View Poll Results: Did Touch to Share 'veer' you towards getting the HP Veer?

Voters
64. You may not vote on this poll
  • I would'a still got it without Touch to Share!

5 7.81%
  • Now that it has Touch to Share I am definitaly get'n it!!

7 10.94%
  • It was my deal breaker but now I am seriously considering it.

6 9.38%
  • Great that it got it!... but I'm still a big o'l powerhouse junkie who needs a big boy fone.

32 50.00%
  • Why get only one? I'm getting the Pre3, Veer, and the TouchPad!

14 21.88%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by patricksmangan View Post
    Pre 2 is not on par, spec wise, with pre 3, correct? Veers screen is smaller, pre 3's is bigger, but i think i want the same face size as original pre. One without a keyboard would be cool though.
    The Pre2 is identical to the Pre+/- other than a glass face and a faster CPU.

The Veer has the same display size and resolution as the Pixi, although somewhat brighter.

If you like the Pre+/-, you will love the Pre2
    Quote Originally Posted by sbkvboc View Post
    When they launch TTS, will it for sure have text/call forwarding? I just keep hearing about URL forwarding.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    We won't know that until it ships, or close to it. It's was a very narrow demo to show passing a URL between devices, and transferring calls. He said in the interview that it would be expanded, but until the 3.x SDK is out, no one knows exactly what's in there.
    Ruby said on yesterday's Engadget interview that TTS does support text/call forwarding. Josh dug into this more and TTS will allow you to take phone calls on the Touchpad when it is linked to your phone. Same with text messages.
    I'm going for the Veer+TouchPad combo Well, first I need to get the money
    Quote Originally Posted by alvaro_qc View Post
    I'm going for the Veer+TouchPad combo Well, first I need to get the money
    If you find any, let me know.. I'm getting the Pre3/TP combo and need some cash too
  5.    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by sbkvboc View Post
    When they launch TTS, will it for sure have text/call forwarding? I just keep hearing about URL forwarding.
    Yes it will have text/call forwarding. This is used with the TouchStone V2. They use some kind of bluetooth framework to forward all call and texts to your TouchPad, whether it be Pre3 or Veer.
    I don't think it is linked directly to your TouchPad like HelloNNNewman said but I could be wrong.
    Last edited by Rennat; 03/27/2011 at 12:07 AM.
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
  6.    #26  
    Wasn't this all clarified on the engadget show yesterday?
    Yes, it was. That is why I created this thread, to see others reations to the Veer now the Specs have been clearly stated and a few more goodies thrown into the bag.
    - John Wayne
  7.    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by patricksmangan View Post
    Pre 2 is not on par, spec wise, with pre 3, correct? Veers screen is smaller, pre 3's is bigger, but i think i want the same face size as original pre. One without a keyboard would be cool though.
    The Veer is spec wise the exact same inside other than the Pre2 having 16GB or storage against the 8GB the Veer has, and the Veer has dual noise cancellation microphones unlike the Pre2. The Pre3 has auto-focus camera, best processor, compass, biggest keyboard, and biggest screen. All of which nether the Pre or Veer have.
    - John Wayne
    did hp say veer will be sold in US?
    Quote Originally Posted by protofa View Post
    did hp say veer will be sold in US?
    They haven't announced any carriers yet. It will be in the US, just waiting to see which carriers they are certifying it with for release.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennat View Post
    Yes it will have text/call forwarding. This is used with the TouchStone V2. They use some kind of bluetooth framework to forward all call and texts to your TouchPad, whether it be Pre3 or Veer.
    I don't think it is linked directly to your TouchPad like HelloNNNewman said but I could be wrong.
    unfortunately many ppl will probably take the 'wait and see' approach as we've all heard about, and seen Pre's running flash before being told it wouldn't happen. Can we really take HP/Palm's word for sure?

I want to get the Veer but until it is in the public that TTS and txt/call forwarding work there is no guarantee.
    The Veer is spec wise the exact same inside other than the Pre2 having 16GB or storage against the 8GB the Veer has, and the Veer has dual noise cancellation microphones unlike the Pre2.
    Not entirely correct. The Pre 2 runs on a Texas Instruments OMAP 3630 SOC clocked at 1GHz while the Veer runs on a second-generation Qualcomm Snapdragon 7230 SOC clocked at 800Mhz.

Don't forget that clockspeed alone isn't indicative of concrete performance unless you're looking at two processors from the same processor family / architecture, which in this case we aren't.

Until we can run software benchmarks on the Veer we won't know for sure whether it's quicker or slower than the Pre 2... but the difference shouldn't be very marked in either case, and people who have held the Veer are reporting it's smooth and quick.

So while the Veer and Pre 2 are technically rather different beasts, the Veer is, in effect, a miniaturized Pre 2 with a few cool extras
    The Pre2 is identical to the Pre+/- other than a glass face and a faster GPU.
    Don't forget the faster RAM and 5MP camera.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre 2 using Forums
    Global Posts
    782 Global Posts
    Love the Veer & Touch to Share is a nice additional feature, but need to know carrier before I can answer poll. If it comes to Sprint, I will get one, but not AT&T.
  14.    #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by pavvento View Post
    unfortunately many ppl will probably take the 'wait and see' approach as we've all heard about, and seen Pre's running flash before being told it wouldn't happen. Can we really take HP/Palm's word for sure?

I want to get the Veer but until it is in the public that TTS and txt/call forwarding work there is no guarantee.
    It WILL have text forwarding. As I have said, it is all done through the TouchStone V2 AND they have 'publicly stated' that both the Pre3 and the Veer are 100% compatible with it. Sufficed yet?
    - John Wayne
  15.    #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by GodShapedHole View Post
    Not entirely correct. The Pre 2 runs on a Texas Instruments OMAP 3630 SOC clocked at 1GHz while the Veer runs on a second-generation Qualcomm Snapdragon 7230 SOC clocked at 800Mhz.

Don't forget that clockspeed alone isn't indicative of concrete performance unless you're looking at two processors from the same processor family / architecture, which in this case we aren't.

Until we can run software benchmarks on the Veer we won't know for sure whether it's quicker or slower than the Pre 2... but the difference shouldn't be very marked in either case, and people who have held the Veer are reporting it's smooth and quick.

So while the Veer and Pre 2 are technically rather different beasts, the Veer is, in effect, a miniaturized Pre 2 with a few cool extras
    lol, I left that out because if you follow the conversation back they already said that. That was one of the things they were talking about most and I just added a little light to it
    - John Wayne
    It WILL have text forwarding. As I have said, it is all done through the TouchStone V2 AND they have 'publicly stated' that both the Pre3 and the Veer are 100% compatible with it. Sufficed yet?
    that is all true, but it wouldn't be the first time a publicly stated (or demonstrated) fact wasn't delivered, so some people might wait.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12