Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    you have an out-dated processor chip and therefore not as effective as new ones coming out. Read link Hummingbird vs. Snapdragon vs. OMAP vs. Tegra 2: ARM Chips Explained - Tested
    thanks for link to article. according to it, "qualcomm has designed a custom monster of a SoC." glad to know that the veer has a monster in it since it uses a qualcomm MSM7230 processor.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChickenMan View Post
    just played with the Veer, it is LITERALLY as fast and smooth as the iphone 4. Makes my 1ghz pre look like a joke..
    Yep, I just checked, same chip that's in the T-Mobile G2, that drives a 800x480 display, and, for those of you who havent tried out that phone, its exceptionally responsive - wicked fast (and yes, the G2 has the same Adreno GPU, as well).

My daughter replaced her HD2 last fall with it, and absolutely loves it.

So, that's the upside to using this CPU/GPU combo - now, couple that with the fact that on the Veer, it will be driving less pixels via a smaller screen size, and I can absolutely understand the OP's observation comment above.

If the small formfactor of the Veer with the slideout keyboard is appealing to those crossover consumers from a featurephone to a smartphone who really don't want to sacrifice the comfort they liked regarding the featurephone size, one thing is for sure: performance shouldn't even be an issue for the Veer, especially if WebOS is optimized on its debut.

April is, indeed, coming up quickly.

"The more I learn, the more I realize just how little I really do know!" -Albert Einstein

whats with the heat? i hated my hot pixi in my palm. A device should always be icecold and not heat up my hands.
    <<thread cleaned>>

Posting comments about issues you have is fine, but posting insulting comments to simply anger the members of the forum is trolling.

This thread is about the VEER and not about general webOS. Please stay on-topic.
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 03/13/2011 at 07:05 PM.
    @xImtc - PM me if you have questions.
    xImtc,

i meant no hate toward you. i replied to your post in the thread above. ^

but to stay on topic, I'm very excited about the speed of the Veer. I can only imagine what the Pre 3 will be like once it is optimized and ready for release.
    xImtc... read your PM's and you will see detailed explainations to your issues. You will also find that your posts were moved HERE and not deleted. I suggest PM'ing a moderator if you have any further questions.
    Global Posts
    182 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    xImtc... read your PM's and you will see detailed explainations to your issues. You will also find that your posts were moved HERE and not deleted. I suggest PM'ing a moderator if you have any further questions.
    I just PMed you. Sorry, I didn't notice that I was getting those from you. I have never used the PM feature before.

To all those in this thread, I would like to apologize for getting it gummed up. It was never my intention to start a fight either with my fellow community members nor (especially) the moderators.

I am just a frustrated webOS user who is not at all happy about the future of products running it, Veer not the least among them.
    <thread cleaned again>

Folks - this thread is about the Veer and NOT about webOS apps and such. Please use the appropriate forums for those posts as we are steering this one back on-topic. Any off-topic posts will be deleted.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by blackfireball5 View Post
    I'm very excited about the speed of the Veer. I can only imagine what the Pre 3 will be like once it is optimized and ready for release.
    Me 2 :-)
    I wonder how the Pre3 speed will match up in comparison. I'm getting the feeling seeing the Veer speed that the Pre3 will just be ridiculously fast.
    Where did you get to use one at?
    Where did you play around with it?
    Actually, I don't see the Veer just for "teens". John Rubenstein uses the Veer as his personal phone. In his Engadget Show review, he said something that really made me want to get the Veer (I want the Pre 3). He said that why would you want two large devices when you can have one small and one big. If you get a touchpad, that right there is webOS on a large screen, why not compensate that with webOS on a smaller more pocketable device. Best of both worlds, in my opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by millertime View Post
    if you read any reviewer of the Pre 2 that doesn't use Palm phones regularly, they are almost always shocked by what is in the app catalog. Statements likes, "They only have 5000 apps but they have most of the major ones" are often in reviews.
    If you look at what Apple ranked as the top 20 apps for the iphone like a year ago, Palm had like 18 out of the 20. How many apps do peopl really use? Palm has plenty of good games in the app catalog and there seems to be apps for pretty much most specialities.
    I really am curious: what apps does Palm not offer that you want and would use regularly?
    Slingbox, Hulu, Sirius, Skype. Palm promoted Sirius in the launch day pamphlet and told me it was coming soon... 22 months later...
    Quote Originally Posted by userbound View Post
    I wonder how the Pre3 speed will match up in comparison. I'm getting the feeling seeing the Veer speed that the Pre3 will just be ridiculously fast.
    Check this out...

Kind of embarrassing compared to...
    Quote Originally Posted by matteebee13 View Post
    Check this out...

Kind of embarrassing compared to...
    The issues there were caused by Flash, and only an ***** is going to use their phone/tablet with that enabled.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiddlekins View Post
    The issues there were caused by Flash, and only an ***** is going to use their phone/tablet with that enabled.
    I use my phone with flah enabled and it is still lightning fast and display correctly. Battery life can take a hit, but the phone doesn't slowdown. I don't think I'm an ***** for doing that.

Sent from my EVO Shift 4G powered by CM7
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234