Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by GMTesta View Post
    How's the keyboard? Is it like the pixi or the pre? If it's pixi like then I'm psyched!
    according to multiple sources, it's like the pixi. It may come out even more, but is a bit smaller. A precentral editor preferred it to the pre3.
    Quote Originally Posted by millertime View Post
    if you read any reviewer of the Pre 2 that doesn't use Palm phones regularly, they are almost always shocked by what is in the app catalog. Statements likes, "They only have 5000 apps but they have most of the major ones" are often in reviews.
    If you look at what Apple ranked as the top 20 apps for the iphone like a year ago, Palm had like 18 out of the 20. How many apps do peopl really use? Palm has plenty of good games in the app catalog and there seems to be apps for pretty much most specialities.
    I really am curious: what apps does Palm not offer that you want and would use regularly?
    +1

My wife has a iphone 4 and she used 15 apps.

I had an iphone 2G, 3G and 3GS and I never had more than 25 apps on any of them.

Just sayin'
    can't wait to see it along with the Pre3 and TouchPad!! Thanks!
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
    Quote Originally Posted by helidos View Post
    Its not about the top apps its about the cool / fun zomg look at that rofl apps..

Example

Yesterday buddy at work walks in with this app that has a cat that repeats anything it hears. We lol'd in the office for over an hour. Would have been cool to download and show it off to friends and fam at home.

But guess wut "my phone does not have nor can get that app" YA!! cool phone I got eh?

That is the same thing that is going to happen when HP releases these new phones in the wild they are going to be bought and returned when people realize they have a nice phone hardware wise but the software is sub par when comparing to the other OS on the market.

And why would people wait around for devs? or HP I think we all have been waiting on 2.x, flash, improvements in general for the pre's and look what we got "ah well due to some unforeseen changed in the code" we will not be releasing any 2.X on old devices ya great thanks glad I waited around for a year a half on promised software improvements.

Word of mouth advertising is going to kill the new products, and I for one will make it a point to walk over and tell people the crap they have pulled for the past 2 years and steer people away from said products.
    How tramatic for you
    Quote Originally Posted by dbmgreen View Post
    I don't get why all the tech writers are FOOLED by app counts. If you trip over to the Apple Store, and have a look at a lot of the "apps" they are not apps at all, they are content. They consist of some sort of viewer, and some specific content.
    Lets be realistic here, it's kinda like kindle calling each book they sell an app.
    Webos got tons of books and themes. Doesn't matter much you want to say iOS and android got tons of fart apps but they got tons of useful and quality apps which it will take long long time before webos can catch up.

Sent from Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by passlogix View Post
    Webos got tons of books and themes. Doesn't matter much you want to say iOS and android got tons of fart apps but they got tons of useful and quality apps which it will take long long time before webos can catch up.

Sent from Tapatalk

last year I made the prediction that webos would have 20,000 apps by november. (in my defense, I expected the pre 2 to come out in june, and have a larger screen. So a mix of the pre 2, and pre 3 out in June.)

Now I'm saying we'll have 40,00 by this time next year. (i'm ready to be proven wrong again ).
    Honestly could care less about app count, as long as it has key features missing from my pixi: gps w/ directions, voice commands, visual voicemail, word editor. When dumbphones have voice dialing, and a smartphone doesn't that is just sad.

Really don't use many apps on my pixi, and the only pay app I have is classic (just to use one app for work).
    Well I installed Uberkernal and Govnah...pretty much followed the wiki on it regarding settings. I think it's faster but I haven't really put it to the test. Making calls was always a slow sore spot...I would accidentally call someone because I would press the screen before it was done loading up after some action. It was late when I installed it last night, didn't want to bother folks testing it out. Hopefully I'll get a better chance today. I may try rebooting to see if that is improved in my Pre+ over standard 1.4.5.
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

those snapdragon processors rock. that, and the back end changes made to the OS, will make for a better user experience. pixi users rejoice!
    Now I can tell a difference! I thought I had set mine to 800/500, but I was mistaken. I tried to create my own profile and ended up setting it to 500/500. Dumb, huh? I set it to 1000/500 for a while, big difference. I decided to take it down to 800/500. I didn't want to over do it yet. Still very fast. I like this!
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

I know I have taken a potshot or two at the Veer. But if it runs fast and can do a lot, it will find its way.

My Themes:CLICK HERE
    Quote Originally Posted by dan-o View Post
    you think 'cool kids' want to fumble around with inconveneint non-standard inputs? this is ridiculous. a total blunder. whatever the market was for this phone they have cut it in half with this foolishness.
    Hmmm... Bluetooth headset for music and touchstone for charging. Yeah, you are gonna have a pocket full of connectors.... Just leave the usb dongle plugged into a usb cable at your pc for data transfer.
    Quote Originally Posted by sinime View Post
    Hmmm... Bluetooth headset for music and touchstone for charging. Yeah, you are gonna have a pocket full of connectors.... Just leave the usb dongle plugged into a usb cable at your pc for data transfer.
    I don't think many kids have Bluetooth headphones on the count that they are so expensive.

Sent from my EVO Shift 4G
    Quote Originally Posted by koolkid09 View Post
    I don't think many kids have Bluetooth headphones on the count that they are so expensive.

How often do you use the aux and charge besides maybe in the car? You can find s9's for 40ish dollars. Not all that expensive.
    Quote Originally Posted by Titan078 View Post
    How often do you use the aux and charge besides maybe in the car? You can find s9's for 40ish dollars. Not all that expensive.
    It is if your a kid.

Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by millertime View Post
    I really am curious: what apps does Palm not offer that you want and would use regularly?
    Well, it's the utter lack of developer love that hurts.
    Nowadays you can control your A/V equipment with your smartphone (read: iPhone). See Marantz, Denon, Yamaha, you name it. App comes for free. But not for webOS. This sucks.
    LOL

oh my dear god.

its things like this that make me shake my head.. And wonder what's wrong with this world

Quote Originally Posted by Mike5 View Post
    How can HP survive if they don't have an app of the repetitive talking cat? I just can't buy a webOS phone again unless I can get this app. This marks the downfall of HP!!!

You are kidding right?
    Quote Originally Posted by passlogix View Post
    iOS and android got tons of fart apps but they got tons of useful and quality apps which it will take long long time before webos can catch up.
    PalmOS at it's time got so many apps no other mobile OS featured and even today one can be far more productive under PalmOS as most likely never under iOS. Most of the iOS apps are not that complete with regard to productivity as they seem.

It doesn't matter how many apps an app store keeps, but the net value on how many are essential, crutial and help on your day job is what really counts!

I realize that many productive apps under webOS are still missing, but on the contrary, same is true for all other platforms - other than PalmOS!

With little change in thinking and habbits, I cover about 75 % of what I need under webOS. Under iOS it would be even less...
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Regarding PalmOS: So true, still miss the calendar and launch screen that displayed the next upcoming events. Wish the Centro didnt have that incoming/outgoing freeze bug as I would love to use it again until we get exhibition mode on webOS.
    Treo 180 270 600 650 Centro Pre Pr3 tPad tPad4G
    Quote Originally Posted by precaution View Post
    PalmOS at it's time got so many apps no other mobile OS featured and even today one can be far more productive under PalmOS as most likely never under iOS. Most of the iOS apps are not that complete with regard to productivity as they seem.

It doesn't matter how many apps an app store keeps, but the net value on how many are essential, crutial and help on your day job is what really counts!

I realize that many productive apps under webOS are still missing, but on the contrary, same is true for all other platforms - other than PalmOS!

With little change in thinking and habbits, I cover about 75 % of what I need under webOS. Under iOS it would be even less...
    Have you even casually browsed the iPhones app store? There hundreds if not thousands of applications that enrich ones life and help with productivity.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast