1.    #1  
    Veer- 1. To alter the direction of; turn.

I'm sure many others have thought of this before or even discussed it, it just kinda slapped me in the face. lol.

Veer could possibly mean to alter the direction of the smartphone, all others seem to be growing in size and this one "veered" and altered direction. :P

Sorry if this is obvious for some... haha
    All I know is with the nickname Ver, all these posts make me take a second glance!

Beamed down to the earthlings from my eVo
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Global Posts
    401 Global Posts
    I'm just glad they didn't name it "Fairy"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kujila View Post
    I'm just glad they didn't name it "Fairy"
    Good point!

Beamed down to the earthlings from my eVo
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
  5. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    For some reason it makes me think of that stuff ladies can get to shave their legs.
    Sadly my first thought when i heard the name Veer was to veer into someone else's lane as in right before a car wreck!
  7.    #7  
    lol
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    All I know is with the nickname Ver, all these posts make me take a second glance!
    Maybe in a year we'll look back at how the Veer won the day.
    Quote Originally Posted by GodShapedHole View Post
    Maybe in a year we'll look back at how the Veer won the day.
    Doubtful
    Quote Originally Posted by blackfireball5 View Post
    Veer- 1. To alter the direction of; turn.

I'm sure many others have thought of this before or even discussed it, it just kinda slapped me in the face. lol.

Veer could possibly mean to alter the direction of the smartphone, all others seem to be growing in size and this one "veered" and altered direction. :P

Sorry if this is obvious for some... haha
    Yeah...I thought of that too, though my conclusion was ultimately wrong. I figured the "Myte" was the tiny phone and the Veer was going to be the "big gun".
    I had a friend named Veer.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Are you trying to hurt me?
    I just think of it as Beer!
    Long Time Palm and Sprint User!

IIIxe, Tungsten T3, Samsung SPH-i500, Treo 700p, 755p, Centro, Palm Pre, Palm Pre+, 2.2.4 Franken Pre2 and a Touchpad!
    Well, in spanish, "webos" is a mispronunciation of "eggs", which in Spanish also means "balls", and there is a "Pixi"...

... I don't know what to think about this.
    Newness Developments apps:

Quote Originally Posted by deCorvett View Post
    Well, in spanish, "webos" is a mispronunciation of "eggs", which in Spanish also means "balls"
    I keep seeing this in these forums and while I get the joke, I never hear anyone actually say "huevos" when pronouncing webOS in spanish. I've heard "web O S", "web o ese", and (mostly incorrect) "el sistema de operación de la red". But I never hear anyone say "huevos".
    Quote Originally Posted by taharka View Post
    I keep seeing this in these forums and while I get the joke, I never hear anyone actually say "huevos" when pronouncing webOS in spanish. I've heard "web O S", "web o ese", and (mostly incorrect) "el sistema de operación de la red". But I never hear anyone say "huevos".
    Probably because of that meaning...I could post dozens of links about this matter on spanish tech news blogs. Just looking at the new's comments, you can find several samples.

It depends on where is the speaker from... Probably latin-america people tends to say it properly, while here in spain tends to say it like it was a spanish word (usually happens this way).

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Newness Developments apps: