1.    #1  
    Wasn't it announced that the Veer is coming this April. just around the corner, no carrier info yet. Wonder if this will slip or did I miss something and April is not the time frame. I know this could mean April 30th, which gives HP about 2 more months.
    They haven't announced an exact time, but state "Planned availability this spring."

You can go to the website and click the "Notify Me" button to get notified of the release when it happens: HP Veer | webOS Smartphone
  3. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    No decent rumours on carriers or price yet?
    First carrier will be "WiFi". Unfortunately, that's not a voice carrier. But that's why they need to get the Pre3/Veer launched/announced. Then the touchpad can piggyback off the phone radio.

Personally I only want wifi so I'm fine with that, but palm has GOT to get a carrier to launch a phone+touchpad in Q2.

It's like grad school research. The longer you postpone your report, the better is has to be... Or the delay counts against you double.
    Quote Originally Posted by CGK View Post
    Wait, let me ask my sprint rep
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    All the announcement said was "early spring"...
    so, in other words, "in the coming months"...
    I think they didn't announce any hard prices or dates because they didn't know what their biggest competitor was going to dish out. This time they want to get everything right including the way they role stuff out. It wouldn't be good if they release a each device separately because it would get lost. They need to get everything golden and launch them all at the relatively same time with the most competitive pricing they can get. If that means wait another month, I'm ok with it. As long as they get things right this time because are setup for greatness and if they mess up this time they'll have a hard time recovering.
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
    Quote Originally Posted by CGK View Post
    It's GSM only, so Verizon and Sprint will not be carrying it. Out of the 4 major carriers, that leaves AT&T and T-Mo. The safer bet is AT&T.
    Touchscreens are a fad.
    they can put cdma radio's in the veer. I'm sure it would be easy to do .
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Hey well sprint might be buying t-mobile here soon. So maybe we won't need it to have a cdma radio after all...

Man there are sooo many rumors this year :/. It'll be interesting how things play out come summer time.
  11.    #11  
    if it comes to ATT only, then fail again. My guess is it will show up on the big three in the US
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    they can put cdma radio's in the veer. I'm sure it would be easy to do .
    Would still have to go through the FCC testing and approval process, so that would be a long way off. Currently the Veer is in the FCC database in dual- and quad-band GSM configurations. No CDMA. I think it's safe to say that the Veer will be exclusively on AT&T at launch time, and that no other US versions are currently planned. My reasoning is that, if a CDMA version was planned, there's no reason HPalm wouldn't yet have it submitted to the FCC for testing.
    Touchscreens are a fad.
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Syndil View Post
    Would still have to go through the FCC testing and approval process, so that would be a long way off. Currently the Veer is in the FCC database in dual- and quad-band GSM configurations. No CDMA. I think it's safe to say that the Veer will be exclusively on AT&T at launch time, and that no other US versions are currently planned. My reasoning is that, if a CDMA version was planned, there's no reason HPalm wouldn't yet have it submitted to the FCC for testing.
    well, they lost one buyer here. just switched to Verizon as ATT coverage around my town is crap. More bars my a@@
    Quote Originally Posted by Syndil View Post
    FCC is finally respecting device manufacturers and they are not leaking info until the manufacturer announces. This could be submitted and approved and we would not know about it until announced. Case in point the Veer was not leaked by FCC prior to the announcement by HP. (EDIT - I think actually it may have been but only by a day or so.)
    The reason the Veer did not show up in the FCC database until after the announcement was made was because HP did not submit anything to the FCC until after the announcement was made. The Veer was announced on the 9th, and the FCC filing was made on the 11th.

The first thing that was submitted was of course a letter requesting confidentiality regarding the physical layout and diagrams of the device. But, the point is, you could still see that confidentiality letter from day one. Other than the other Veer, there have been no more submissions from HPalm since then, confidentiality requests or otherwise.

Obviously everyone is hopeful that it goes to more carriers than AT&T. I personally rank AT&T as the absolute worst carrier, so I would too. But, given the current information available, there don't appear to be any more Veers in the works. That may change in the future, of course, but there's no guessing how long that might take. How long was it before Verizon or AT&T got a Pre after Sprint? On launch day, the safe bet is that the Veer will be AT&T only.
    Touchscreens are a fad.
    [your grain o salt warning]
    May - AT&T Period. I have my sources :-p I wouldn't hold your breath about April (for phones) anything.
    [/your grain o salt warning]
    Can't wait.