Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Is it just me or is there no headphone jack on the Veer? Why would Hp not have a standard headphone jack? The metal connector is coll and all but I also like universal standards and not having to buy accessories to make the things I have work only for one device. Hp is not apple...
    Palm USA | Palm Veer Phone | Features, Details

Headphone jack: Magnetic connector with 3.5mm stereo headset adapter included

Yeah, there isn't a standard 3.5mm slot, but the phone comes with an adapter to use a 3.5mm pair of headphones, so you don't need to buy a separate accessory it seems.
    Global Posts
    204 Global Posts
    Oh no.
    So its a slider - transform to use the keyboard
    And now you have to FIND then pull out the adapter - transform to use a 3.5mm plug.
    More like leave the adapter on your headphones.

Not that I care. I won't get a Veer and have used Bluetooth headphones for a while anyway. Can't go back to cables now.
    Global Posts
    204 Global Posts
    I like cables. When in use, I don't have to worry about battery draining faster.

I currently have 3.5mm headsets at the office, car and home. With a physical 3.5mm jack, I can also plug in any set of headphones, should I need them, and not worry about where the adapter is.
    Why do this for the veer and not for the Pre3 and the TouchPad? Or did I miss that?
    there is a tiny little adapter that attaches to the magnetic connector to provide a headset jack. I will try to find one tonight and post a picture. It attaches to the side and looks/operates in a very clever manor, no wires or dongles flopping around.
    what's a 3.5mm jack? do earthlings still use those things?
    Quote Originally Posted by protofa View Post
    what's a 3.5mm jack? do earthlings still use those things?
    I'm pretty that's a standard...for like everything...

Unless that's sarcasm.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakeeeee View Post
    I'm pretty that's a standard...for like everything...

Unless that's sarcasm.
    The earthlings comment didn't clue you in?

Sarcasm is the norm around here.

Beamed down to the earthlings from my eVo
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    The earthlings comment didn't clue you in?

Sarcasm is the norm around here.

post about sarcasm is sarcastic about sarcasm? oh crap my brains in a loop

Its been done. It's Magical.
    Last edited by IcerC; 03/02/2011 at 11:12 PM.

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
    Quote Originally Posted by IcerC View Post
    post about sarcasm is sarcastic about sarcasm? oh crap my brains in a loop
    Better run the doctor!

Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Back on-topic please...
    I wonder if the sale of bluetooth adapters will increase...so folks can plug in their wired earphones/headsets (desiigned for earthling ears)?
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    there is a tiny little adapter that attaches to the magnetic connector to provide a headset jack. I will try to find one tonight and post a picture. It attaches to the side and looks/operates in a very clever manor, no wires or dongles flopping around.
    I'll save you the trouble

Follow me on Twitter : MrKal_El
    Global Posts
    518 Global Posts
    Anyone who has physically held the device, are the magnets pretty (Rare Earth) strong, my concern is that these magnets would fall off pretty quickly. If there was some sort of locking mechanism I would fell better about this. Im sure my wife would probably love this phone. (Like you didnt know that was coming!) lol
    Ħ╬čųβΔ
    Sent from my HTC Evo 4G
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by H-Cubed View Post
    Anyone who has physically held the device, are the magnets pretty (Rare Earth) strong, my concern is that these magnets would fall off pretty quickly. If there was some sort of locking mechanism I would fell better about this. Im sure my wife would probably love this phone. (Like you didnt know that was coming!) lol
    Yes... I was very surprised how robust the mags felt. Of course if you yank it... it'll come off... but it won't fall off unless you want it off.
    Follow me on Twitter : MrKal_El
    it was a stronger connection than a macbook magnetic connector.
    wasn't all of this discussed on this thread:
    http://forums.precentral.net/hp-veer...ad-phones.html
    Global Posts
    518 Global Posts
    Thanks, even though the Veer is a little too cutesy for my taste. I could see myself rocking it or persuading others into it. Its just so quick!
    Ħ╬čųβΔ
    Sent from my HTC Evo 4G
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast