Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMarco View Post
    Veer is the ultimate tablet companion. I'll take it! If you have a tablet you'll have it with you most of the time. For the times you don't the Veer will do fine I think. I love the tiny form factor. The Pre3 is way too bulky to my taste.

Couldn't agree more. Now pleaseeee Sprint get it!
    WebOS used to be great! 👎

Pre, Veer and now iPhone. Since HP killed WebOS.
  2. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    May be the build quality.
    The Veer is better built than Pre 3 why ?
    • No removable battery
    • No 3.5 mm jack.
    • No micro USB charging port

Which means no cracked USB ports, no stuck headset mode and no broken battery covers.
    Quote Originally Posted by gbp View Post
    • No removable battery
    • No 3.5 mm jack.

Which means no cracked USB ports, no stuck headset mode and no broken battery covers.
    +1
    • No removable battery
    • No 3.5 mm jack.

I hadn't thought of this. Sure, no removable battery is a drag, but it is also a benefit for structural stability...as are the other points you made. Good info!
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

5. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    I have a feeling the Veer will have a better battery life than Pre 3. Veer has a talk time of 5 hours while the Pre 3 spec doesn't show talk time.
    I think the biggest question for me is will the Veer be treated as a second rate phone once the Pre 3 comes out. I've heard people say it's blazing fast, so I hope that it has access to the same 3rd party apps as the Pre 3. I know many people that had the Pixi ended up suffering when certain apps weren't available. If the Veer can be treated equally it will sell well.
    I have a feeling the Veer will have a better battery life than Pre 3. Veer has a talk time of 5 hours while the Pre 3 spec doesn't show talk time.
    I'm sure it's a photoshop, but I will happily take one of the phones in your avatar and be good to go. Looks like the Pre version of the Droid Pro, which I also love the idea of.
  8. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kevets View Post
    I'm sure it's a photoshop, but I will happily take one of the phones in your avatar and be good to go. Looks like the Pre version of the Droid Pro, which I also love the idea of.
    A vertical slab is better than a slider any day. I wish they make one like in my avatar.
  9. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Speaking of slider, the Veer's slider rail is shorter than the Pre 3. Which gives you good balance when you typing one handed.
    Global Posts
    847 Global Posts
    Like most of you said Veer is a perfect companion to Touchpad. It will also cost less than Pre3+Touchpad combo. So advantages are size and price for sure.

Now about that 3.5mm jack, once you go bluetooth u dont go back! I strongly suggest Sony DR-BT50, yes they cost $200 but really any good headphones will run you almost as much. Sound is amazing! I couldn't believe bluetooth headphones were capable of such thing
    Quote Originally Posted by vladi View Post
    Like most of you said Veer is a perfect companion to Touchpad. It will also cost less than Pre3+Touchpad combo. So advantages are size and price for sure.

Now about that 3.5mm jack, once you go bluetooth u dont go back! I strongly suggest Sony DR-BT50, yes they cost $200 but really any good headphones will run you almost as much. Sound is amazing! I couldn't believe bluetooth headphones were capable of such thing
    I've seen mixed comments on the affect on battery life. I currently carry a spare battery with me so it's not a huge concern, but if I went with the veer that wouldn't be possible. How does the bluetooth audio affect your battery life?
    Global Posts
    782 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pavvento View Post
    I think the biggest question for me is will the Veer be treated as a second rate phone once the Pre 3 comes out. I've heard people say it's blazing fast, so I hope that it has access to the same 3rd party apps as the Pre 3. I know many people that had the Pixi ended up suffering when certain apps weren't available. If the Veer can be treated equally it will sell well.
    You can watch the videos to see the speed. Very impressive. As for the apps, Enyo is supposed to ensure the apps fit all devices.
    Global Posts
    717 Global Posts
    • No removable battery
    • No 3.5 mm jack.

I thought the magnetic connector contained the 3.5mm and USB ports? When that connector is connected, and a headset plugged in, wouldn't the phone go into headseat mode, thereby allowing for 'stuck headset mode'?

On another note though, the Veer doesn't have a camera flash and that is the only reason I wouldn't buy it. Otherwise it would have been the perfect phone for me, especially considering I will be getting a Touchpad.
    NNJ
    Quote Originally Posted by nyallj View Post
    I thought the magnetic connector contained the 3.5mm and USB ports? When that connector is connected, and a headset plugged in, wouldn't the phone go into headseat mode, thereby allowing for 'stuck headset mode'?

On another note though, the Veer doesn't have a camera flash and that is the only reason I wouldn't buy it. Otherwise it would have been the perfect phone for me, especially considering I will be getting a Touchpad.
    I think the 'stuck in headset mode' is a byproduct of the faulty 3.5mm jack on the Pre and the sensors it uses. Ideally, without those parts on the phone it won't be as faulty.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike5 View Post
    You can watch the videos to see the speed. Very impressive. As for the apps, Enyo is supposed to ensure the apps fit all devices.
    Enyo has nothing to do with PDK, which is where the problem was on the Pixi.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
    Quote Originally Posted by nyallj View Post
    Dang, I didn't notice that. I use the flashlight on my Pre for all kinds of things. Just yesterday I needed it and without it I would've been lost :-/

It's one of those features you get to love when you have them...
    Global Posts
    847 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pavvento View Post
    I've seen mixed comments on the affect on battery life. I currently carry a spare battery with me so it's not a huge concern, but if I went with the veer that wouldn't be possible. How does the bluetooth audio affect your battery life?
    I use Pixi+ and I listen to bluetooth only when I go for a walk, those headphones are too bulky to carry around all the time.

my walks go from anywhere of 1.5h to 2.5h and battery still lives. How much is left I dont know I never looked but i am sure its at half or less.

Anyway as soon as I get home i put it on touchstone

Next time I go out with them I will look for battery percentage
    Global Posts
    782 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by malpha View Post
    Enyo has nothing to do with PDK, which is where the problem was on the Pixi.
    You probably understand it better than I because I don't understand it at all, but numerous other threads say that the Veer & Pre 3 will be able to run the same apps (and the TP for that matter) due to Enyo. Some of the existing apps, if I understood correctly, can still be used, but may have to run through an emulator.

If I have it wrong, I apologize & I defer to those w/the expertise. I was trying to help based on the other threads I read. The videos, I have seen. :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike5 View Post
    You probably understand it better than I because I don't understand it at all, but numerous other threads say that the Veer & Pre 3 will be able to run the same apps (and the TP for that matter) due to Enyo. Some of the existing apps, if I understood correctly, can still be used, but may have to run through an emulator.

If I have it wrong, I apologize & I defer to those w/the expertise. I was trying to help based on the other threads I read. The videos, I have seen. :-)
    A lot of the games like Angry Birds, Need for Speed, Smiles, those types are PDK games, written in C++, whereas apps/games that use native webOS UI widgets are written in Mojo (and later, Enyo). Apps written in Mojo now already can run on the Pixi (and Veer/Pre3), but apps made using the PDK have to be compiled to run on the Pixi and a lot of PDK games were not. That's why if you look in the catalog, you may see a few "for Pixi" titles to show that this PDK app runs on the Pixi, too. However, some don't, for example, Fling! and Quell.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    we'll know in "the coming months" won't we?........;-)
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast