webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  HP Veer > Nice video of the Veer!
Nice video of the Veer!

Old 02/09/2011, 04:08 PM   #1 (permalink)

HP Veer, first hands-on! (updated with video!) -- Engadget

Engadget just posted video of the Veer. I have to admit it looks pretty sweet! Hope HP prices this little device around $100 or less...

Current device: Palm Pre
Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
Gaurav is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by HelloNNNewman, protofa
Old 02/09/2011, 04:10 PM   #2 (permalink)

btw Veer in Hindi means "brave"

Current device: Palm Pre
Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
Gaurav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/09/2011, 08:00 PM   #3 (permalink)

<deleted by moderator> that thing is fast/responsive... Wonder what the battery life will be? If I can get a day out of it, I'll gladly take it. 2.6 aint much.. But I think it might be worth it.

Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 02/26/2011 at 12:24 AM. Reason: Please do not post around the language filters
zionixi#AC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/09/2011, 08:45 PM   #4 (permalink)

I wish it had a flash for the camera and autofocus, I would buy it tomarrow
slydog43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/09/2011, 10:54 PM   #5 (permalink)

Definitely faster than my Pre minus. Notice nobody is trying to type on that thing. I still wonder if the target market could actually type on it.
realistdreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/10/2011, 02:17 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by realistdreamer View Post
Definitely faster than my Pre minus. Notice nobody is trying to type on that thing. I still wonder if the target market could actually type on it.
The demo the HP rep gave to P|C Derek showed her typing on it. She seemed to do just fine.
VCI_Cell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/25/2011, 11:10 PM   #7 (permalink)

here's another nice video of the veer. its performance looks real snappy:

YouTube - HP Veer WebOS
protomaxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/26/2011, 12:18 AM   #8 (permalink)

Totally agree with the device being $100 dollars $150 max. Looks like the size off the LG remarq for sprint. Besides that I see this product being geared toward cuteness, for woman. Children to enjoying very powerful features for games and little kids and teenage girls love little cute phones. Besides that it is a pretty nice phone and a lot of people wouldn't mind getting one with such nice multitask features along with hopefully a great price.
markawashington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/26/2011, 12:49 AM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by markawashington View Post
Totally agree with the device being $100 dollars $150 max. Looks like the size off the LG remarq for sprint. Besides that I see this product being geared toward cuteness, for woman. Children to enjoying very powerful features for games and little kids and teenage girls love little cute phones. Besides that it is a pretty nice phone and a lot of people wouldn't mind getting one with such nice multitask features along with hopefully a great price.
I think it needs to be 150-200 UNLOCKED, and OFF contract.

just like the lg optimus v.
nimer55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/26/2011, 01:47 AM   #10 (permalink)

People expecting $100 or $150 off contract are nuts. I bet it's $99 on a new contract. What it needs is a cheaper data plan than standard smart phones.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
Ulairi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/26/2011, 01:57 AM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulairi View Post
People expecting $100 or $150 off contract are nuts. I bet it's $99 on a new contract. What it needs is a cheaper data plan than standard smart phones.

1) that's rude!

2) I never said I expected it, I said it "needs to be" In order to compete with the optimus V. which sells for 150.

200 is very doable, I doubt the phone costs much more than a 100 to create.
nimer55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/26/2011, 08:35 AM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nimer55 View Post
1) that's rude!

2) I never said I expected it, I said it "needs to be" In order to compete with the optimus V. which sells for 150.

200 is very doable, I doubt the phone costs much more than a 100 to create.
It's not rude. The phone is has a faster processor, glass screen and a good gpu. It is in a different class than the optimus. Both are entry level, but one has 512mb of Ram.

Entry level phones can be priced at $200 on a contract, what they need are cheaper data plans. That's what kills entry level devices.

Ulairi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/26/2011, 09:55 AM   #13 (permalink)

Holy ****, this little phone is really fast. I believed it would be like my oc pixi, but is is a lot faster!

Makes me wonder if there will be a superfast pixi2 with same screen. Would buy it in an instant. I would love to see a picutre of a pixi next to a veer. Is the keyboard smaller as the pixi's?
DirkGently is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/26/2011, 10:54 AM   #14 (permalink)

I was pleasantly surprised by the Veer's speed as well. Just imagine how fast the Pre3 with 1.4 GHz must be! It has nearly twice the clock rate!
FischOderAal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/26/2011, 04:19 PM   #15 (permalink)
Banned

Fast does not trump usability. I don't believe many will find that tiny keyboard very usable. Typing may be possible, but I doubt fast.

How good is your eyesight? On my 27" monitor the veer was pictured much larger than it is. The print on the screen was very small. In real life, I don't think many will be comfortable with that.

Cute? Tons! Fast? It certainly demos well. Usable? Yet to be seen, but doubtful. I look forward to the first reviews. I hope I am proven wrong.
dandbj13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/26/2011, 05:29 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandbj13 View Post
Fast does not trump usability. I don't believe many will find that tiny keyboard very usable. Typing may be possible, but I doubt fast.

How good is your eyesight? On my 27" monitor the veer was pictured much larger than it is. The print on the screen was very small. In real life, I don't think many will be comfortable with that.

Cute? Tons! Fast? It certainly demos well. Usable? Yet to be seen, but doubtful. I look forward to the first reviews. I hope I am proven wrong.
The Veer's screen is pretty much the same size as the Pixi which is very readable to me (my wife has one). If the keyboard is the same size, it's definitely usable but a little cramped for me. It's perfect for my wife though.
dsei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/27/2011, 12:48 PM   #17 (permalink)

keys are smaller. but maybe they are still usable with better curve and more volume? we'll see.
DirkGently is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/27/2011, 12:58 PM   #18 (permalink)

Very excited about this device. If it connected with the TouchPad like the Pre3 does, this would be my main device for daily use. Just hope it comes out sooner rather than later so I can start playing with it.

Of course, I'm getting a Pre2 next week (already shipped). Should I really indulge in getting this device with the TouchPaid/Pre3 Combo coming out this summer? *shrug*

Tough decisions.

Oh, and I could see paying $200 for this.

Last edited by Tim Stiffler-Dean; 02/27/2011 at 01:00 PM. Reason: Added note.
Tim Stiffler-Dean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/27/2011, 09:08 PM   #19 (permalink)

Let's hope the Sprint Pre- comm-board will fit into it LOL
Old 03/01/2011, 07:30 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by markawashington View Post
doubt it. $199 to start is my bet and on contract. Pre3 will be $299 at least. HP doesn't see this stuff as cheap or starter type equipment.

While these new devices will play in the consumer space, HP will push hard in the business space
Midway99 is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0