Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    i wont buy the pre2 if its keyboard is as bad as the pre+.

heard the veer has a good keyboard. might buy that when it eventually becomes available on verizon.
    The Veer's keyboard is very small. I don't know much about travel and feedback. Cantaffordit should be able to speak to this.
    Quote Originally Posted by protofa View Post
    this might come as a surprise to everyone, but the two things i do most on my pre+ is talk and text. if the keyboard or call quality of the veer is better than the pre2, than the pre2 can't come anywhere near to measuring up to the diminutive veer - irregardless of all other features.
    Your kidding! You use a mobile phone for talking on? You should let Apple know about this unusual behavior, maybe they could make a phone that actually works as a phone.......
    HP200LX->Treo270->Treo600->Treo650->Treo680->Centro->iPhone3G->
    Treo680->TreoPro->iPhone3GS->PalmPre->HPPre2->HPVeer 2.2.3->HPPre3

Global Posts
    483 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VCI_Cell View Post
    That last sentence is hugely confusing to me. Even putting aside "irregardless."

Are you saying the Veer is going to be your next phone, instead of the Pre 2, so long as the keyboard and voice quality are better?
    That brought a smile to my face. I almost thanked a woman last night just for saying "regardless," so yeah it bugs me.
    Apps:

Turn the Dial Radio Directory (Phones)
    8-bit Miner (TouchPad)
    Turn the Dial Digital Edition (TouchPad)
    Give me the Veer!
    Im suprised no one else has mentioned this...maybe im the only one, I use LedTorch everyday and for the life of me Im not sure why they left out a led flash on the veer. Thats one of the main reasons I will pass up the veer. The pixie for pete's sake has a led flash, lets move forward not backward :/

Ken
    Global Posts
    717 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bakerman1 View Post
    Im suprised no one else has mentioned this...maybe im the only one, I use LedTorch everyday and for the life of me Im not sure why they left out a led flash on the veer. Thats one of the main reasons I will pass up the veer. The pixie for pete's sake has a led flash, lets move forward not backward :/

Ken
    You're not the only one. Considering that the Veer will pair so nicely with the Touchpad, it would have been the perfect phone to buy, except for no flash.
    Now that makes you want to buy the Pre3, which means that there won't be too much need for the Touchpad. Not right away, at least.

EDIT: And I have mentioned it in other threads before.
    NNJ
    Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    The Veer has no LED flash, a smaller screen and screen resolution, a smaller batter (Though they claimed it would have about the same battery life as the Pre Plus - not good), and lacks a native microUSB/HeadPhone jack (though it comes with a magnetic connecter to allow those).

The thing that kills the Veer for me is the fact that it doesn't have a removeable battery. If it has comparable battery life to the Pre Plus, this kills the phone. My Pre Plus needs its battery switched once a day for me to make it till I get home without charging.

And unless you have a touchstone somewhere in the middle of the day, you'll have to worry about losing the Veer's magnetic microUSB connecter.
    Peace, Freedom, Prosperity.

If you have a complaint/request relating to webOS please use the Feedback & Feature Requests Form at the official site.
    I'm pretty positive that the MSM7230 in the Veer is better than the TI OMAP3630 in the Pre 2. All the same, Adreno 205 IS BETTER than PowerVR SGX530. The Veer will be getting touch-to-share via an OTA update that will be released in the summer, when the TouchPad comes out. I don't think that the Pre 2 has touch-to-share.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12