Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Why would you want to overclock something that has such a tiny battery?
    overclocking foesnt necessarily drain the battery faster.
    Just wanna point something weird out: my girlfriend's Pixi Plus opens GMaps quicker, and gets a GPS fix *much* faster, than my UberKerneled Pre does. Dunno if it's all about clockspeed.

That said, they need to be working on a new Maps client, not least of all because of new devices coming with a compass.

Quote Originally Posted by CGK View Post
    Why would you want to overclock something that has such a tiny battery?
    Like Cantaffordit said, the battery impact of overclocking has been greatly exaggerated, especially over at Engadget. I have to switch my battery out for a fresh one about once every two weeks or so now. I'd actually say that battery life is on-par with the stock kernel under my personal usage pattern, although YMMV if all you do is play 3D/PDK games (Wesnoth has managed to drain my whole battery in as little as two or three hours)
    Last edited by GodShapedHole; 02/25/2011 at 06:13 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by RoverNole View Post
    WOW!

I hope the Pre 3 moves like that or better. Cant wait until this thing is released and I hope a version is buit for Sprint, this will replace my wifes Pixi.
    Unfortunately, from everything we've seen, the Veer is going to AT&T. They haven't said anything about a CDMA version.
    And in fact it will also have an HSPA+ chip, so what they are saying about faster data speeds will also be true. Maybe AT&T will try to bill it as a 4g phone.
  6.    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by crazyjeff View Post
    Sooooooo, you want to overclock so you can get faster to stuff that is too tiny to see on that screen? Fast or slow, doesn't matter, that screen is a joke.
    Considering I'm used to looking at things on my pixi, and it is plenty big enough for me....yes. I am fine with the screen size. Large screens are nice...but a phone the size of a netbook doesn't easily fit in my shirt pocket.

Unless.....

Large Pocket Shirt
    like the pic. Funny. To crazyjeff: most bb phones don't have a screen bigger than the veer, and yet they're selling fine.
    So is the HP Veer overclocked yet? And if so, how?

Is the mobile hotspot ported over to the Veer and does it now support encryted Wifi?

I want to have two phones, but only if the Veer is able to run faster than shipped stockwise...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Juize View Post
    So is the HP Veer overclocked yet? And if so, how?

Is the mobile hotspot ported over to the Veer and does it now support encryted Wifi?

I want to have two phones, but only if the Veer is able to run faster than shipped stockwise...

Thanks
    The Veer is fast enough. However, there is supposed to be a UberKernel in Preware that allows overclocking. Can't check as my German Veer is not on the same version...

The WiFi Hotspot programmed by Palm does only work unencrypted on my German Veer.

-- Sent from my Palm Veer using Forums
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12