1.    #1  
    Honestly I think the Veer is going to be a great phone, small, tiny, fast all the while running full webos 2.x

HOWEVER, HPs made one huge error, no tap to share. The veer is the kind of phone I would want if I had a 7inch or maybe even the full size 10 inch tablet. If I have a tablet I'm not going to need to lug around a 3.6 inch smart phone as well. I'm going to want a phone that I can just pull out when I need it, just keep it in my pocket for phone calls/sms and the odd activity

I will not be getting the veer, I will be getting the Pre3, not just for this reason I do want a phone that is a work horse but in theory this would be the use case scenario/marketing angle for the veer. Who needs 2 large devices when you can have one super small and one large that work seamlessly together. Am I wrong.

I also want to point out that I am aware that tap to share isnt that big a deal right now, compared to the Bluetooth sharing of phone calls and sms but in the future it could be I think, especially once the api is released to devs.
    touch-to-share info from HPs site:

8. Requires TouchPad with webOS 3.0 and Pre3 or Veer with webOS 2.2 or higher, both products having same HP webOS account. Viewing URL web page content requires data connection via Wi-Fi or cellular connection.

i don't know if this was just a mistake, but thats what it says. I too think that a veer w/o touch-to-share capabilities is a mistake. the two devices would be a perfect companionship.

But at the end of the day, the information is just sent through bluetooth. So theoretically, they could still implement a TTS-like feature into the Veer if they REALLY wanted.
    > ... both products having same HP webOS account.

That's something I expect will be changing when the HB-guys get their hands on the OS and devices.

I'm looking forward to see what comes from this limited feature.
    Quote Originally Posted by autodidact View Post
    > ... both products having same HP webOS account.

That's something I expect will be changing when the HB-guys get their hands on the OS and devices.

I'm looking forward to see what comes from this limited feature.
    well apparently more than just the homebrew guys will be in on the action. They plan to release the APIs to developers in general. My hope is that the profile limitation is only implace to protect private data. But if someone creates an app that only accesses the data I pre-allow, I should be able to TTS w/ anyone who has that same app.
    Yeah, I recall sharing files with a friend trough IR back in the PalmOS days. It was really useful to have our devices "talk" together!
    Global Posts
    834 Global Posts
    Heck I think it would be cool if there were a touchstone interface built into the surface of the touchpad so you could stick your veer on it.
    This was actually covered (pretty extensively) in another thread - http://forums.precentral.net/hp-veer...uch-share.html
    I won't repeat all of the back and forth, but will post this (which is from an HP/Palm employee)
    Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post
    The Veer and Pre 3 will support Touch to Share.
  8.    #8  
    I was under the impression that the veer would not have taptoshare, I remember many many people commenting on that fact, so if I'm wrong then all the better
    the OP is about why it was a mistake for HP to not include TTS in the veer. And a Palm employee weighed in to say the premise is invalid because the Veer will support TTS.

Random comments like "there are better technologies" or a bunny trail to discuss NFC/TTDS/etc already have threads on the topic, so i've deleted them here.
    Last edited by Cantaffordit; 03/05/2011 at 06:31 PM. Reason: typo
    As pointed out in Post #7, this topic has been covered fully in that link posted. If you wish to add to the conversation, please continue it in that thread.