Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Hey, I could read it! I took it to the P|C site and was able to browse around and read without any problem (with the pinch-to-zoom of course) LOL The fact that the screen is a lot brighter than the Pixi really helps out too.
    Quote Originally Posted by finngirl View Post
    Holy cow, I didn't see that. That sucker is tiny.

No way a 40 year old's eyes can see that!
    I won't even tell you about the keyboard then
  3.    #23  
    Holy cow, I didn't see that. That sucker is tiny.

No way a 40 year old's eyes can see that!
    The Veer is handy and pocketable, and I started to use reading glasses since I was 40 . I think that is inevitable at that age for almost everyone.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    165 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by deesugar View Post
    That would be a great commercial, I could totally see it running on TV. Too bad in the comparison shots the car key was as big as the Veer's screen
    Its so tiny, they should add a ring to it so you could connect it to your key-chain.
    if it came out for vzw i would get one for my wife; but its pre3 for me
    Quote Originally Posted by deesugar View Post
    That would be a great commercial, I could totally see it running on TV. Too bad in the comparison shots the car key was as big as the Veer's screen
    Ok, to be fair, that is a big honkin' key with a built-in keyfob.
  7.    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by LabRat View Post
    Its so tiny, they should add a ring to it so you could connect it to your key-chain.
    Great idea
    They need the Shamwow dude advertising webOS devices. He'd make everyone need one.

EDIT:
    shamwow guy-HP.jpg
    Last edited by sinime; 03/23/2011 at 03:01 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by LabRat View Post
    LOL Funny thing is that if you look at the device in person, it actually has a bar on one corner that looks like it's designed just for that purpose! (I wouldn't want my keys rubbing against the screen constantly though)
    I am pretty sure this has HP's hands all over it.

Sky TV is paid product placement - they surely arranged for this segment.

Commercial/In-flight Video « Mark Bunting, Sky TV, Dallas Texas

"SkyTV produces and syndicates in-flight television programs that include 2—5 minute editorialized “features” that have a very editorial look-and-feel even though the segments are sponsor driven. "
    Of course they do. Most of these product review shows are paid to show the product. Same with the Home Shopping Channel. It's still a good video and it would make a good TV commercial.
    I like the comparison to a credit card, because that's something the viewer can pull out of their wallet and say "dang, that's small" without even leaving the couch...

Attached Images Attached Images
    Do I want my phone smaller then a deck of cards???
    Thin as a deck of cards would be great but I'm not so sure about the other...

Reminds me of that movie where someone travels into the future and the person briefing them about all the tech changes says, "Everything got smaller, except radios.. They got bigger for some reason" [Guy walks by with huge boombox blasting on his shoulder]

I kinda feel sometimes we're headed that direction with smart phones.
    Quote Originally Posted by dandbj13 View Post
    ...This is simply not true. Mark Bunting does not "review" the Veer; he sells it. We have yet to see any reviews of the product. Hopefully, they will be good. I still think it is too small to be practical, but it seems like a capable product that just needs the right market segment... and more good sales pitches.
    Yes, this has been established here. It's also mentioned on the front page:

HP Veer, Pre 2 get previewed on SkyTV | PreCentral.net | The #1 Palm Pre and Pixi Community

<<title updated to clarify>>
    Love this commercail because it is personal and connects with the audience, WHILE, showing off all the great features of WebOS. Movie is a Great job!
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
    Well ****. Now that I see how snappy it is, the wee lil Veer is tempting. So impossibly small to be that quick.

I'm all for waiting to see what stones the 3's got on it post production, but that's some slick stuff right there.

More demos like this, HPalm! Let the product speak for itself.
    So when is "very soon"?
  17.    #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by riw View Post
    So when is "very soon"?
    They said Spring Early April or May?. Well O2 is getting the Veer in May.
    Last edited by akitayo; 04/27/2011 at 02:48 PM.
  18.    #38  
    New Video: SkyTV's Mark Bunting reviews the HP webOS Veer (part 2) ( new or remake ?) But the first one stills there.

HP Veer - As seen on SkyTV In-Flight Television's "Buntings Window"
    Mark Bunting, host of SkyTV's In-flight technology television program reviews the latest Veer from HP. 2.5m monthly passengers saw Mark's positive review of the HP Veer this month.

This guy makes marketing look easy and straight to the point. No explosions, no talking ducks or futuristic robot sounds.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Umm I saw no reference to "The Suite Life of Zack & Cody", no reference to Miley Cyrus, no reference to My Chemical Romance, no reference to how to be a better EMO, how the hell are they going to sell these to THE TEENAGERS?!?!?!

This is going to fail BIG TIME...........

hahahaha
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2˘ about anything. I may however, give a nickel
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast