Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Check this out, H/P has decreased the battery size in Veer. The battery now is only 910mA, and is NON removal. Thanks Palm/HP, I bet webOS 2.2 is so so so so optimized that the battery will last you a whole week. The only thing I liked about pixi was how flat it was, how light it was and the keyboard rocked. All changed in veer. Thanks Palm. I bet H/P, Palm would sell more devices if they made Palm OS, thats right Palm OS not webOS devices with wifi and a webkit browser.
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    You'll love it!
    I don't see the VEER being a success.
  4.    #4  
    Though just saw engadget, they would said veer felt good
    I rather have a beer than a Veer so i'll just stand clear.
    Global Posts
    468 Global Posts
    Gonna Veer away from this phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by DSPKweb View Post
    Gonna Veer away from this phone.
    haha, oOOOOOHH SNAP
  8.    #8  
    will veer be like Kin, million dollar debacle?
    Not having a removable battery to even change it out as the demands of the even amazingly optimized 2.X weather the battery is such a bad call by HP. Great phone though otherwise...
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    the battery is removable - it requires a special tool it seems that goes into a opening at the top of the device. The truth is more likely the thing is so packed that it needs extra caution to not destroy other parts.
    Apps: MyQ for Netflix (Phone/TouchPad), Giantbomb (Phone), Excavate (Reddit/Digg clients for TouchPad)
    Global Posts
    204 Global Posts
    I'm typing on my Pixi right now which is at 65% and was last charged yesterday afternoon. If I don't feel like plugging it in I can make it to the stores today have a couple of calls and fell safe about making it home later. Love this.

I bought an extra battery that I carry for emergencies since it's so easy to replace the current one.
    from what i've read, the veer's processor runs more efficiently than the pixi's. in addition, webos 2+ runs more efficiently than its predecessor. these enhancements will likely allow for sufficient run time on the veer, irregardless of its smaller battery size. fret not. trust in the force.
    Quote Originally Posted by protofa View Post
    from what i've read, the veer's processor runs more efficiently than the pixi's. in addition, webos 2+ runs more efficiently than its predecessor. these enhancements will likely allow for sufficient run time on the veer, irregardless of its smaller battery size. fret not. trust in the force.
    What happens when the battery won't keep a decent charge anymore? Like maybe a year later....do you toss the phone and get a new one?
    Quote Originally Posted by protofa View Post
    If not for the "irregardless" I wouldve thanked your post

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post
    What happens when the battery won't keep a decent charge anymore? Like maybe a year later....do you toss the phone and get a new one?
    You probably do the same thing you have to do with an iphone/ipod/itouch.... send it in to HP or down to your local phone carrier to get a new one put in.
    ... and also it has a low consumption processor, don't whine.
    non-removable batteries have proven to be better at holding their charge (see any apple product) so I am not worried about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    If not for the "irregardless" I wouldve thanked your post

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    lmao
    Gotta stay in the "NO"
    Quote Originally Posted by sapient2k7 View Post
    non-removable batteries have proven to be better at holding their charge
    Gee, if I had known that, I would have epoxied my Pre battery into the phone so it couldn't be removed, thereby allowing it to hold its charge much longer!
    Wow, here we go again. Did the OP happen to compare the talk time and stand by numbers betweem the two?

It looks like the more efficient components provide the same specs with a slightly smaller battery.

Would anyone actually prefer a battery that was bigger but actually resulted in shorter life?

thanks a lot palm.
    Last edited by Cantaffordit; 02/14/2011 at 12:05 PM.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast