Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    that phone looks truly amazing! Too bad its only gsm
  2.    #2  
    not a big fan of this though:
    910 mAh (non-removable); up to 5.0 hours of talk time or 300 hours of standby time.
    It's not for me, but it sure is a cool looking little phone.
    Size of a credit card. I'll have one yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by stu5797 View Post
    Did they really say it's only going to be GSM?

PalmOS: Zire71, Clie NX70V, LifeDrive, T|X
    WebOS: VZW Pixi Plus, now VZW PRE 2

Quote Originally Posted by garnetlove View Post
    Did they really say it's only going to be GSM?
    It looks like it based on the specs page:
    Palm USA | Palm Veer Phone | Features, Details
    I think the only downside is the battery size. It's the only spec that's a step down from the Pixi. Hopefully they did something to webOS for it to use less battery. According to Engadget, the battery is non-removable, so you won't be able to have spare batteries to last you a whole day.
    If the OS is using enyo with hardware acceleration, hopefully it will spend more time in idle state.
  9. c4r
    If you're looking for a tiny phone with a pretty big punch...this looks really good!
    I'm back!!!!! Still hanging on to a diff phone... no names mentioned and I was very psyched to see what HP was going to put out.... Thank you deiter for the hard work... The veer looks pretty sweet... if there was no pre 3 id go for the veer... nice tiny phone... all my friends would be jealous at how easy it fits in my pocket!!! Saving up my money for when my contract ends i can re sign with sprint and get me one of these bad boys
    Quote Originally Posted by TigerNamedfTony07 View Post
    i can re sign with sprint and get me one of these bad boys
    Hey TNT, Veer = GSM and Sprint = CDMA (mainly, right).
    IMHO it is a good phone for starters on the smartphone age.

If you like you can watch the Promo video Ad on youtube:

The Veer would be an excellent "going-out" phone. Awesome for situations where I'm going out with friends and don't need a huge screen or a lot of power, but still need to send the occasional text or tweet, etc.

Great for portability, obviously, as well. No need for a hip holster, etc.
    How about a veer in your pocket providing your wifi access for whatever other wifi devices you might want to carry. I could imagine that easily enough.
    Screen size is decent too... same as the pixi.
    Ugh. I'd love to have a Veer but the radio specs suggest that it will be a long wait before it shows up on Verizon.
    Quote Originally Posted by stu5797 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    Size of a credit card. I'll have one yes.
    I see people have still not learned their lesson from the Pre. The name alone should tell you everything you need to know. I guess some people are gluttons for punishment.
    Quote Originally Posted by sinsin07 View Post
    I see people have still not learned their lesson from the Pre. The name alone should tell you everything you need to know. I guess some people are gluttons for punishment.
    Good, solid, informative post. More like this, please.
    Glad they added a new form factor. Cool entry level device. I'd be afraid of the performance and battery life, especially on AT&T since it's GSM.
    Quote Originally Posted by realistdreamer View Post
    Glad they added a new form factor. Cool entry level device. I'd be afraid of the performance and battery life, especially on AT&T since it's GSM.
    Firstly, vanilla GSM devices generally have excellent standby times - much better than CDMA, anyway.

Second, AT&T's 3G is essentially a flavor of CDMA (UMTS) ... and devices using that network tend to have similar standby times to devices on EvDO networks.

So I suppose my point is that a Verizon Veer and an AT&T Veer would have very similar standby battery life performance. Unless you turned off the 3G data on the AT&T Veer ... in which case it would last forever.

[EDIT: This came off snarky - I didn't mean for it to be. This info is correct as far as I'm aware, but if you have other data, please correct me!]
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast