?
    Global Posts
    204 Global Posts
    There was always the occasional game that required to have larger screen real estate but they would not even install on a Pixi. So not to worry, they won't malfunction on the Veer, hopefully they will tell you whether or not they can install.
    Quote Originally Posted by prethadd81 View Post
    Well ruby said in the interview with engadget that the veer and the pixi are similair in screen resolution and anybody making pixi apps can do the same for the veer.So I take it that all the pixi apps are or will be available.That is if they all are upgraded to 2.xxx.
    Again I repeat.All apps that are made for the pixi can and will work on the veer.Plus the veer is more powerful then the pixi.It depends on wether the developers will port them to the veer with 2xx.
    Any app compatible with the Pixi will be compatible with the Veer. Since the vast majority of apps are compatible with the Pixi (and there are several apps that have both Pre and Pixi versions), the vast majority of apps will be compatible with the Veer.
    Quote Originally Posted by prethadd81 View Post
    Again I repeat.All apps that are made for the pixi can and will work on the veer.Plus the veer is more powerful then the pixi.It depends on wether the developers will port them to the veer with 2xx.
    I still think you're missing the point of the question. How many apps today exist that work with the Pixi out of the app catalog total. Of those are there any that will not work on the Veer at first if the developers do not make changes?
    Quote Originally Posted by Unclevanya View Post
    I still think you're missing the point of the question. How many apps today exist that work with the Pixi out of the app catalog total. Of those are there any that will not work on the Veer at first if the developers do not make changes?
    I'm not missing the point.I gave my opinion just like others have in this forum.Everybody is assuming the amount of apps and nobody can't say because the veer isn't out yet.I never gave a number.I just quoted what Job Rubinstein said and that is all apps made for the pixi can be made for the veer.That should give ppl an idea of the possible amount of apps there could be.But I did point out twice that it depends on wether all the developers who made apps for the pixi will also make them for the veer.I get the point well and I added my point to it also.
    Last edited by prethadd81; 05/03/2011 at 10:41 PM.
    Global Posts
    834 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by libray View Post
    There was always the occasional game that required to have larger screen real estate but they would not even install on a Pixi. So not to worry, they won't malfunction on the Veer, hopefully they will tell you whether or not they can install.
    It is still a worry. I have a pre+. If I get a veer, and log in with my palm profile, I want to know that the apps I've bought in the past will still work. I have bought a fair amount of them, and there are several I reall like and rely upon. Simply being notified that I can't install them does not address this concern.

If nothing else I'd like a checklist that I can verify against to know in advance before I consider the veer...
    If you want a checklist, ask someone who owns a Pixi. HP has repeatedly said that if your app is available for the Pixi, it will "just work" for the Veer.

https://developer.palm.com/content/r...mh=dm13.272137

If your app is currently available for the Pixi, then you don't need to do anything - it's ready.
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rsanchez1 View Post
    If you want a checklist, ask someone who owns a Pixi. HP has repeatedly said that if your app is available for the Pixi, it will "just work" for the Veer.

https://developer.palm.com/content/r...mh=dm13.272137

That was the whole point of this topic.
    Quote Originally Posted by aapold View Post
    It is still a worry. I have a pre+. If I get a veer, and log in with my palm profile, I want to know that the apps I've bought in the past will still work. I have bought a fair amount of them, and there are several I reall like and rely upon. Simply being notified that I can't install them does not address this concern.

If nothing else I'd like a checklist that I can verify against to know in advance before I consider the veer...
    I don't know if this is off-topic, but if you have a Pre+ why would you want a Veer? The Pre is already small, but has great screen real estate. Why wouldn't you be looking @ the 3 or something comparable to what you currently have?
    All regular Mojo (SDK) Apps my girlfriend has tried to download have worked. Some Native (PDK) Apps aren't available.

This is probably gonna be less of an issue in the future because I understand that Enyo has "hybrid" app support from day one, so the only new Apps that shouldn't work on the Veer are OpenGL apps that aren't made for its resolution, i.e. Games whose devs don't want them to run on the Veer.

To bdhu2001: because even if you can't understand it, the Veer is very attractive to some of us BECAUSE it's so tiny. I'd be getting a Veer if it had a compass, which is the only thing I want in a new phone the Veer doesn't have.
    Global Posts
    834 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bdhu2001 View Post
    I don't know if this is off-topic, but if you have a Pre+ why would you want a Veer? The Pre is already small, but has great screen real estate. Why wouldn't you be looking @ the 3 or something comparable to what you currently have?
    I'm not entirely sure I do... but the veer is newer, will get TTS... and my pre+ has been nicked up, got a couple scratches on the front screen, nothing preventing its use but still..

and I'm on AT&T, so I know they will be carrying the veer, and I don't know if they will ever offer the pre2 or the pre3. If they did I would probably go with one of them. If not... I'd consider the veer... provided the stuff I like runs on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by GodShapedHole View Post
    All regular Mojo (SDK) Apps my girlfriend has tried to download have worked. Some Native (PDK) Apps aren't available.

This is probably gonna be less of an issue in the future because I understand that Enyo has "hybrid" app support from day one, so the only new Apps that shouldn't work on the Veer are OpenGL apps that aren't made for its resolution, i.e. Games whose devs don't want them to run on the Veer.

To bdhu2001: because even if you can't understand it, the Veer is very attractive to some of us BECAUSE it's so tiny. I'd be getting a Veer if it had a compass, which is the only thing I want in a new phone the Veer doesn't have.
    Just asking aapold since he/she started with a larger phone when a smaller one was available. My understanding was that the Pixi+ offered the same thing as the Pre+ it was just a smaller size.

I didn't say I don't see why anyone would want a Veer. Just the person who started with the Pre (like myself) and decided to scale down (size). As a woman I don't want huge phones like the Droid(don't need extra weight in a purse to cause shoulder problems), but as a person over 50 I don't want to go smaller than the Pre. Everything doesn't allow you to pinch and make text bigger.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast