Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by elslunko View Post
    Yeah just watched some videos of it on youtube, my pixi does not look like that, not for one second.
    If not already, get preware and overclock it to 806. Recently overclocked my wife's Pixi and now she is talking to me again
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by millertime View Post
    if you read any reviewer of the Pre 2 that doesn't use Palm phones regularly, they are almost always shocked by what is in the app catalog. Statements likes, "They only have 5000 apps but they have most of the major ones" are often in reviews.
    If you look at what Apple ranked as the top 20 apps for the iphone like a year ago, Palm had like 18 out of the 20. How many apps do peopl really use? Palm has plenty of good games in the app catalog and there seems to be apps for pretty much most specialities.
    I really am curious: what apps does Palm not offer that you want and would use regularly?
    Its not about the top apps its about the cool / fun zomg look at that rofl apps..

Example

Yesterday buddy at work walks in with this app that has a cat that repeats anything it hears. We lol'd in the office for over an hour. Would have been cool to download and show it off to friends and fam at home.

But guess wut "my phone does not have nor can get that app" YA!! cool phone I got eh?

That is the same thing that is going to happen when HP releases these new phones in the wild they are going to be bought and returned when people realize they have a nice phone hardware wise but the software is sub par when comparing to the other OS on the market.

And why would people wait around for devs? or HP I think we all have been waiting on 2.x, flash, improvements in general for the pre's and look what we got "ah well due to some unforeseen changed in the code" we will not be releasing any 2.X on old devices ya great thanks glad I waited around for a year a half on promised software improvements.

Word of mouth advertising is going to kill the new products, and I for one will make it a point to walk over and tell people the crap they have pulled for the past 2 years and steer people away from said products.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Was measured at the dev event as 1 minute 20 seconds on non-final software.

Also, angry birds was fully playable and fast.
    Apps: MyQ for Netflix (Phone/TouchPad), Giantbomb (Phone), Excavate (Reddit/Digg clients for TouchPad)
    it is the pixi angry brids version. The pixi could handle it, too.
    Quote Originally Posted by helidos View Post
    Its not about the top apps its about the cool / fun zomg look at that rofl apps..

Example

Yesterday buddy at work walks in with this app that has a cat that repeats anything it hears. We lol'd in the office for over an hour. Would have been cool to download and show it off to friends and fam at home.

But guess wut "my phone does not have nor can get that app" YA!! cool phone I got eh?

That is the same thing that is going to happen when HP releases these new phones in the wild they are going to be bought and returned when people realize they have a nice phone hardware wise but the software is sub par when comparing to the other OS on the market.

And why would people wait around for devs? or HP I think we all have been waiting on 2.x, flash, improvements in general for the pre's and look what we got "ah well due to some unforeseen changed in the code" we will not be releasing any 2.X on old devices ya great thanks glad I waited around for a year a half on promised software improvements.

Word of mouth advertising is going to kill the new products, and I for one will make it a point to walk over and tell people the crap they have pulled for the past 2 years and steer people away from said products.
    The Talking Tomcat!

There's also a hampster one.

Sent from my eVo
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DirkGently View Post
    it is the pixi angry brids version. The pixi could handle it, too.
    It was downloaded via the app catalog (demo version) - but it was butter smooth and fast.
    Apps: MyQ for Netflix (Phone/TouchPad), Giantbomb (Phone), Excavate (Reddit/Digg clients for TouchPad)
    What about the Pre3 bootup time? Any better? A minute is definitely do-able compared to the Pre's now. Awful boot time.
    Sprint Love
    Considering how quickly webOS boots on the Pre2, I'm surprised at the long load time for the Veer.

The '3 should fly.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tooearly View Post
    What about the Pre3 bootup time? Any better? A minute is definitely do-able compared to the Pre's now. Awful boot time.
    The veer was freely available to play with in an demo area, the pre3 was guarded by HP folks and you only got a little bit of time with the device, so don't think anyone got them to reboot it.

But much faster processor should mean a nice boot benefit
    Another reason I wanted webOS 2.x...faster boot time!
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

Quote Originally Posted by millertime View Post
    If you look at what Apple ranked as the top 20 apps for the iphone like a year ago, Palm had like 18 out of the 20. How many apps do peopl really use? Palm has plenty of good games in the app catalog and there seems to be apps for pretty much most specialities.
    I really am curious: what apps does Palm not offer that you want and would use regularly?
    I don't get why all the tech writers are FOOLED by app counts. If you trip over to the Apple Store, and have a look at a lot of the "apps" they are not apps at all, they are content. They consist of some sort of viewer, and some specific content.
    Lets be realistic here, it's kinda like kindle calling each book they sell an app.
    HP200LX->Treo270->Treo600->Treo650->Treo680->Centro->iPhone3G->
    Treo680->TreoPro->iPhone3GS->PalmPre->HPPre2->HPVeer 2.2.3->HPPre3

Quote Originally Posted by dbmgreen View Post
    I don't get why all the tech writers are FOOLED by app counts. If you trip over to the Apple Store, and have a look at a lot of the "apps" they are not apps at all, they are content. They consist of some sort of viewer, and some specific content.
    Lets be realistic here, it's kinda like kindle calling each book they sell an app.
    The webos App Catalog has over 700 book "apps" in it.

Swyped from my HTC HD2 (CM7)
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockbeast View Post
    Another reason I wanted webOS 2.x...faster boot time!
    You can't compare pre2 boottimes to a pre 1 with 2.0
    I have my Pixi overclocked to 800MHz, and it's in no way as fast as the Veer. That thing flies.
    Global Posts
    782 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by helidos View Post
    Yesterday buddy at work walks in with this app that has a cat that repeats anything it hears.
    How can HP survive if they don't have an app of the repetitive talking cat? I just can't buy a webOS phone again unless I can get this app. This marks the downfall of HP!!!

You are kidding right?
    Quote Originally Posted by mosdl View Post
    You can't compare pre2 boottimes to a pre 1 with 2.0
    But is a Pre+ with 2.0 going to boot up any faster than a Pre+ with 1.4.5?
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

<<Threads merged>>
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    I think it should be priced competitively with the LG optimus v. The 600mhz 3.2 inch android 2.2 phone selling at 150 unlocked, and off contract.

At that price, it would sell really well. If they could possibly get it down to a 129.99 it would do significantly better.
    Veer has the same innards as Tmobile G2 with a lower res screen. It is a very competitive phone however Inspire 4G has the same innards as well (but with a bigger, higher res screen) and is priced at $99.99 so it will depend on what carrier it is released on?
    Quote Originally Posted by ChickenMan View Post
    just played with the Veer, it is LITERALLY as fast and smooth as the iphone 4. Makes my 1ghz pre look like a joke..
    How's the keyboard? Is it like the pixi or the pre? If it's pixi like then I'm psyched!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast