Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    What's wifi N

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Much faster, newer version of WiFi. There are 4 major WiFi versions, A, B, G, and N. G is the second newest, and maxes out at 54Mbps. A faster version of G goes up to 108Mbps. But N runs (maximum, depends which draft/final specs were used) at either 150Mbps, 300Mbps, or 600Mbps. It helps you out if you have a really fast incoming connection and your WiFi hobbles it a bit, but it truly helps out if you're doing transfers over your WiFi network (since it can run the transfers faster between your devices)
    Arthur Thornton

Former webOS DevRel Engineer at Palm, HP, and LG
    Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Former blogger for webOS Nation and webOS Roundup
    Yeah, the Evo came capable of running n, but for some reason HTC had chosen to limit it to g.

After much complaining from users they enabled it, with the last update.

So, when I first got mine, I tested it both ways, using wifi for awhile, before I installed the update and there is a noticeable difference.

Sent from my eVo
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    I think N is pushing the limits of WiFi. I have an N router, but running it in N mode causes the connections to constantly drop.

Also, if you are connecting via WiFi, you are probably connecting to a router with an Internet connection that is slower than 54Mbps, so N provides no speed benefits unless you are transferring data over the LAN.
    Touchscreens are a fad.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Problem is, the Veer doesn't have the touch to share functionality.
    It DOES support touch-2-share. I believe it was talked about on feb 9. the following link also talks about it.
    HP Touchstone Touch-to-share lets devices swap URLs, 'Exhibition' mode added for phones -- Engadget
    According to the TouchPad overview page on hp.com it definitely has the TTS ability:

TouchPad | Laptop TouchPad, TouchPad Computer Tablet PC

Specifically see foot note #8 on the page

"8. Requires HP TouchPad with webOS 3.0 and Pre3 or Veer with webOS 2.2 or higher, both products having the same HP webOS account. Viewing URL web page content requires data connection via Wi-Fi or cellular connection."
    Quote Originally Posted by sapient2k7 View Post
    It DOES support touch-2-share. I believe it was talked about on feb 9. the following link also talks about it.
    HP Touchstone Touch-to-share lets devices swap URLs, 'Exhibition' mode added for phones -- Engadget
    Yeah, at the time I was going by Precentral's article which said it didn't have the communication coils, but it has since been said multiple times that the Veer does do touch-to-share, so my previous post is incorrect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Titan078 View Post
    10.85*1.5=16.275

16.275-15.1= 1.175

15.1/10.85 = 1.39 or 39% Thicker not 50%
    Quote Originally Posted by Syndil View Post
    Yeah, whatever. If you can't see that 50% was a rough estimate or how it was determined... (hint: I wrote it out, and my math was not wrong)

But clearly I am the troll.

Thanks, but...I think when we are talking a difference of millimetres it is helpful to be precise
    Here is a video of the Veer running Need for Speed! Really smooth!

Alberto Cajigas Jr. - Watch my video on #twitvid - TwitVid
    can't c video in link. My phone has no flash
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Problem is, the Veer doesn't have the touch to share functionality.
    umm yes it does
    my contract is up in sept no sure if i should stay with palm or move to HTC???
    Quote Originally Posted by donadoni View Post
    my contract is up in sept no sure if i should stay with palm or move to HTC???
    Well, by September the Pre 3 and Veer should be out in the wild with many reviews to help you decide if you want to stay or move to the HTC.

All I can say is that my Pre 2 has me happy staying with webOS. I'd like to move up to the Pre 3 only because of auto-focus and the larger 3.6" screen.
    I say the OP is blowing us smoke.
    I mean, just look at his post count.
    Signs up to yank our chain.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    posting this from an actual Veer.
    Thus, this image is VERY adequate:

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123