1.    #1  
    Just a thought: If HP at the right price target market the very cute Veer to younger users like school teens (small fingers help) and in different colours like pink, yellow, and white, then perhaps those young folk would consider it COOL to own something different instead of the iPhone. Obviously apps that really appeal to their interest would be important.
    I think that Idea mainly targets girls.

My son has checked the info on the Veer and isn't the least bit interested, plus his hands aren't anywhere near being small.

I'm betting preteen and very early teen would be the best market for your idea.

Sent from my eVo
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
  3. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    I'm not following the logic of teens wanting a tiny phone? I'm sure some kids will but it doesn't like the two go together as easy as some are suggesting.

I went to watch a film and in front of me, there were a lot of kids, while we were wanting for the film to start, a lot of the boys had 4" slabs out playing games, the girls all seemed to be on BB Curves and Bolds using BBM (Here in the UK, BBM is the killer app for teens). I'm going to go on a limb here and say a lot of (male) kids are going to want a SE Xperia.

Of course, this all comes down to pricing - once we know what the price of the Veer is, then the target audience is going to be a lot clearer.

Having said that - oddly, I think some bright colours will help sales, the curve comes in multiple colours for that reason.
    Kids or teenagers?
    Global Posts
    782 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CGK View Post
    I'm not following the logic of teens wanting a tiny phone? I'm sure some kids will but it doesn't like the two go together as easy as some are suggesting.
    My 13 year old niece--7th grader--wants one badly. I told her if it comes to Sprint, I would get it for her. Sadly, so far, it doesn't look like it will be on Sprint unless they have more than 1 version. Anyway, my niece thought it was very cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    I think that Idea mainly targets girls.

My son has checked the info on the Veer and isn't the least bit interested, plus his hands aren't anywhere near being small.

I'm betting preteen and very early teen would be the best market for your idea.

Sent from my eVo
    actually for business, the Veer and a TouchPad is a perfect combo for me. HP is an enterprise company first and that's where most profits come from. Posiiton a combo of the Veer & TouchPad will be a success. And yes, I would image more female professionals would take the Veer over the Pre3 - but don't count out all business professionals.

My only concern with the Veer right now is it not coming out with WebOS 3.0 on it and the track record of updates with the Pre's and Pixi's is awful. I would hate to get a Veer and then not have it ever on the same OS version as the TouchPad.
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hot Palm View Post
    in different colours like pink, yellow, and white, then perhaps those young folk would consider it COOL to own something different instead of the iPhone
    The iPhone comes in one colour and is popular among teens.

Whereas phones that come in multiple colours, eg, the N8, are not popular among teens. So somehow I don't think enticing them with different colours would help at all.
    Global Posts
    401 Global Posts
    Heck yeah, colors! It can be like my old Gameboy; RED!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    IM not a pre-teen. but still i think the veer looks cool. i plan on getting an unlocked dev version.

i think having them in different colors would make it look cheap.

NOT "HP webOS"!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by glass View Post
    The iPhone comes in one colour and is popular among teens.

Whereas phones that come in multiple colours, eg, the N8, are not popular among teens. So somehow I don't think enticing them with different colours would help at all.
    2 colors acutally white and black.
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    I like the idea of different colors. Although the colors have to be done correctly or it'll make the phone look cheap and ugly. But then again aren't there aftermarket accessories that'll give the phone some color that work just as well.
    Das Cheap - Search & Find - Palm Pre - Page 1 of 6
    Skinit.com: Phone Skins, Laptop Skins, iPod Skins, Gaming Skins: Personalization on Demand
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 74sickness View Post
    2 colors acutally white and black.
    iPhone 4 only comes in black.
    the veer's keyboard and screen size appear to be the same size as that of the palm centro. a lot of adults used the centro. why is a small phone considered a kids phone? contact lenses are cute and small and plenty of adults use them.