Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by grndslm View Post
    I will never convert to BT headphones. There is absolutely ZERO benefit where my several headphones, speakers are doing the job just fine.

Yes, I HAVE a touchstone. EVERY time that I try it, it's as the phone is dying and I get a call... this is why I've simply stopped using it, because I simply have to pull the usb cord out and plug it straight into the phone, so that it won't restart!!
    Seems to me that those who don't like the Veer for whatever reason are going to fabricate an obscure use case to prove their points.

If your phone is dying when you get home and you get a call, you can always detach the magnetic headphone jack and attach the magnetic usb jack...BOOM!....you can take the call and still charge without a bluetooth headset...or are you simultaneously wanting to charge, take calls, AND listen to your wired stereo headphones? If this is your situation, then you should seriously consider a stereo bluetooth headset..one that allows you to plug in your own headphones like a Sony Ericsson MW600 or a Jabra Clipper. Just drop the Veer on the touchstone and be free to do whatever. Better yet...forward all your calls to your TouchPad!

Either way, the Veer is probably not for you.
    or put it on a touchstone?
    I say people should just get the phone they like and quit bashing phones they feel don't suit their needs. I can only speak for myself but I surmise most people posting here have never laid hands on a Veer nor spent any exclusive time using it, but have no problems speaking negatively about it.

So you guys might as well post why you prefer a horse over a Unicorn.
    Last edited by NachoB; 04/20/2011 at 03:04 PM.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    I would have been VERY tempted to get a Veer but I am terrible at keeping track of small bits and pieces of things and would totally lose any adapters it came with, especially if they are magnetic... Looks like I will have to save me from myself and hold out for the Pre 3 instead, oh well.
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by grndslm View Post
    You're not whining, are you bbycrts??

You bring an excellent point, tho... "Why announce your devices more than 4 months in advance? ... so that the 'enthusiast' websites can make you feel even more "mentally challenged" than you already are?"

That's REALLY not our fault...
    Whining? Uhoh. Don't tell my wife. I get in trouble when I whine

Jon
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JustMatt View Post
    I would have been VERY tempted to get a Veer but I am terrible at keeping track of small bits and pieces of things and would totally lose any adapters it came with, especially if they are magnetic... Looks like I will have to save me from myself and hold out for the Pre 3 instead, oh well.
    Actually, if they ever do make a CDMA Veer and I get one (because I do want it!) I don't plan to remove the adapters from the ends of their cords. I have a couple of touchstones (one at home and one at work) so power really won't be my worry, but if I ever use headphones I'll probably have a dedicated pair and just leave them permanently plugged into the Veer adapter.
    Quote Originally Posted by bbycrts View Post
    The thing that everybody here has missed is that PreCentral is a fan site - it's if frequented by people who care about the details of the product and who are probably power users of the product.

The average user - especially the Veer's target audience - aren't going to spend their time browsing a smart phone fan site debating the pros and cons of magnetic cord attachments vs. touchstones vs. usb cables.

The average target user of the Veer is going to look at it and go "*squee!* It's SOOO cute! Mooooom! Daaaaaad! I want the cute one!"

We need to get over ourselves - we are an important source of feedback for HP. We are NOT their core customer base.
    This is very true. Very few people go to brand specific sites to talk about phones!
    Global Posts
    204 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    I say people should just get the phone they like and quit bashing phones they feel don't suit their needs. I can only speak for myself but I surmise most people posting here have never laid hands on a Veer nor spent any exclusive time using it, but have no problems speaking negatively about it.

So you guys might as well post why you prefer a horse over a Unicorn.
    The mistake is HP's alienation of a certain customer base. The've introduced upgrades for Pre phones two times over. The Veer is the only other device besides the Pre with WebOS 2.x support and is no replacement for a Pixi, though they must believe it is.

This is why you have so many Pixi users speaking negatively of it because it is a regression if HP expects us to move to this platform. If you like or love the Veer, great for you. I have no problems speaking negatively of the regressions that HP failed to realize.
    libray,

You missed the meat of the post though, which is have you ever used the Veer to back up any negative preconceived notions, or are your thoughts just that, preconceived notions with no experience to back them up?

Someone who prefers the smaller size of the Pixi, and doesn't mind a slider phone, will love the Veer. I for one, who actually prefers a larger screen, would have no problem using the Veer as my every day device.
    ^^ agreed. I can never understand when people talk about supposed "regressions" by HP when they haven't even held (much less seen) one of the new devices personally. I've had the chance to use and play with the Veer at the ThinkBeyond event and would have no issue moving from my Pre2 to the Veer as my main phone.
    Global Posts
    204 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    libray,

You missed the meat of the post though, which is have you ever used the Veer to back up any negative preconceived notions, or are your thoughts just that, preconceived notions with no experience to back them up?

Someone who prefers the smaller size of the Pixi, and doesn't mind a slider phone, will love the Veer. I for one, who actually prefers a larger screen, would have no problem using the Veer as my every day device.
    When I let go of my Treo 755P for the Pixi, I tried the Pre first and definitely liked the Pixi better because it was a _non-slider_ with everything I needed. Again, since there is no upgrade path for the Pixi, and the Pixi cannot do WebOS 2.x, I am asserting just as this thread and others have, that the Veer is not for users such as myself and we have no option, but we do have the right to voice our opinions and frustrations with HP.

I have a couple of questions for you.

Do you think the Pre2 and Pre3 lines are upgrades for the Pre and Pre+ lines? Of course they are, they take on the same name right?

Do you think the Veer is an upgrade for the Pixi line? Hard to know, but some suggested HP didn't want to use the same name of their worst seller. It could also be asserted that there simply is no upgrade path for the Pixi.

Until HP announces a vaporware product for the Pixi the same it has for Touchpad, Pre3 and Veer, the only assumption that can be made is that HP believes the Veer line can take over where the Pixi left off. But since the Veer has the upgraded bits exactly where the Pixi needed them in memory and processor, I'm doubtful.

If the Veer had standard connections such as those on the Pixi and the majority of smartphones Today, then no one could claim there are regressions, could they?

Imagine if you were a Pre user and no Pre 3 were announced but instead an WebOS slab phone with no physical keyboard, no built-in headphone jack or microUSB. You might feel alienated. Moving from the Pre 2 to a Veer not a big deal if you dig sliders. It's moving from larger slider to smaller slider, which is similar to my moving from Treo 755P to Pixi.
    Last edited by libray; 04/22/2011 at 10:57 AM.
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    This phone is such a gimmick.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123