Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree1Likes
    HP is preparing another event for March, maybe there they will announce another bunch of phones (Remember the rumors Palm ordered 5/6 different devices to be produced? We havePre 3, Veer and TouchPad, so there are still 2 or 3 more devices to be announced).
    Quote Originally Posted by alvaro_qc View Post
    HP is preparing another event for March, maybe there they will announce another bunch of phones (Remember the rumors Palm ordered 5/6 different devices to be produced? We havePre 3, Veer and TouchPad, so there are still 2 or 3 more devices to be announced).
    I'd love to see a Pixi "Pro". Something with the form factor of the Pixi, the same processor as the Veer and a 3.1 inch screen with 16 GB of storage.
    Who said they are done with the candybar? I think I read something about 2 phones each month or something like that. In my opinion the centro/treos are the real legacy and hopefully we can say long live the legacy.
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by miata View Post
    I was a little surprised. The Pixi is a nice phone and would really complement a tablet. Being able to pull out the phone and use it without a slider was a hige improvement for me when I upgraded from the Pre to the Pixi Plus. Maybe I'm not in the target demographic, but sliders make me think of adolescents who are continually pulling out their cheapp phones to text under the table.

The Pixi form factor is just perfect for webOS with Just Type, Synergy messaging, etc. Besides who wants a thick phone. When I heard about the new credit card sized webOS phone I was really excited -- and then I saw a picture of this thing that looks almost as thick as it is wide.
    It's funny, I think this is the same reason I've grown to dislike sliding phones in any orientation. Something seems so gimicky about it - Just have a real exposed keyboard on the front, or a virtual keyboard on a candybar form factor.

Also, I owned an original sprint Pre, and the feel of the sliding mechanism wasn't very re-assuring. Then again, I don't think I've ever seen a sliding phone that looks or feels durable...
    If Palm made Pixi with Pre's specs I would still use that phone. I bought Pre and I'm generally disappointed mostly with its build quality. I never used to Pre's form factor and at last I've dumped it. For months my Pre is in a drawer and I'm using cheap Android phone instead. I was disappointed with Pre's speed, so I never wanted to buy even slower Pixi.
    I'm confused how HP plans to sell Veer or Pre3 to enterprise customers when none of it has enterprise aura around them? Plain and classic Pixi's stile will always have customers.
    Last edited by chalx; 02/25/2011 at 05:38 PM.
    fixed exposed keys are far more durable than sliding keyboard, other wise all cell phones would've become flip phones. Less moving parts, the less likely to break down. I'll miss the Centro form, but I would buy the Veer if it was released on Sprint, but I guess I'm stuck with Pre3 whenever it shows up. I still prefer Palm keyboards to virtual or or horizontal sliders.
    Quote Originally Posted by SprintiPhone View Post
    fixed exposed keys are far more durable than sliding keyboard, other wise all cell phones would've become flip phones. Less moving parts, the less likely to break down. I'll miss the Centro form, but I would buy the Veer if it was released on Sprint, but I guess I'm stuck with Pre3 whenever it shows up. I still prefer Palm keyboards to virtual or or horizontal sliders.
    You seem to have forgotten slabs, which have no moving parts, at all.

Beamed down to the earthlings from my eVo
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Maybe they're not done with the Pixi form-factor.
    Global Posts
    401 Global Posts
    I would have bought the Pixi over the Pre if it wasn't crippled. (It has no WiFi on Sprint; It's slower; A lot of people don't develop stuff on the Pixi feeds as much; No flash support)

I like the form factor though

Veer should have been named PreJr
    Global Posts
    204 Global Posts
    Mid march is here and no announcement from HP about any new phones. They announced WebOS for the desktop which had already been leaked. There seems to have been no reason to get hopes up that they would announce the continuing form factor. Someone get a fork.
    Global Posts
    204 Global Posts
    The end of march is here, so the speculation in this thread about HP announcing other phone... Well I always doubted it would happen.
    I still prefer my Treo Pro and the static keyboard.
    Global Posts
    204 Global Posts
    On the Android side, two of the top manufacturers get it. There is the Motorola Droid Pro and now released is the Samsung Galaxy Pro. Both are physical keyboard smartphones, no sliding as with their other products.
    If the Veer is roughly the same size as the Pixi, I wonder if its board could me modded to fit into the Pixi? This would be for the die hard Pixi/Treo form-factor fans. Would take a lot of work, but then again, so did the Franken Sprint Pre 2.
    Last edited by lordnykkon; 03/31/2011 at 11:56 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by libray View Post
    The Veer is 50% thicker than the Pixi. The lenght of the Pixi is not a problem for most of my pockets. The Veer will bulge out more.

Veer Dimensions
    Width: 54.5mm (2.15 inches)
    Height: 84.0mm (3.31 inches)
    Thickness: 15.1mm (0.59 inches)

Pixi Dimensions
    Width: 55.0mm (2.17 inches)
    Height: 111.0mm (4.37 inches)
    Thickness: 10.85mm (0.43 inches)

HP could have added glass to the Pixi but so far, it has not been an issue for me. Pixi has USB and headphone jack built in, not in some adapter somewhere.
    The pixi was already extremely thin, thinner than the iphone infact. The new hardware will not be a problem in size.
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
    It's a shame Palm never gave little guy chance to fight. 10.85mm thick, 111mm high. If HP stuffed it with some decent CPU and glass screen it would be such nice phone.
    Global Posts
    204 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nurgling View Post
    Veer is infinitely more pocketable than the Pixi; not just the size but duraiblity (no exposed keys or flimsy screen, no flimsy USB port cover, no headphone jack to clog with pocket lint).
    Seems that there is still a problem with the headphone setup in HPalm land.
    Palm III -> Treo 90 -> Treo 650 -> Motorola Q -> Treo 755p -> Pixi -> Sprint FrankenPixi+ -> Blackberry Bold 9930
    Global Posts
    110 Global Posts
    I think they try to establish a brand imagine so buyers will know slider with keyboard is a HP device (like how Palm used to do with Treo)

Besides, smaller Pixi will def make screen far smaller for a modern day smartphone.

Saying all this, I still welcome a 80% size Pixi.
    Global Posts
    204 Global Posts
    I wonder if there will ever be a leak at the phones that are on the drawing board. The iphones of the world always seem to leak ut, so if there was ever anything on the drawing board, lets see it!
    Palm III -> Treo 90 -> Treo 650 -> Motorola Q -> Treo 755p -> Pixi -> Sprint FrankenPixi+ -> Blackberry Bold 9930
    iPhones leak out intentionally. This is apples marketing strategy and it works really great.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123