Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 29
  1.    #1  
    I know it's a bit premature.. but take a look at this..
    HTC G2 Overclocked To 1.9 Ghz, Quadrant Score of 3004+ Laughs at All Other Scores Ever | TheAndroidSoul

    The T-Mobile G2 using the same cpu (msm7230) has been OC'd to 1.9ghz!!! Imagine that on the veer! I could totally use this as a replacement to my pixi!
  2. #2  
    Will be a matter will the device need an OC that high. 1ghz will be hands down but anything higher maybe unecessarry excessive wear to the CPU. The G2 is using a bloated OS but webOS 2 is not.
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

    www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
  3. #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by addiarmadar View Post
    Will be a matter will the device need an OC that high. 1ghz will be hands down but anything higher maybe unecessarry excessive wear to the CPU. The G2 is using a bloated OS but webOS 2 is not.
    I guarantee to you that the G2/Shift/Desire Z would be faster stock than the veer overclocked. Webos has along way to go before you can compare the speed to Android.

    Sent from my EVO Shift 4G
  4. #4  
    Have you seen videos of the veer? it's really well optimized, it looked faster than the pre3, and tablet (Well the tablet was really laggy, but considering they've probably only just started optimizing, it's understandable.) It's by far the fastest looking webos phone ever demoed. Apps just flew open.
  5. #5  
    I have.

    Sent from my EVO Shift 4G
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by nimer55 View Post
    Have you seen videos of the veer? it's really well optimized, it looked faster than the pre3, and tablet
    Veer is almost ready for shipping.
    Pre 3 and TouchThat are beta.
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    Veer is almost ready for shipping.
    Pre 3 and TouchThat are beta.
    I know, and I was knoking the pre3, was simply pointing out that the veer is THE fastest webos device we've seen.
  8. brdl04's Avatar
    Posts
    204 Posts
    Global Posts
    877 Global Posts
    #8  
    what is the point of overclocking when your device runs as fast as the veer videos show?

    Geez, the pre 3 will get a 1.4 and the next day someone will be asking how to overclock it to 2.0..

    get a laptop
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by brdl04 View Post
    what is the point of overclocking when your device runs as fast as the veer videos show?

    Geez, the pre 3 will get a 1.4 and the next day someone will be asking how to overclock it to 2.0..

    get a laptop

    well the pre 3's cpu isn't quite fast enough for when it's going to release. It will be surrounded by phones with similar specs as the touchpad.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by brdl04 View Post
    what is the point of overclocking when your device runs as fast as the veer videos show?

    Geez, the pre 3 will get a 1.4 and the next day someone will be asking how to overclock it to 2.0..

    get a laptop
    The point is to make it run faster! I have a 2.8ghz amd processor in my pc. It runs great, but I OC'd it to 3.6ghz. Why? Because I could, and it made my pc operate faster.

    Even if it is fast, the point is...it can be faster. Instead of taking 3 seconds to load google maps, it might take 2. Instead of hiccuping on a flash video, maybe it will play it smoother.

    I was not saying that the device isn't fast as it stands (because stock is actually a better performer than the stock pre2), but why not give it a bit more power!
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by brdl04 View Post
    what is the point of overclocking when your device runs as fast as the veer videos show?

    Geez, the pre 3 will get a 1.4 and the next day someone will be asking how to overclock it to 2.0..

    get a laptop
    I wonder this too... Especially when the battery is non-user replaceable. What happens when that battery is sucked out of all it's juice and you can only use it for 5 hours?

    Maybe it's just me, but that's what happened on my Pre after having it OC'd since the original patches. The battery had gone to 1/3 of it's original capacity and would only last for a few hours at most. Luckly, I could purchase a replacement for cheap.
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by pezman726 View Post
    The point is to make it run faster! I have a 2.8ghz amd processor in my pc. It runs great, but I OC'd it to 3.6ghz. Why? Because I could, and it made my pc operate faster.

    Even if it is fast, the point is...it can be faster. Instead of taking 3 seconds to load google maps, it might take 2. Instead of hiccuping on a flash video, maybe it will play it smoother.

    I was not saying that the device isn't fast as it stands (because stock is actually a better performer than the stock pre2), but why not give it a bit more power!
    Speed on loading Google Maps isn't about processor, it's about data connection speed. Try it on a good wifi connection and it loads almost instantly.
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by pastorrich1 View Post
    Speed on loading Google Maps isn't about processor, it's about data connection speed. Try it on a good wifi connection and it loads almost instantly.
    Load google maps on a pixi at 600mhz on wifi, then load google maps on a pixi OC'd to 849mhz. Then come back and tell me there is no difference.

    That being said...since the pixi's cpu is kind of lame anyway...having the faster cpu would load it almost instantly anyway, and that example is kind of moot.

    I was merely trying to make a point of faster cpu = faster app loads. it's math! if a cpu can do x amount of operations per second at y speed, then if you increase y, you increase x.


    EDIT: I meant speed of loading the APPLICATION, not speed of loading the maps within the application (though drawing them would be sped up as well!)
  14. #14  
    speaking of google maps:
  15. #15  
    overclocking is beautiful. a faster phone makes for a better user experience
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by protofa View Post
    overclocking is beautiful. a faster phone makes for a better user experience
    depends. Theres a battery trade off, and you gotta find that sweet spot (unless your on a desktop pc)
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by nimer55 View Post
    speaking of google maps:
    Wow. That was pretty fast. Major upgrade from the Pre. So fast you don't have time to miss the extra 80 pixels.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by nimer55 View Post
    speaking of google maps:
    I've never seen Google Maps load that fast on my Pre, even when overclocked.
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by koolkid09 View Post
    I guarantee to you that the G2/Shift/Desire Z would be faster stock than the veer overclocked. Webos has along way to go before you can compare the speed to Android.
    keep 50 of your favorite or most commonly used apps open on the veer. when you then tap any of them from the launcher, you'll be amazed how quickly they "open." speed unmatched by any other OS.
  20. #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by nimer55 View Post
    speaking of google maps:
    WOW!

    I hope the Pre 3 moves like that or better. Cant wait until this thing is released and I hope a version is buit for Sprint, this will replace my wifes Pixi.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions