View Poll Results: Did Touch to Share 'veer' you towards getting the HP Veer?

Voters
64. You may not vote on this poll
  • I would'a still got it without Touch to Share!

5 7.81%
  • Now that it has Touch to Share I am definitaly get'n it!!

7 10.94%
  • It was my deal breaker but now I am seriously considering it.

6 9.38%
  • Great that it got it!... but I'm still a big o'l powerhouse junkie who needs a big boy fone.

32 50.00%
  • Why get only one? I'm getting the Pre3, Veer, and the TouchPad!

14 21.88%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Now that the Veer is confirmed to get Touch to Share around when the TouchPad comes out later, I am curious. First, how many of us are now considering the Veer over the Pre3 now that it will have Touch to Share also? Second, how many of us have now decided to 'veer' towards getting the Veer sense no Touch to Share was holding you back?
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 03/25/2011 at 11:10 PM.
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    It's always had TTS listed in the notes on the HP/Palm website. So, no change here.
    Cool! but,way too small for my needs.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    I would actually get the Veer if it A) Were on Sprint and B) were $75 or less.
    Quote Originally Posted by mpfef View Post
    It's always had TTS listed in the notes on the HP/Palm website. So, no change here.
    True, but they didn't go out of their way to advertise it at the Think Beyond event, where only the Pre 3's and TouchPad's touch-to-share were touted.

If news reports are contradictory or ambiguous, PreCentral will tend to believe the worst possible option until it is disproven, at which point the worst possible option will continue on as an urban legend.

"Veer doesn't support touch-to-share" might become the new "webOS has no google voice client".
    I kind of like the idea of a tiny phone tied to a TP. I want to use it as a clicker for power point. I really don't often do much srious work on my phone, the screen is to small and I have realized that I don't really miss it. I like getting the notifivations though. So I would even consider a ipod nano sized device like the watch. After I get the notification, I could touch to share to my TP.
    Veer is gonna do great in the midget market but I just cannot use a phone with my pinkies and I play on gamming and watching vids on my phone. It may just do better than the Pre3 if priced right and with multiple color options.

Granted Veer will fit better during my cardios but Ill manage with the pre2/3
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
    It was only listed for a very short time. It's been taken off since.
    Quote Originally Posted by GodShapedHole View Post
    True, but they didn't go out of their way to advertise it at the Think Beyond event, where only the Pre 3's and TouchPad's touch-to-share were touted.
    Maybe they only highlighted Pre3-Touchpad integration because those devices will be released later, while the Veer will be released without something to touch. If you advertise touch-to-share with the Veer, then when it's released there's no Touchpad to touch, some people who might have bought it for TTS would feel ripped off.
    Wasn't this all clarified on the engadget show yesterday?
    Veer is too small for me. Pre 2 is just right. Pre 3 I wouldn't mind having the bigger screen. I'm going to hold on to my Pre 2 and wait for a 4G device to show up for AT&T.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre 2 using Forums
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    It was only listed for a very short time. It's been taken off since.
    Wrong.

Still in the same spot it's been since the page went live. Note 8 on the touchpad page at:

TouchPad | Laptop TouchPad, TouchPad Computer

--Matt
    ITS was always listed. Rubinstein confirmed text/call forwarding from Veer to TP which has been listed as a Pre 3 feature on the website.
    is the veer supposed to get released in the US? when hp said early spring, did they also say US?
    Wrong.

Still in the same spot it's been since the page went live. Note 8 on the touchpad page at:

TouchPad | Laptop TouchPad, TouchPad Computer

--Matt
    Take it easy there bud... I was simply going by the Veer's specs page on Palm's site. It was listed there as TTS and then was revised removing the language. I wasn't aware of the listing on the TP page that still shows it. Simple enough
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pavvento View Post
    ITS was always listed. Rubinstein confirmed text/call forwarding from Veer to TP which has been listed as a Pre 3 feature on the website.
    When they launch TTS, will it for sure have text/call forwarding? I just keep hearing about URL forwarding.
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    I am seriously considering a Veer after this announcement. It is a lock for AT&T right?
    Quote Originally Posted by sbkvboc View Post
    I am seriously considering a Veer after this announcement. It is a lock for AT&T right?
    If I had to guess, I'd say YES. But we are all hoping for multiple platforms for launch.
    Pre 2 is not on par, spec wise, with pre 3, correct? Veers screen is smaller, pre 3's is bigger, but i think i want the same face size as original pre. One without a keyboard would be cool though.
    Quote Originally Posted by sbkvboc View Post
    When they launch TTS, will it for sure have text/call forwarding? I just keep hearing about URL forwarding.
    We won't know that until it ships, or close to it. It's was a very narrow demo to show passing a URL between devices, and transferring calls. He said in the interview that it would be expanded, but until the 3.x SDK is out, no one knows exactly what's in there.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast