Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 36 of 36
  1. #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by DirkGently View Post
    It is small, ok, but it has no microusb port, which is the first no-go.
    Is has a build in battery, which is the second no-go.
    It has a microusb port just not one with a standard connector. You'll get the benefits but I see your concerns. The battery is a sticky issue - as many batteries as have gone south on the current crop of phones I see why this would be a problem for you. Maybe if there was a factory swap option for an inexpensive fee to get a refurbished veer with replacement battery when yours wore down?

    Quote Originally Posted by DirkGently View Post
    Is is a slider. With the pixi i could read and answere mails with one hand, but with a small slider like the veer it would be a risky mission. It was hard to hold a pixi thight and wirte, with the veer it is more likly to wirte with both hands. Sorry but i work onehanded.
    Like some others here I have been able to pull this off with my Pre - I think the bigger issue is that many people have gotten better performance out of the keyboard on the Pixi than the Pre - so some of the annoyance I have with typing on the Pre one handed may be more of a "keyboard sux" issue than form factor sucks. But I see where you are and I respect that.

    Quote Originally Posted by DirkGently View Post
    Is has the pixi screen resolution. The Veer has enough room at the top to be able to hold a pre screen. They just used a pixi screen, because they had enough spare ones. THis also means you are/will be restricted again in the app catalog. Less apps, more likly to be dropped soon. When they once dropp the veer you would have purchased apps which you cant use.
    My understanding is that the new Enyo framework makes the screen resolution issue less of an issue and keeps this fragmentation from being as much of a problem as it was in the Mojo framework. Not having any experience programming these I cannot say if this is rational.

    Quote Originally Posted by DirkGently View Post
    The shoud have made a pixi2. i would have boughed it.
    There are more phones (in theory) that may come. A Pixi2 with another name may come - would you prefer a slab the same size with a big screen and virtual keyboard or a flat phone with fixed keyboard? I suspect the market is bigger for a slab with virtual keyboard than for a fixed keyboard design myself.
  2. #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by TheVisibleShadow View Post
    I see the OP has made it through the 5 stages of grief.
    Good for you! Hope the rest of us make it soon, too.
    I can't remember what the five stages of grief are...and don't care to check on google. But I have gone through dissappointment/despair, fear for webos, anger, and somewhere along the line I have started having some hope again. (I am sure those are some of the stages

    I too use an unlocked ATT Pixi, though only because i wanted to try webOS and picked it up cheap in the US. I quite like it, though i'd probably rather have a bigger screen. However, I am considering the Veer now. Why?

    Because I am sitting on a Rogers upgrade and I don't know that I can wait for the pre 3. In fact I looked at Pre 2 today...it looks nice but the keyboard is not as clicky as the pixi's and i think that pushes me towards the Veer.
  3. #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by bradleyj View Post
    I can't remember what the five stages of grief are...and don't care to check on google. But I have gone through dissappointment/despair, fear for webos, anger, and somewhere along the line I have started having some hope again. (I am sure those are some of the stages

    I too use an unlocked ATT Pixi, though only because i wanted to try webOS and picked it up cheap in the US. I quite like it, though i'd probably rather have a bigger screen. However, I am considering the Veer now. Why?

    Because I am sitting on a Rogers upgrade and I don't know that I can wait for the pre 3. In fact I looked at Pre 2 today...it looks nice but the keyboard is not as clicky as the pixi's and i think that pushes me towards the Veer.
    Not to mention its blazing fast. Is there benchmarking software for WebOS yet? I wonder what will be better the veer or the Pre2. It aint always about the gigahertz.
  4. #24  
    I'm just responding to the original thread title/topic don't mind me....


    I WANT ONE!!!!!!!!! That phone is perfect, besides the chitzy little magnetic headphone adapter and charger. Even that is still up in air as to how well it works. It's still a VERY solid, very tidy and SMALL smartphone.

    Unfortunately I'm on sprint. But my one year upgrade is coming in Sept. so hopefully HP and Sprint will pull their heads out of each others ***** and make it work. My Pre- is dying and I can't live with a virtually slow phone like the Pixi I'm posting from for much longer.

    So to wrap it up...

    GIVE SPRINT THE VEER AND THE PRE3!!!!!! WE HAVE EARNED IT!

    We now go back to our generally off topic flame wars.......
  5. #25  
    The Veer looks great! I like the size: while most people want big 4.3" slab phones, I want something that can fit in my hand and my pockets perfectly and the Veer looks to do this great. I'll be buying one if they sell it unlocked or HP makes a fast international deployment and bring it fast to Mexico.
  6. #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by bryanbowles90 View Post
    I'm just responding to the original thread title/topic don't mind me....


    I WANT ONE!!!!!!!!! That phone is perfect, besides the chitzy little magnetic headphone adapter and charger. Even that is still up in air as to how well it works. It's still a VERY solid, very tidy and SMALL smartphone.

    Unfortunately I'm on sprint. But my one year upgrade is coming in Sept. so hopefully HP and Sprint will pull their heads out of each others ***** and make it work. My Pre- is dying and I can't live with a virtually slow phone like the Pixi I'm posting from for much longer.

    So to wrap it up...

    GIVE SPRINT THE VEER AND THE PRE3!!!!!! WE HAVE EARNED IT!

    We now go back to our generally off topic flame wars.......
    The Veer is gsm only, so no Sprint.

    Sent from my eVo
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
  7. #27  
    Thank you captin obvious.

    Read my post. I said make it work!


    I'm sure there's a way to switch radios and keep it the same size. Look at CDMA and GSM Pre models. They are basically identical.
  8. #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by bryanbowles90 View Post
    Thank you captin obvious.

    Read my post. I said make it work!


    I'm sure there's a way to switch radios and keep it the same size. Look at CDMA and GSM Pre models. They are basically identical.
    I might be offended by the rudeness of this, if you'd spelled captain correctly.


    Sent from my eVo
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
  9.    #29  
    i will be incredibly fantastically happy if the veer is on AT&T.
    [insert witty signature about how battery pulls solve everything..]

    Twitter
  10. #30  
    Quit trolling precentral with your ****ty Evo....
  11. #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by bryanbowles90 View Post
    Quit trolling precentral with your ****ty Evo....
    If you weren't just kidding around, you do know that she uses tapatalk and it adds your signature automatically.

    Sent from my EVO Shift 4G
  12. #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by bryanbowles90 View Post
    Quit trolling precentral with your ****ty Evo....
    Just to let you know Verwon is not to be messed with ever !! You got it !! If you continue to speak like that to anyone in these forums , you will be delt with accordingly . So keep your opinions about other peeps phones to your self and shut up . These forums are open to anyone that wants to be here even other platform users . It's a free country . And as long as they don't start trouble and start arguments they are perfectly welcome here !! GOT IT DUDE !! Besides that the Ver is awesome !! ....... Carry on

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  13. #33  
    how do i get my palm pre+ to say 'sent from my palm pre+"?
  14. #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by protofa View Post
    how do i get my palm pre+ to say 'sent from my palm pre+"?
    You'd need to download the Forums app. It lets you add a signature like that.

    Sent from my HTC HD2 using Tapatalk
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
  15.    #35  
    it seems this thread has "veered" away from the veer
    pun.
    [insert witty signature about how battery pulls solve everything..]

    Twitter
  16. #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by Titan078 View Post
    I wonder what will be better the veer or the Pre2. It aint always about the gigahertz.
    Keep in mind the Veer uses a newer 800Mhz Processor than the Pre2, I wouldn't be surprised to find out the Veer is the more powerful of the two.

    I really like the Veer, just wish it had more storage and was coming to Sprint.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions