Global Posts
    877 Global Posts
    If the veer wins this market.

FoxNews.com - Dumb Phones Still Dominate Smartphones ... For Now

The veer wins.
    That general sphere is probably its target. Honestly, I think a lot depends on its price point. If HP can drop the Veer where it is free with a two year contract, I think they will have a hit phone on their hands which will bring a lot of people into the webOS ecosystem. Maybe you don't make a lot on them now, but once they've bought into the ecosystem, I wouldn't be surprised to see many upgrading to a higher end device in a couple years.

Gargoyle
    Global Posts
    877 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by innocentbystander View Post

boo.
    Global Posts
    918 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by brdl04 View Post
    If the veer wins this market.

FoxNews.com - Dumb Phones Still Dominate Smartphones ... For Now

The veer wins.
    I'm sure the concept is a good one. I'm not sure the execution is good enough, partly because of things HP should have done differently (eg, the non-standard connector) and pertly because the components may not be available at the right price yet.

Definitely the most innovative device of the three though.
    PalmPilot Professional...Palm Vx...Treo 600...Treo 680...HTC Touch HD...iPhone 4S...
    Im pretty sure they said the exact same thing when they released the pixi. As for my two cents until data plans become more affordable across the board most people are going to stick with their "dumb phones"

I was hoping there would be pictures of jailbate in this thread.
    Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkj View Post
    Im pretty sure they said the exact same thing when they released the pixi. As for my two cents until data plans become more affordable across the board most people are going to stick with their "dumb phones"

I was hoping there would be pictures of jailbate in this thread.
    I agree data plans are the biggest deterrent for people who still decide to stick with 'dumb phones'. If HP sell the Veer with a prepaid data plan, or for ~$300 off contract with no requirement for a plan, then it might sell. Otherwise people who want smartphones will get the best available if they will be tied to a 2yr contract.
    I'm into photography. On normal daily routine, i will bring my compact camera with me everywhere i go. But on those days where i need better picture quality (events, bdays, theme parks, etc), i'll bring my bigger SLR to get those really good shots.

How i wish i could do this with the Pre 3 and the Veer without having to remove the SIM card. I know this will require telco to provide the service, but would really love to have this feature. For eg: if i set my Pre 3 as active, the Veer will automatically go to airplane mode and vice versa, all the while using only 1 account and 1 phone number. During the switching, data gets transfered between the 2 so that i'll always have all my messages, settings, etc.

Hey, if apple can get visual voicemail, why can't HP get this?