1.    #1  
    I love my Pixi+, but it has a few disadvantages: slow processing power, small RAM, and poor build quality and poor software stability.

From what I can see, the Veer has more RAM and a faster and better processor. What about the build quality. Is it the same as the Pre 3 (for those that happened to play with both of them?)? Has it (oleophbic) gorilla glas?

Is WebOS 2.x significantly more robust then 1.4x?

If the Veer has improved over the Pixi in all those parts, I'll happily replace my Pixi.

As it is not that far away from the Pixi+ looking at the specs, they could perhaps even produce it quite cheaply …
    From the videos, the build quality looks top-notch, and that's what I've heard from a couple of people. The same about gorilla glass: a rep said it's gorilla glass in a video from PreCentral, as well as some commentary from webOS Roundup.

I'm pretty sure 2.x is more stable than 1.4x, but it also depends on the hardware, because the latter doesn't hang as much on the Pre Plus than on the Pixi. From the videos, again, the Veer seems to fly through everything shown, and seems even faster than the Pre 2. Also, although you can overclock the Pixi to 800MHz, it's in no way as fast as the Veer. Trust me, mine is overclocked, and it doesn't seem half as fast as the Veer.

I'm planning on replacing my Pixi with a Veer, and I'm positive it'll be a cheap alternative to the Pre 3, like the Pixi is to the Pre.
    Wish I could swap batteries but the Ever is a cute little phone, powerful too
    Quote Originally Posted by hamandel View Post
    I love my Pixi+, but it has a few disadvantages: slow processing power, small RAM, and poor build quality and poor software stability.

From what I can see, the Veer has more RAM and a faster and better processor. What about the build quality. Is it the same as the Pre 3 (for those that happened to play with both of them?)? Has it (oleophbic) gorilla glas?

Is WebOS 2.x significantly more robust then 1.4x?

If the Veer has improved over the Pixi in all those parts, I'll happily replace my Pixi.

As it is not that far away from the Pixi+ looking at the specs, they could perhaps even produce it quite cheaply
    Pixi poor build quality?
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by chilin View Post
    Pixi poor build quality?
    Yes, for example the screen feels (and is) like plastic. It doesn't feel very solid and the back cover doesn't fit tight enough.
    i currently own an eu gsm pre.

is it correct that the pixis and the veer have very same screen res? if yes all pixi users will confirm that all apps work glitchless on reduced size.

i read the veer has only 18 bit color depth. is that also on pixis?? concerning this i fear it may reduce visibly the quality of images/browsing/etc.

i also do not fully got if the veers keyboard is backlit or not. if not i am sad to admit its a no go for me...

apart from that toughts the veer is a must have for me.

enlight me
    deleted due double post
    Last edited by gnark; 02/14/2011 at 04:48 AM. Reason: deleted due double post
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by gnark View Post
    is it correct that the pixis and the veer have very same screen res? if yes all pixi users will confirm that all apps work glitchless on reduced size.
    Some Apps are not available for the Pixi. As far as I'm concerned, all apps that I wanted to use, did work like charm. But I have never used a pre, so I can't compare.

Quote Originally Posted by gnark View Post
    i also do not fully got if the veers keyboard is backlit or not. if not i am sad to admit its a no go for me...
    Oh, the Pixi's keyboard is backlit. I really hope it also is, because the thing would be unusable in the dark without a backlit keyboard.
    Small enough to disappear in my palm...me like :-)