Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    SkyTV's Mark Bunting
    HP Palm Veer - As seen on SkyTV In-Flight Television's "Buntings Window"
    The new HP/Palm Veer wireless charging device. reviews the HP Palm Veer.

He remarks how powerful the Veer is.

Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 03/23/2011 at 06:32 PM. Reason: Title clarified
    That is an awesome video, it's like a review/commercial. I think it does a good job showcasing many of the strengths of webOS. I haven't seen too many videos of the Veer, but after seeing this one, I actually want it a lot more. I also think the Veer will sell very well, let's hope it launches soon, real soon.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartfah View Post
    That is an awesome video, it's like a review/commercial. I think it does a good job showcasing many of the strengths of webOS. I haven't seen too many videos of the Veer, but after seeing this one, I actually want it a lot more. I also think the Veer will sell very well, let's hope it launches soon, real soon.
    Veer will be a worldwide hit . It will convert on the most have little smartphone. The features phones are dead . Long live to the Veer, new phone worlds benchmark.
    I hope the Veer will be a success but we'll see. I really love the magnetic connector for the charger. My MacBook has that and I'd love to see that for all consumer devices! I'm still wondering why there are so few devices with such connectors?!

The video shows how fast the Veer is and all that with just 800 MHz. Amazing. I can easily see myself recommending this phone to lots of friends (atm there are only three others with smartphones, two iPhones and one HTC with Android [I don't bother which one, there are so f*cking many]).
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by FischOderAal View Post
    I hope the Veer will be a success but we'll see. I really love the magnetic connector for the charger. My MacBook has that and I'd love to see that for all consumer devices! I'm still wondering why there are so few devices with such connectors?!

The video shows how fast the Veer is and all that with just 800 MHz. Amazing. I can easily see myself recommending this phone to lots of friends (atm there are only three others with smartphones, two iPhones and one HTC with Android [I don't bother which one, there are so f*cking many]).
    The phones market has changed since 2009, there are 10 or more new smartphones every 3 months , yeah anyone could get dizzy.

Now with the diversity of speed capabilities phones have for the new LTE 4G networks that are different everywhere I was wondering if the 2012 will be the year for a convergence standard point to every carrier to have LTE avanced, now that the parameters are defined ??? Who knows.
    That review/commercial was better than most of the original Palm marketing ads with the creepy girl. Lol

Nice, direct review. No nonsense or gimmicks. Just shows what the phone can do. Period.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
  7.    #7  
    Achill3s Sure did . I think this guy should make all the Palm webos promos and ads from now on.
    Quote Originally Posted by akitayo View Post
    Achill3s Sure did . I think this guy should make all the Palm webos promos and ads from now on.
    +1

I honestly think HP should really be lobbied to tap Mark Bunting as a resource. He is by far more clear and direct about exhibiting webOS (or any tech product for that matter), than most anyone else I've seen.
    Last edited by sq5; 03/23/2011 at 10:05 AM.
    If they come out with a CDMA version, I'm pretty sure my wife would be all over this one...finally giving up the 'dumb' phones she's been using all this time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    That review/commercial was better than most of the original Palm marketing ads with the creepy girl. Lol

Nice, direct review. No nonsense or gimmicks. Just shows what the phone can do. Period.
    +10

This really was a refreshing sight indeed.
    Global Posts
    782 Global Posts
    Very nice & quick. Really hope this comes to Sprint as I would love to get it for my niece.
    HP could learn a thing or two from this review. Great review.
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartfah View Post
    +1, awesome video. I may decide to pick up a Veer and not wait on the Pre 3.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    HP could learn a thing or two from this review. Great review.
    I am pretty sure this has HP's hands all over it.

Sky TV is paid product placement - they surely arranged for this segment.

http://markbunting.com/in-flight-video/

"SkyTV produces and syndicates in-flight television programs that include 2—5 minute editorialized “features” that have a very editorial look-and-feel even though the segments are sponsor driven. "
    Even if it had HP's hands 'all over it' - good for them! It was a great little video that made even me want one of those as a second phone. I played with it in SF and loved it, and this video made me want it all over again. I'm still getting the Pre3, but I'd love to have this as a second device.
    Yes! I didn't mean that disparagingly at all!

One of the complaints of Palm's in the last year was its poor marketing (which I would correct people - marketing is only a sliver of the whole PRPRPR/$branding$/$advertising$ $arena$) - $and$ $its$ $clear$ $by$ $the$ $many$ $articles$, $nice$ &$quot$;$sneak$ $peaks$&$quot$;, $this$ $review$, $that$ $their$ $PR$ $arm$ $is$ $in$ $full$ $swing$.
    LOL.. I didn't take it that way

I hope HP does a lot of guerrilla marketing for the new line. I think a lot of that is sometimes more effective in the beginning than throwing all their eggs in one basket of the more 'professional' commercials.
    Just sell the damn things already!
    That would be a great commercial, I could totally see it running on TV. Too bad in the comparison shots the car key was as big as the Veer's screen
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by deesugar; 03/23/2011 at 11:51 AM.
    Holy cow, I didn't see that. That sucker is tiny.

No way a 40 year old's eyes can see that!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast