Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    So After Decided I Wouldn't But Any Feb.9th devices...... I Realized i REALLY WANT A VEER.

i've had an ATT Pixi+ for about 8 months, running überKernel (@806mhz) and i'm incredibly happy with it, for me, its sorta like carrying around a Polaroid camera, people are incredibly interested in it, yet, would never want to but one of their own.

sorry, that was random, anyways, i was looking @ the Veer on engadget and it looks sorta incredible, if its GSM (i'm strongly anti-CDMA i dont see whom wouldn't want one, abeit i am a teenager & most adults will probubly want a less "cute," phone, the Veer (besides the suckish name) looks awsome?

Any other Pixi users agree?
    [insert witty signature about how battery pulls solve everything..]

Twitter
    Yes, that's exactly how I feel, and I have left the twenties far behind already. ;-)
    Quote Originally Posted by ttabb View Post
    Veer (besides the suckish name)
    Well, Palm came up with Pixi so HP figured they could suck harder...
    It's a very good phone for younger people. My nephew is 12 and he loves my Pre-, so I talked to my sister and we're going to make the Veer his first phone. I showed him the videos and he says he likes that it's a mini-Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by ttabb View Post
    So After Decided I Wouldn't But Any Feb.9th devices...... I Realized i REALLY WANT A VEER.

i've had an ATT Pixi+ for about 8 months, running überKernel (@806mhz) and i'm incredibly happy with it, for me, its sorta like carrying around a Polaroid camera, people are incredibly interested in it, yet, would never want to but one of their own.

sorry, that was random, anyways, i was looking @ the Veer on engadget and it looks sorta incredible, if its GSM (i'm strongly anti-CDMA i dont see whom wouldn't want one, abeit i am a teenager & most adults will probubly want a less "cute," phone, the Veer (besides the suckish name) looks awsome?

Any other Pixi users agree?
    It's gsm only, so you're in luck. I agree with you though, it does look pretty awesome, especially for it's size. To put it in perspective, the Evo Shift is also clocked at 800mhz.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    PSN: StuntmanMark
    Twitter: @StuntmanMark

The Name: http://is.gd/nxnbhK
    its the best looking webos phone to date. sometimes that's all that really matters.

how many people didn't buy a minivan, but instead bought the better looking sedan because they wouldn't be caught dead in a minivan? how something looks matters to a lot of people.
    Possibly the best thing about it is that it is set to be available this spring. If they are cheap enough, I would buy one off contract and get a pay-as-you-go SIM card for it.
    well i am a pixi user and will never buy such a "thing"

It is small, ok, but it has no microusb port, which is the first no-go.
    Is has a build in battery, which is the second no-go.

Is is a slider. With the pixi i could read and answere mails with one hand, but with a small slider like the veer it would be a risky mission. It was hard to hold a pixi thight and wirte, with the veer it is more likly to wirte with both hands. Sorry but i work onehanded.

Is has the pixi screen resolution. The Veer has enough room at the top to be able to hold a pre screen. They just used a pixi screen, because they had enough spare ones. THis also means you are/will be restricted again in the app catalog. Less apps, more likly to be dropped soon. When they once dropp the veer you would have purchased apps which you cant use.

The shoud have made a pixi2. i would have boughed it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DirkGently View Post
    Is is a slider. With the pixi i could read and answere mails with one hand, but with a small slider like the veer it would be a risky mission. It was hard to hold a pixi thight and wirte, with the veer it is more likly to wirte with both hands. Sorry but i work onehanded.
    I can open, type, and close the Pre all with one hand without difficulty. The only issue is balance, because the Pre is a little top-heavy when open. But it can be done. The balance issue should be improved on the Veer since it's a smaller screen.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    Quote Originally Posted by jbg7474 View Post
    I can open, type, and close the Pre all with one hand without difficulty. The only issue is balance, because the Pre is a little top-heavy when open. But it can be done. The balance issue should be improved on the Veer since it's a smaller screen.
    ive heard that the pre3 is very well balanced compared to the pre- and pre+
    ĦṔ-ḶøØṫ-ŦḯØη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Both of the new phones felt more "balanced" for one-handed use. The Veer was especially easy to use in one hand. What really amazed me is that it was very usable for two-handed use. Typing with both thumbs wasn't cramped and I found it easier than my Pre+.

I didn't see the Veer as "cute" and I hope Palm resists the idea of positioning it as a "teen" phone, or a phone for "busy moms" etc. It is a full-blown smartphone, and it really looks serious. Much more so than the shiny plastic Pre IMHO. SO as long as the screen size isn't an issue, it's a business tool more than it's a fashion accessory.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    I didn't see the Veer as "cute" and I hope Palm resists the idea of positioning it as a "teen" phone, or a phone for "busy moms" etc. It is a full-blown smartphone, and it really looks serious. Much more so than the shiny plastic Pre IMHO. SO as long as the screen size isn't an issue, it's a business tool more than it's a fashion accessory.
    That, right there, is the makings of a perfect slogan for a Veer campaign: "it's not a fashion accessory, it's a business tool." I would love that. Show a real man doing real things using the Veer as a business tool to get it all done. Not some stupid trendy people hanging out at a party. If HP could pull that off (and I'm not convinced they can based on recent displays of their marketing prowess or lack thereof), it would be AWESOME!
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    they def. need an ad marketing company that knows what they are doing !!
    ĦṔ-ḶøØṫ-ŦḯØη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  14.    #14  
    To Start, they should have TV ads that actually air more than like once....
    [insert witty signature about how battery pulls solve everything..]

Twitter
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    well pre 2 is going for 100 bux now, veer is suposed to be less of a phone so maybe 75? 100 tops...
  16. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    That, right there, is the makings of a perfect slogan for a Veer campaign: "it's not a fashion accessory, it's a business tool." I would love that. Show a real man doing real things using the Veer as a business tool to get it all done. Not some stupid trendy people hanging out at a party. If HP could pull that off (and I'm not convinced they can based on recent displays of their marketing prowess or lack thereof), it would be AWESOME!

A 'real man'? Surely such a creature would feel performance anxiety at the size of his equipment.

I don't think it's clear who this is for at this point - you could say "people who want a small phone" but that's not a clear demographic to market at. You could say business people and I might buy that depending on the advertising. The one idea I don't buy is "for teens", as I can't see why teens would be any more or any less likely to want a dinky phone.
    This device is ideal for me
    I'm 16 and have always wanted a smartphone and have a great Pay and Go plan on O2: O2 | Simplicity on Pay & Go | You can get unlimited texts for just £5 a month, on top of your monthly credit – so your money simply goes further. It gives me 500mb of internet and unlimited texts and Wi-Fi for only £10 a month, which is very good value. I've always admired how intuitive webOS is, and how I could see myself owning a webOS phone some time in the future.

This Veer, if they price it right, will be a great first smartphone for people like me, and with the Qwerty keyboard it could tempt teenagers away from BlackBerry which is unfortunately very popular for teens at the moment, despite their crappiness.

BlackBerry is winning this segment of the market here because they have created a kind of buzz with BBM and made it almost prestigious to own one, made effective marketing and hence adoption rates are high, with cheap contracts available for them.

If HP can price this at sub-£200 and create some decent marketing (I've seen the Grammy advert *shudder*), then this could be a real hit, as long as the keyboard is as usable as it looks (!)
    Veer is a decent name. It doesn't scream feminine like Pixi did (They should have gone with the code name Eos) and is catchy. I hope they have a CDMA variant in the future.
    I’m a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    I see the OP has made it through the 5 stages of grief.
    Good for you! Hope the rest of us make it soon, too.
    They could even play both markets - showing this being used by a businessman in one set of targeted commercials and by a teen or tweentysomething for social networking and texts. The teen phone ad could conclude with "parents! they just don't get it... " and the "business ads could similarly conclude with "kids! They just don't get it". In both ads giant over exaggerated slabs could be shown awkwardly being used by people when they have their hands full etc.

It might work at that...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast