1.    #1  
    Kind of looks like a Kin to me. Is the Kin far enough dead, this won't matter? Also, I don't see this as enough of a difference from the Pre form factor, but I'm glad to see more options, regardless.
    Looks more like a tiny Pre than a Kin.
    What was the principle problem with the Kin? Wasn't it the lack of useful things you could do with it?

Having had a pixi for a while after the pre, I find myself liking a small phone that can still get my exchange mail, play some games and run some apps.

Unfortunately, I went to the pixi because I'm sick of that slider so I doubt this will make it for me. I'll bet that a big chunk of the app catalog is missing for this one too which is a huge problem with the pixi.
    android and blackberry are trying to copy webos ui
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    The problem with the Kin wasn't the phone itself, it was the UI which was a locked down dumbphoned version of a OS that wasn't even into infant stages yet.

If this thing is nearly as thin as a Pixi but the size of its screen its going to be easily one of the most pocketable smartphones ever if not the most pocketable one that's came out thus far.
    Quote Originally Posted by chrish View Post
    Unfortunately, I went to the pixi because I'm sick of that slider so I doubt this will make it for me.
    Ditto on the slider. Glad I have my Palm-branded Pixi.
    Touchscreens are a fad.
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    Love dataphones and wouldn't be without it. Love small phones and don't want a big fat slab in my pocket. Usually have a small tablet pc with me. Veer with a hotspot (or the Pre3, which looks nice) would work very well for me. It may be a niche market, but I think they should push it by offering it free with any tablet purchase.
    Now if it used the same OS as the Kin, you might have something.
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com
    The Kin didn't look bad - it just couldn't do anything worthwhile. That shouldn't be a problem with the Veer.
    I would have loved a new pixi with the upgraded hardware, arghh. Even a slightly larger screen. I think Im going to have to stay with my Evo, darn.
    Global Posts
    818 Global Posts
    In terms of form factor...

The Veer is roughly a Pre that is .5 inches shorter, half the thickness, and the screen resolution of the Pixi.

The Pre 3 is roughly a Pre that is .5 inches bigger in both width and height. A killer screen and much better keyboard.

So, they covered the people that wanted it smaller or bigger.
    Palm III->Palm IV->Palm V->M130->Tungsten->Treo 270->Treo 600->Treo 700->Palm Pre Plus->FrankenPre 2->Pre 3 & TouchPad
    Quote Originally Posted by ggendel View Post
    In terms of form factor...

The Veer is roughly a Pre that is .5 inches shorter, half the thickness, and the screen resolution of the Pixi.

The Pre 3 is roughly a Pre that is .5 inches bigger in both width and height. A killer screen and much better keyboard.

So, they covered the people that wanted it smaller or bigger.
    Except those who didn't want a slider.
    Quote Originally Posted by ElPhantasmo View Post
    Kind of looks like a Kin to me.
    That "kind of" sounds stoopid.
    Global Posts
    204 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chilin View Post
    Except those who didn't want a slider.
    Exactly.

I was one of many folks who begrudgingly gave up my Palm Treo 755p (on Sprint SERO no less) and settled on the Pixi late in the game (July 2010). I considered myself a purist having had a number of Treos over the years. I will be buying up unwanted pixis in the coming months because I don't see enough in the Veer here as an upgrade.

It's a slider
    Screen is smaller
    Internal storage is the same
    Battery is smaller (I get a couple of days easily on the 1150)

Matter of fact, I wish the Touchpad looked more like a Kindle with a non-slider physical keyboard.
    I too was hoping for a pixi successor. I like the candy bar and the ultra slimness. I think Ill pass on the veer but I can definitely see how it would appeal to some folk.
    Quote Originally Posted by libray View Post
    Exactly.... I don't see enough in the Veer here as an upgrade.

It's a slider
    Screen is smaller
    Internal storage is the same
    Battery is smaller (I get a couple of days easily on the 1150)
    Me too.

and dont forget the lack of flash for the camera...
    Quote Originally Posted by ehskeep View Post
    android and blackberry are trying to copy webos ui
    keep trolling.