Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I don't see what proof HP has that a tiny smartphone will gain traction in this market when it seems like the exact opposite is true...

My Themes:CLICK HERE
    the veer turns me on

lets start an official veer hug and smooth thread

btw i am looking forward to the day when the veer 2 comes out which will be with pre screen resolution, 24bit color depth and the cpu of the pre^3 (and the battery of the touchpad of course^^)
    Give me a beer instead of the Veer.
    My eyes are going, so I want bigger, but this phone is really cute. I didn't think it would go over well, but after watching the engadget vid, I think it has a shot. Unlike the kin, we know the OS is solid. A ton of people liked the centro and pixi, and while I like candybar phones, I didn't care for the size. I think there is a market for this.
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
    I want it!
    I love the form factor. It's adorable. And I like the Magsafe charger.
    No headphone jack makes me sad though.
    Quote Originally Posted by innocentbystander View Post
    I love the form factor. It's adorable. And I like the Magsafe charger.
    No headphone jack makes me sad though.
    Maybe they did that so the phone could be completely sealed and made liquid resistant? The headphone jack is a stress point that a lot of people have had problems with for many different devices. A magnetic adapter for a traditional headphone jack would allow the adapter to safely disconnect from the phone if someone yanks on the cord.
    Wish it'd come out on Verizon *sigh*.
    I've never liked landscape sliders because I like to be able to 1 thumb type. If this thing is the size of a CC, it would've been possible.....And I might have grabbed one in 'early spring'.

Guess I'll have to limp my centro until Pr3.
    I don't understand this ridiculous idea that there is a category of people who need a "starter smartphone." Anyone under 30 can pick up any phone or other device in the world and intuitively use it right away, and for others, what is the difference between the "starter" phone and the bigger version of the exact same phone? I would gladly have bought one on Sprint soon, but where is this imaginary market of people who are saying "o I want to try a smartphone, but I don't want a big scary one, just a little tiny unintimidating one to learn on?" It's the opposite - my mom can barely use a 7 year old Sanyo, but wants an Evo because it's big and she's old and can see to use it.
    I love this phone. I don't care what the naysayers say. It could do well.
    I think iphone will get to the point where everyone has had it and is looking for something new. HP needs to jump at this now. THIS IS SOMETHING NEW AND DIFFERENT.

PalmOS: Zire71, Clie NX70V, LifeDrive, T|X
    WebOS: VZW Pixi Plus, now VZW PRE 2

Assuming it comes out in the UK I'll definitely have a look at it, I think with some well designed apps it could end up being extremely nice. But it'll need the apps, I don't think regular web pages would be that nice to use with it.

Now if HP could only come up with an easy way of jumping a phone number between devices that didn't require swapping sims, then I'd go and buy a Pre 3 and Veer just to have the choice of suiting my device to the situation.
    Quote Originally Posted by toby2010 View Post
    I don't understand this ridiculous idea that there is a category of people who need a "starter smartphone." Anyone under 30 can pick up any phone or other device in the world and intuitively use it right away, and for others, what is the difference between the "starter" phone and the bigger version of the exact same phone? I would gladly have bought one on Sprint soon, but where is this imaginary market of people who are saying "o I want to try a smartphone, but I don't want a big scary one, just a little tiny unintimidating one to learn on?" It's the opposite - my mom can barely use a 7 year old Sanyo, but wants an Evo because it's big and she's old and can see to use it.
    i dont think its a "starter". its a "small phone". and i love small things when it comes to cellphones (or smartphones i dont mind how we name it). small, robust, reliable, beautyful, usable.

i remember having a nokia 8210, so if i get that feeling again on the veer... yess...

dont want no liqueur, so please deliver!
    I've heard that the veer will be available in the coming month's at Toys"R"Us
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    If it had a flash (for much used flashlight) I would definitely get one.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12