1.    #1  
    if i understand correctly, the screen size of an app written in enyo will resize automatically to fit the screen size of the device its running on. if that is the case, will all apps written in enyo also be available for the veer and not just for the pre3?

a big issue with the current pixi is that it's not compatible with all the apps in the catalog.
    Global Posts
    160 Global Posts
    i know that the touchpad is going to be enyo based. what about the veer and the p3? and which version of webos is going to have? 2.2? 2.1?
    you've stated what we know. Theoretically, yes, enyo apps should auto adjust to run on the webos in Veer, Pre3, TP...

I imagine some could code something that could require more real estate than Veer can provide, but we don't know right now. Heck, HP could very well still be working this all out.
    That is HP's ultimate goal, to have the whole thing overhauled in enyo.

I don't see why the veer would be any different than the Pre 3
    The whole point of Enyo is to enable an overarching UI across different screen sizes, i.e. showing one scene of an app on a phone (e.g. the list of available mail accounts) and allowing a bigger screen to show any desired scenes, or even all available scenes, of the app at the same time (e.g. list of mail accounts, list of contents of one account, contents of one mail).

So I'd say yes.
    The resizing may hamper with the design/positing of the widgets of the app. Either way, a good idea to actually get the touchpad, Pre3, Veer to testem there. No emulator can do better than the real thing IMO.
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
    Hopefully HP can get some of the iOS developers to develop for webOS as well.
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    all enyo apps will run not just on touchpad, veer, and pre3, but also on pc. by the end of the year all HP computers will begin shipping with a "webos app" pre installed. All enyo apps run in a web browser such as chrome or safari (that have webkit 5.0 built in). so basically you will log into to your profile and have all the your apps right there. If they make this work right webos has the potential to really be ubiquitous.
    Want to help design and write an app?
    follow me at Twiiter @ijip
    THANKS~!!
    Global Posts
    782 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ijip View Post
    all enyo apps will run not just on touchpad, veer, and pre3, but also on pc. by the end of the year all HP computers will begin shipping with a "webos app" pre installed. All enyo apps run in a web browser such as chrome or safari (that have webkit 5.0 built in). so basically you will log into to your profile and have all the your apps right there. If they make this work right webos has the potential to really be ubiquitous.
    If anyone is as dumb as I am, ubiquitous is defined by dictionary.com as

u·biq·ui·tous   
    [yoo-bik-wi-tuhs]
    –adjective
    "existing or being everywhere, especially at the same time; omnipresent"

Being everywhere--I like that!
    Quote Originally Posted by UntidyGuy View Post
    If I design a UI for the Touchpad with eight buttons lined up along the bottom of the screen, how is Enyo going to automatically resize everything for the Veer without making the buttons too small to be usable? I think the best that the SDK can do is allow the developer to create different versions of each user interface if he or she chooses to. It certainly can't redesign a UI automatically. That's a fantasy.
    In programming world, you can always show/hide elements based on certain criteria, if necessary. That's what allows developers to show optimized versions of a single visible area for different sizes.
    Newness Developments apps:

Simple answer:
    - At launch, no because they will run 2.1
    - Later once they get the Enyo update to 3.0, yes.

You won't have to worry about it taking a year for Enyo to get to them because the whole idea of enyo is based around them having it.
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
    It's been publicly said that Enyo will be only available on the tablet at launch, which is due in June, and that Enyo will make its way to smartphones later on in the year. That seems to indicate neither the Veer nor Pre3 will have Enyo at launch.
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Do you guys with much more knowledge than I do know if updates/features will have anything to do with the Qualcomm chip? I ask because I know the Pre 2 has a faster processor than the Veer adn I wonder if that means it will be capable of anything the Veer is. I know on HP's website it does not list the Pre 2 as having TTS or Text/phone---->TP capabilities, but I wonder if it will still get 3.0
    Quote Originally Posted by pavvento View Post
    Do you guys with much more knowledge than I do know if updates/features will have anything to do with the Qualcomm chip? I ask because I know the Pre 2 has a faster processor than the Veer adn I wonder if that means it will be capable of anything the Veer is. I know on HP's website it does not list the Pre 2 as having TTS or Text/phone---->TP capabilities, but I wonder if it will still get 3.0
    Interesting question. Right now, there is nothing but guessing if the Pre 2 will get Enyo. I don't think that the Qualcomm chipset on the TouchPad will be a big enough problem the be a cause for not porting it to the Pre 2, they may just want to focus on the future of WebOS rather than using resources on the Pre 2. The only thing that you can do now is tune into the Engadget Show (link below) on Friday next week (25th of March) to hear Ruby talk up a storm and hope that he lets loose a few droplets of information on the Pre 2 and Enyo.

LINK: The Engadget Show with HP's Jon Rubinstein, next Friday March 25th! -- Engadget
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    the qualcomm chipset maybe a requirement for the netflix app when it comes out. I rememeber reading somewhere about the qualcomm having some built in security stuff that netflix wants/needs...
    Want to help design and write an app?
    follow me at Twiiter @ijip
    THANKS~!!