1.    #1  
    Am I hallucinating or haven't HP execs made statements to the effect that they are working on an early 2011 launch?
    They are launching the Pre 2 in Q1. they didnt lie about that.
    But why would I pay for a Pre2, when I know Pre3 is just a few months out, and may be higher on the coolness factor?
    Quote Originally Posted by dalspartan View Post
    But why would I pay for a Pre2, when I know Pre3 is just a few months out, and may be higher on the coolness factor?
    Maybe you should ask for a reason from all those people ordering iPhone 4s on Verizon this week instead of waiting a few months for an iPhone 5.

Pick what you want to do based on your reasons. Just because you would want to wait doesn't mean others want to wait.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsgraphicart View Post
    They are launching the Pre 2 in Q1. they didnt lie about that.
    HP CEO Leo Apotheker: "HP will stop making announcements for stuff it doesn't have. When HP makes announcements, it will be getting ready to ship," he promises, saying the products launched on 9 February will be on sale just a few weeks later.
    via: BBC News - Can Leo Apotheker make Hewlett Packard a cool company?

He deceived us. They are nowhere near shipping 2 of the 3 things they announced today.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orion Antares View Post
    Pick what you want to do based on your reasons. Just because you would want to wait doesn't mean others want to wait.
    ^ That's a sig-worthy line if I ever saw one.
    Quote Originally Posted by dalspartan View Post
    exactly? baffeling, who's paying these schmucks? launch the pre3 now and make the world right again!!lol, well, saying that;

If Blackberry can get away with being a huge smartphone player and they launch devices with really pony hardware, as long at HP have integrated the kernal with the Qualcomm CPU/GPU to harness all the power that chip has to offer they might actually create a viable market!! Who knows, all I can say is that I can't wait to get my hands on that hardware, I've had just about enough of my pre and pixi plus, and am |-| this much closer to buying an android device, I have to just keep looking at those sexy shots of that Pre3 to keep me going until JUNE, JULY or fecking AUGUST!!! Jeez, 'we're not going to announce unless its ready to ship' my **** Leo!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Orion Antares View Post
    Maybe you should ask for a reason from all those people ordering iPhone 4s on Verizon this week instead of waiting a few months for an iPhone 5.

The iphone 5 isnt guarenteed around the corner man, it may be much later this year!
    Quote Originally Posted by BMEtoMD View Post
    HP CEO Leo Apotheker: "HP will stop making announcements for stuff it doesn't have. When HP makes announcements, it will be getting ready to ship," he promises, saying the products launched on 9 February will be on sale just a few weeks later.
    via: BBC News - Can Leo Apotheker make Hewlett Packard a cool company?

He deceived us. They are nowhere near shipping 2 of the 3 things they announced today.
    yeah - not good for Leo as the new CEO. Seems to be a disconnect between him and his staff/employees. Interested to see how this is corrected or what "he really meant". HP PRPRPR $will$ $probably$ $come$ $out$ $and$ $say$ $he$ $was$ $misquoted$ $or$ $the$ $comment$ $was$ $taken$ $out$ $of$ $context$.

Regardless, we were deceived. I was looking forward to a phone and tablet in the coming weeks. I would order both... not it could be the iPad 2 or the Xoom. The Xoom will be out this month with Android 3.0 right?