Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 170
Like Tree1Likes
  1. #41  
    Thats why they have touchstones !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  2. #42  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    Yep, the touchstone is the best car mount ever.
    I could live a wireless life if bluetooth wasnt putrid.
    Attached Images Attached Images
  3. #43  
    touchstone + bluetooth plz thx

    I've got a TS in the car too.
  4.    #44  
    Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post
    In five years this may become a standard.
    There's no way that this will become standard.

    HTC used to have an adapter for their devices too and moved away from it.

    No one is gonna move back.

    Having the ability to plug your device in, without having to find an adapter, is what most people want.

    That's why it's become standard.


    The bluetooth/touchstone comments just mean that it's another hurdle for HP/Veer.
    You have to buy a bluetooth device and a touchstone to have the same easy use as any device out there right now.
  5. #45  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattykinsx View Post
    The bluetooth/touchstone comments just mean that it's another hurdle for HP/Veer.
    You have to buy a bluetooth device and a touchstone to have the same easy use as any device out there right now.
    Technically you would be buying the touchstone to have EASIER use than any other device out there right now.
  6.    #46  
    Quote Originally Posted by Orion Antares View Post
    Technically you would be buying the touchstone to have EASIER use than any other device out there right now.
    Right, you would, although with the standardization of non-wire charging devices..that will soon not be reality.

    The fact is that, if you don't get the touchstone, you are gimped...in a matter of speaking with the requirement of an adapter.
  7. #47  
    tap to share and touchstone !! yes its awesome !!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  8. #48  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattykinsx View Post
    It may be "clever" but not having that built-in is silly.
    One man's opinion. There simply wasn't room in the device to add it, so their solution is very clever and very solid. It was definitely a hit at the show.
  9. #49  
    wow the ignore feature works stinking good !!! woo hoo !!!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  10. #50  
    I predict that the new phones will all come with the touchstone included. That will help to leverage the unique feature and render this thread obsolete.
  11. #51  
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    One man's opinion. There simply wasn't room in the device to add it, so their solution is very clever and very solid. It was definitely a hit at the show.
    hey dave whats up man !! i guess you had a good time at the show ! thanks for the twitterverse updates man that was kool and all the pics too !!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  12.    #52  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    I predict that the new phones will all come with the touchstone included. That will help to leverage the unique feature and render this thread obsolete.
    If it does, you're right.

    But that remains to be seen.
  13. #53  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattykinsx View Post
    There's no way that this will become standard.

    HTC used to have an adapter for their devices too and moved away from it.

    No one is gonna move back.

    Having the ability to plug your device in, without having to find an adapter, is what most people want.

    That's why it's become standard.


    The bluetooth/touchstone comments just mean that it's another hurdle for HP/Veer.
    You have to buy a bluetooth device and a touchstone to have the same easy use as any device out there right now.
    This is exactly why the magnetic charger connection has been such a failure for Apple. People are just never going to buy anything that attaches with a magnet.

    And seriously, everybody gave this little thing raves and kudos on wed. I hope everyone will resist the urge to declare things as complete failure until they've actually been in the same zip code as the device they are hating on.
  14.    #54  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    This is exactly why the magnetic charger connection has been such a failure for Apple. People are just never going to buy anything that attaches with a magnet.

    And seriously, everybody gave this little thing raves and kudos on wed. I hope everyone will resist the urge to declare things as complete failure until they've actually been in the same zip code as the device they are hating on.
    Where in this thread did I declare the Veer a failure?

    I'm merely discussing the charging/headphone adapter. And why I feel it to be a bad thing.
  15. #55  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattykinsx View Post
    Right, you would, although with the standardization of non-wire charging devices..that will soon not be reality.

    The fact is that, if you don't get the touchstone, you are gimped...in a matter of speaking with the requirement of an adapter.
    The question I'd ask is how long it takes a third party manufacture to come up with a combo/USB headphone adapter for the Veer that might even use a port instead of an attached cable for the USB.
  16. #56  
    i hate when someone speaks for everyone when they know absolutely no one ! makes no sense at all . go out and take a poll or do some research that proves a point then you have the right to speak for everyone that you polled other wise you r speaking out <<mod edit>> really !
    Last edited by bevcraw; 02/12/2011 at 04:44 PM.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  17. #57  
    hey did you hear that apple is looking at releasing a smaller iphone mini lol kool huh !!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  18. #58  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattykinsx View Post
    Where in this thread did I declare the Veer a failure?

    I'm merely discussing the charging/headphone adapter. And why I feel it to be a bad thing.
    Well, I'd say that the title implies that the phone will fail because you say the user can't charge it while listening to a headset. And if that somehow isn't what you are implying, you are certainly declaring the adapter a failure that people aren't going to buy.

    Of course, they won't have to buy them because they will be included with the phone (I asked) and it was so well received by people that got to play with it were really impressed with it. I was skeptical about the Veer and the adapter. But after about 10 minutes playing them, I was sold. I think members are really exhausted by so many posts making authoritative-sounding declarations how things won't work. And especially if there doesn't seem to be any positive declarations of equal passion about anything from Palm or HP.

    There were at least a thousand people between the two events. I haven't heard anything negative from any of them. But from a few that weren't there and haven't seen/felt/held/tried the new hotness... it's a different story.

    I remember when Palm stopped using SD memory and shifted to Micro-SD on the Centro. I was annoyed because I had to buy some new Micro-SD cards and they were still fairly expensive. And now... we take for granted that anything bigger wouldn't fit. Progress is progress.

    I feel better now.
  19. #59  
    you the man Tim haha ha sorry j/k !!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  20. #60  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattykinsx View Post
    The bluetooth/touchstone comments just mean that it's another hurdle for HP/Veer.
    You have to buy a bluetooth device and a touchstone to have the same easy use as any device out there right now.
    Don't care. I have the standard USB jack and the standard 3.5mm headphone jack on my Pixi now, and I use both of them... never. They are just wasted space.
    Touchscreens are a fad.
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions