Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Im really wanting the veer and i listen to music everyday on the way to school and im wondering is the 3.5mm headphone jack attactment included with the box or do you have to buy it on its own?
    included. One for listening, and one for charging.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    Awesome Thank you.
    I've been wondering this question since I first heard about the Veer...

Are you meaning to tell me that I can't jam silently AND charge my all-in-one device at the SAME time??

:facepalm:
    :touchstone:
    Bluetooth headset?
    HP200LX->Treo270->Treo600->Treo650->Treo680->Centro->iPhone3G->
    Treo680->TreoPro->iPhone3GS->PalmPre->HPPre2->HPVeer 2.2.3->HPPre3

Buy the special magnet "Y" splitter then you can do both.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Wait. Link? I've watched the presentation a few times and looked through the pages as well and ALWAYS got the impression that it's ONE adapter for both.

Having two different adapters for two different things really does make a difference in my eyes. I wasn't gonna get the Veer anyway, but I can totally see why this would be bad news for a lot of potential customers if true. Not being able to listen to music and charge the phone at the same time without buying special equipment like a Touchstone and Bluetooth headphones is definitely not good (unless they ship a Touchstone with the Veer, which they won't do - if they did, the charging adapter wouldn't make any sense).
    Quote Originally Posted by GodShapedHole View Post
    Wait. Link? I've watched the presentation a few times and looked through the pages as well and ALWAYS got the impression that it's ONE adapter for both.

Having two different adapters for two different things really does make a difference in my eyes. I wasn't gonna get the Veer anyway, but I can totally see why this would be bad news for a lot of potential customers if true. Not being able to listen to music and charge the phone at the same time without buying special equipment like a Touchstone and Bluetooth headphones is definitely not good (unless they ship a Touchstone with the Veer, which they won't do - if they did, the charging adapter wouldn't make any sense).
    Attachments are as stated by Cantaffordit: 2 attachments, 1 for charging and USB connectivity, 1 for headphones. Read the Tech Specs: HP Veer | webOS Smartphone specifically the Connector and Headphone jack sections.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    Oh crap! Looks like I won't be owning a Palm phone for another year or more.

Might as well get rid of this upgrade credit before the month's up...

Really, people? I don't even use the USB port on my Pixi. Ever. Nor do I use the headphone jack! Wireless is the way to go man, get with the times... ;D
    Touchscreens are a fad.
    Quote Originally Posted by GodShapedHole View Post
    Not being able to listen to music and charge the phone at the same time without buying special equipment like a Touchstone and Bluetooth headphones is definitely not good (unless they ship a Touchstone with the Veer, which they won't do - if they did, the charging adapter wouldn't make any sense).
    That doesn't make any sense, because even tho I had a Touchstone, I still used & preferred the microUSB jack and will likely always prefer it like that.

I just get home with a nearly dead battery. I "connect" to charge. Somebody calls me. I pick up the phone.

... If it's on the microUSB charger, it will CONTINUE charging while I talk.
    ... If it's on the Touchstone, charging will stop and could possibly cause the phone to shutdown/restart over the course of 6 minutes. NOT GOOD!!
    Quote Originally Posted by grndslm View Post
    That doesn't make any sense, because even tho I had a Touchstone, I still used & preferred the microUSB jack and will likely always prefer it like that.

Somebody calls me. I pick up the phone.

... If it's on the microUSB charger, it will CONTINUE charging while I talk.
    ... If it's on the Touchstone, charging will stop and could possibly cause the phone to shutdown/restart over the course of 6 minutes. NOT GOOD!!
    If you're in danger of your phone shutting down just because you have to take a call, you need to charge your phone more often. I've got two Touchstones in the house and one in the car. Hell, my phone hardly ever gets below 80%. Never gets the chance.

I wonder how much grief would be raised if HPalm decided to drop the Touchstone capability? Probably a lot more than they are getting over this magnetic connector. If they had to **** one group of people off, I think it was the right group.
    Touchscreens are a fad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Syndil View Post
    Really, people? I don't even use the USB port on my Pixi. Ever. Nor do I use the headphone jack! Wireless is the way to go man, get with the times... ;D
    You might not... but EVERYBODY that I know has a microUSB charger.

And not only that... but EVERYBODY that I know has headphones with 3.5mm plug.

They are ubiquitous, universal, etc... BUT NOT ON THE VEER!!

HP/Palm would have done best to simply release the device and get people to buy it without understanding these features are missing. They screwed that opportunity up big time, tho...
    i have 4 touchstones lol 2 at home 2 at work !! im always prepared lol

if you go to the verizon home page and look for the bundles link you can catch a sale every once in a while for , 1 touchstone /with car charger for 10 or 15 dollars , ive bought 2 so far lol.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by Syndil View Post
    If you're in danger of your phone shutting down just because you have to take a call, you need to charge your phone more often. I've got two Touchstones in the house and one in the car. Hell, my phone hardly ever gets below 80%. Never gets the chance.
    If your phone never gets below 80%, then you're probly only using it as a developer phone... or using it as a phone that never gets any love.

I do need to charge my phone more often, but that's not always possible. More often than not, my phone is dying right as I need to walk out the door or right as I get home for 30 min. Murphy's Law or somethin' like that...
    My phone gets plenty of love. But when I am at home, it's on the charger. When I am going somewhere, it's on the charger. And it's not like the Pixi has poor battery life, anyway. At least not for a smartphone, it doesn't. If you're coming from an experience of standard phones, it probably seems poorer than what you're used to, but having used smartphones for so long, I am used to having to charge my phone at least every night. If I didn't charge my Q at night, it would almost certainly be dead in the morning, so I've already been conditioned to make sure my phone is on the charger when I go to bed. My Pixi seems like it would probably last about two days if I didn't charge it at all.
    Touchscreens are a fad.
    What I have always thought, if I get a Veer, is that I would just leave the adapter on the headphones. This way I can wrap them around it and when I want to connect them, all I do is let the magnet do its job. Wouldn't be in my way at all. I would only be worried if my earphones were a billion dollars, in which case I would have a case for them anyway and keep it in there.
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
    I find this thread quite amusing.

Personally i prefer no wires, so i virtually never use the microusb. As for audio, i have partially converted my audio players/headphones to BT.

grndslm: have you tried a touchstone? I don't understand your resistance... The "i have to take a phone call and charge at the same time" argument doesn't hold water for me... do you really have that problem a lot? The touchstone is so easy, just put it on and wiggle to get a good connection. Phone rings grab it and walk wherever you want, no cord!

Do you often listen to music through headphones while charging? That seems like another corner case...

I'm not trying to make this personal, but IMO arguing against the Veer on the grounds of not being able to charge and listen to music with cords at the same time seems silly... That phone is meant to be small and sleek. gobbing it up with cables seems like the antithesis of this.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast