Sent from my eVo
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    <retracted by poster>
    Removed! :-)

Sent from my eVo
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    I smell thousands of returns...
    This piece of crap don't work if it don't charge and I have no idea where I dropped that #@%??!!&#
    The charging connector is part of the charging cable. You would have to lose the entire cable and not have a touchstone in order to be unable to charge, same as with the current Pre.

The only downside to this design is that you will have to buy the chargeing cable specific to this phone rather than a generic cable. But, that's no different that how it works for the iPhone connector cables.

The stereo headset adapter is a separate part so you can use any pair of ear buds. The charging cable is a standard USB cable on one end and the magnetic connector molded on to the other end.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattykinsx View Post

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
  6. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    I wonder what they will do for the European release? I'm not sure of all of the details, but I seem to remember reading that all phones in the EU, from 2011 must use the micro-usb standard to reduce the amount of wastage generated by additional chargers.
  7.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by CGK View Post
    I wonder what they will do for the European release? I'm not sure of all of the details, but I seem to remember reading that all phones in the EU, from 2011 must use the micro-usb standard to reduce the amount of wastage generated by additional chargers.
    That's a really good question.
    TouchStone charging, Bluetooth headset... Adding the bulk to integrate the connectors would have been a waste since you don't need them anyway.
    Touchscreens are a fad.
    Similar connector works great charging my MacBook Pro, so no worries there. The headphone adapter actually could be a good thing, preventing returns because of the dreaded "stuck in headset mode" problem. Easy fix, just get another adapter, preferably a free one.
    I love the charging connector, I wish all of their phones had this. It will connect to the computer for USB/Media Sync with that 5-pin connector, right? Hope so. It does suck that one can't charge and listen to music at the same time, though I don't think its a deal breaker. Breaking the flow of the phone really kills its attractiveness though, even if the magnets are so strong as to not come out very easily, I say it was an obviously wrong move. The Pre is a great size, when important ports like the 3.5mm jack can't fit you know its too small now. I would have bought the Veer if it was somehow smaller than the Pre but had everything it is said to possess, along with the 3.5mm jack and front-face cam. And compass. Just my two cents.
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    Think about this for a second: someone who wants such a small phone is probably the type of person who wants his or her stuff to work with minimal inconvenience. This looks like a great little device but the lack of a headphone jack and a microusb input is disasterous. This is so ridiculous I am almost speechless. No one wants to use nonstandard inputs. All I wanted was an upgrade to my pixi plus, but in 2 key ways it is a downgrade.

They should have made the phone as small as a they could with all the standard inputs. It could have been slightly bigger to accomodate standard inputs no one would have thought it was "too big". No one wants to use non-standard stuff... These idiots should have known that. I can't beleive they did this. I am so ****ed right now, not at my phone situation, but that a company like HP could be so stupid.

NO ONE WANTS TO USE NONSTANDARD STUFF!!! HP PLEASE RECONSIDER!!!
    LuftWinkel likes this.
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Yellowhammer View Post
    Similar connector works great charging my MacBook Pro, so no worries there. The headphone adapter actually could be a good thing, preventing returns because of the dreaded "stuck in headset mode" problem. Easy fix, just get another adapter, preferably a free one.
    IMO this is not a proper solution to the stuck in headset mode problem. the proper solution was to fix the headset jack and/or the software that was causing the problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by dan-o View Post
    NO ONE WANTS TO USE NONSTANDARD STUFF!!! HP PLEASE RECONSIDER!!!
    One of the main reasons I bought the Pre was the fact that all the ports and connections were standard.

I never buy any electronics that don't have standard, easily swappable components.

I'm not really interested in the Veer, but I can't even recommend it to anyone with these limitations.

nnb
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by biggnaa20 View Post
    one of the main reasons i bought the pre was the fact that all the ports and connections were standard.

I never buy any electronics that don't have standard, easily swappable components.

I'm not really interested in the veer, but i can't even recommend it to anyone with these limitations.

Nnb
    correctomundo... This is a fatal flaw..
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    I don't even think Apple could get away with this crap and HP is no Apple. What do I have to just leave adapters in my car, at home, and at work? Maybe the device just isn't for me, but I really don't see how others would not be annoyed by this.
    Even though the Pres and Pixis use a micro USB cable, arent some cables not compatible still?
    Quote Originally Posted by apd123 View Post
    I don't even think Apple could get away with this crap and HP is no Apple. What do I have to just leave adapters in my car, at home, and at work? Maybe the device just isn't for me, but I really don't see how others would not be annoyed by this.
    *** are you talking about? Apple has gotten away with this "crap" for 10 years with their iCrap.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CGK View Post
    the dongle is a microusb - you can connect a microusb into it if I remember correctly
    Apps: MyQ for Netflix (Phone/TouchPad), Giantbomb (Phone), Excavate (Reddit/Digg clients for TouchPad)
    Quote Originally Posted by Orion Antares View Post
    *** are you talking about? Apple has gotten away with this "crap" for 10 years with their iCrap.
    Correct! My TV came with a dock for the iPhone and iPod, it certainly doesn't have the same connectors as my Evo.

Sent from my eVo
Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast