Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    just played with the Veer, it is LITERALLY as fast and smooth as the iphone 4. Makes my 1ghz pre look like a joke..
    Awesome! I'm not surprised, considering the specs. Wonder if the tiny display has something to do with it as well.
    Not surprised at all, considering the 800 MHz processor is comparable to that of the G2, but the Veer has significantly less screen resolution.

If they can price these right, they'll fly off the shelves like the Centro did.
    Global Posts
    401 Global Posts
    Would this be good for an EX-Centro user?

I just hope I can get one on Sprint if the Veer does indeed "not suck"
    Veer looks to be HSPA only for the time being, so no go on Sprint for now ... but yes, it would be a great Centro replacement.
    Global Posts
    401 Global Posts
    Ah crap I forgot that

Maybe there's a WiMAX Veer for Sprint later
    I'll definitely replace my Pixi with the Veer. The screen is practically the same size, so I'm totally fine with it, but I'm totally impressed with the speed.
    Quote Originally Posted by emc2trooper View Post
    I'll definitely replace my Pixi with the Veer. The screen is practically the same size, so I'm totally fine with it, but I'm totally impressed with the speed.
    Overclock your pixi to 806mgz then its a little rocket.
    Frankly, I think the Veer is the sleeper. It'll be priced right and pruchasers won't be like me and waiting to get the next greatest app. They'll be happy with the built-in functionality. This is for the non-entertainment crowd of productivity users.
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    Yeah just watched some videos of it on youtube, my pixi does not look like that, not for one second.
  11.    #11  
    When I first heard about the Veer today, I immediately thought "UTTER FAIL! KIN REPEAT! SERIOUSLY HP?" But it's far from it. This seems like a good phone for a 12-16 year old kid who doesn't need crazy app functionality, but just needs a small, fast phone with good smartphone features.

Also, it's funny cause the Veer is SO small, it almost felt like a toy. Ah, the wonders of technology.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChickenMan View Post
    When I first heard about the Veer today, I immediately thought "UTTER FAIL! KIN REPEAT! SERIOUSLY HP?" But it's far from it. This seems like a good phone for a 12-16 year old kid who doesn't need crazy app functionality, but just needs a small, fast phone with good smartphone features.

Also, it's funny cause the Veer is SO small, it almost felt like a toy. Ah, the wonders of technology.
    EXACTLY RIGHT. If this phone is anywhere close to $100, I'll probably buy one for my daughter. She would LOVE it and likely be locked as a webOS user for life. HP wants to get "cool" into kids' heads. In 5 years, they'll be young adults with disposable income.
    If it is priced well, and touchpad is priced well, I'm definitely in the veer+touchapd camp. If they're too pricey, I might end up in the Pre3 camp.

Otherwise, I'm sold on pocketable phones. I had a Panasonic GD55 on tmobile for a long time. Then I had a Neonode for a while. pocketable=good.
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    they will not fly off the shelves because the majority of potential customers will be turned off by the nonstandard inputs.
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    you think 'cool kids' want to fumble around with inconveneint non-standard inputs? this is ridiculous. a total blunder. whatever the market was for this phone they have cut it in half with this foolishness.
    Global Posts
    352 Global Posts
    My wife really wants a smaller phone (has a Pre, doesn't want a Pixi) so the Veer would be perfect for her. Our Sprint contract is up in Oct so we'll see what happens by then. Would love to get one on Sprint but would consider switching carriers to get her what she wants.
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dan-o View Post
    you think 'cool kids' want to fumble around with inconveneint non-standard inputs? this is ridiculous. a total blunder. whatever the market was for this phone they have cut it in half with this foolishness.
    ^This^

Not to mention how cool will they be when they have to repeat what palm users have been for the past 2 years "no my phone does not have that app" But it has these cool cards to multitask the cool apps I don't have, but HP said we should be getting some in "the coming months"...

Day later at the wireless store... Hello how can I help you?
    Cool Kid: I would like to return this wack phone...
    Rep: whats wrong with it?
    Cool kid: You guys know this crap phone has no apps? why do you sell junk like this.
    Rep: ok lets start your return.

Smells like 2009 all over again.
    if you read any reviewer of the Pre 2 that doesn't use Palm phones regularly, they are almost always shocked by what is in the app catalog. Statements likes, "They only have 5000 apps but they have most of the major ones" are often in reviews.
    If you look at what Apple ranked as the top 20 apps for the iphone like a year ago, Palm had like 18 out of the 20. How many apps do peopl really use? Palm has plenty of good games in the app catalog and there seems to be apps for pretty much most specialities.
    I really am curious: what apps does Palm not offer that you want and would use regularly?
    Quote Originally Posted by dan-o View Post
    they will not fly off the shelves because the majority of potential customers will be turned off by the nonstandard inputs.
    You're average user does not even know what non-standard means
    Quote Originally Posted by ChickenMan View Post
    just played with the Veer, it is LITERALLY as fast and smooth as the iphone 4. Makes my 1ghz pre look like a joke..
    Too bad its DOA
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast