Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789
Like Tree1Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    I just think some folks are looking a little to hard for reasons it won't be a phone for anyone.
    Ditto on that. If this had been 9 pages of discussing what a huge failure it was to abandon the Pixi form factor for a slider, then we might have a discussion. But the magnetic connector? It just isn't the issue some people want to make it to be. If it really bothers you that much, fine, don't get one. For the rest of us it's a non-issue. I don't see it being a flaw--and certainly not the major flaw it's being made out to be--of this phone.

IMO the TouchStone is the absolute best feature of a WebOS phone. I'm sure a lot of users rank the OS higher than the TS, but the TS is probably still high on their list. If the TS isn't your thing, fine, but realize you are in the minority. I've got one TS at home and one in the car, and that's all I need to keep my Pixi charged. Induction charging is the way of the future. To hell with cables.
    Touchscreens are a fad.
    Quote Originally Posted by IcerC View Post
    What if they are doing this just so they don't have to repair the whole phone everytime the headphone jacks fail.
    That's not a bad reason to move to this type of connector. I'm not sure how many repairs had to be done with the mini-usb port, but this also eliminates the need for a stupid door.
    Quote Originally Posted by libray View Post
    I don't see many people in meetings who are taking out their smartphones and sliding them open to use.
    I do that with my Pre all the time. Adding things to my Exchange to-do list, taking notes, looking up things relevant to the meeting via google, etc.
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dan-o View Post
    NO ONE WANTS TO USE NONSTANDARD STUFF!!! HP PLEASE RECONSIDER!!!
    Several million iPhone users might disagree with you there.
    [twitter]_____[blog]______[im]__
    For now: Nexus One | iPad 2
    When avail. in Aus: Pre3 16GB | Touchpad 16GB

This is a forum for WebOS enthusiasts. It is not a place for negative rants about Palm, HP or WebOS.
    Criticism is important but so is a positive environment. Remember, we're here because we love WebOS.
    Is anybody looking forward to a "Will it blend?" video with the Veer?
    Quote Originally Posted by Syndil View Post
    Ditto on that. If this had been 9 pages of discussing what a huge failure it was to abandon the Pixi form factor for a slider, then we might have a discussion.
    I agree. It is also worth mentioning that a dab of epoxy on the upper right and left edges of the slider and you will have the pixi form factor. As an alternative, an enterprising case maker could make one that holds the Veer in the open position. That might even be a big seller.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    I agree. It is also worth mentioning that a dab of epoxy on the upper right and left edges of the slider and you will have the pixi form factor. As an alternative, an enterprising case maker could make one that holds the Veer in the open position. That might even be a big seller.
    I can't tell if you're being sarcastic. But no, gluing it open does not a Pixi make. A slider is most fragile when it's opened, and is certainly not easy to slide into a pocket.
    Touchscreens are a fad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Syndil View Post
    I can't tell if you're being sarcastic. But no, gluing it open does not a Pixi make. A slider is most fragile when it's opened, and is certainly not easy to slide into a pocket.
    Rest assured that I was only kidding. Epoxy would only be effective if it was combined with the handy man's secret weapon...Duct tape.

On a slightly more serious note, the Veer slider was very different, and adding epoxy at a few additional points and it would be as solid as a rock. Not that I think this is a good idea, but if you haven't had a chance to play with the Veer you will be really impressed with how solid it is all the way across its range of travel.
    My roommate superglued his Pre ....yes, on purpose into the open position. He had a tiny bit of wiggle and panicked.

Sent from my eVo
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    Rest assured that I was only kidding. Epoxy would only be effective if it was combined with the handy man's secret weapon...Duct tape.

On a slightly more serious note, the Veer slider was very different, and adding epoxy at a few additional points and it would be as solid as a rock. Not that I think this is a good idea, but if you haven't had a chance to play with the Veer you will be really impressed with how solid it is all the way across its range of travel.
    Lol @Red Green. Duct tape is like the force--it has a dark side, a light side, and it holds the universe together.

Yes, I admit I am highly prejudiced against sliders. I've never had a good experience with them, and I have had (or sold) many, starting with the original Kyocera Slider series. What a colossal piece of garbage that was. I think that may have unfairly seeded my distaste for all sliders. But then there was the PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Mogul... All expensive smartphones, and eventually every one of them started to at least feel sloppy when sliding, although none actually broke. Did nothing to improve my opinion of sliders.

Granted, I've never even given a Palm slider a chance.
    Touchscreens are a fad.
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789