Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By Nafetz
  • 1 Post By Grabber5.0
  • 2 Post By Preemptive
  • 1 Post By Nafetz
  1.    #1  
    Was hoping to use the Touchpad to play music on my hifi system but noticed it got low volume out.

Would it be possible to put my music on some kind of media server and instead use the Touchpad more like a remote to control what to play instead of acting as the source?

What setup would you recommend using? I was thinking of copying my music to FLAC so would relly like a player that does the format and thr rest of the system some justice, any ideas?
    First of all, welcome to WebOSNation.

Well, I cannot really answer your exact question, as I've never tried anything like that. But there's one thing I can give some advice on:
    Was hoping to use the Touchpad to play music on my hifi system but noticed it got low volume out.
    Did you install TouchVol (it can be found in Preware)? - I highly recommend it for several reasons (including as an easy way to reset the PulseAudio whenever that's needed)...for one you can set your preferred audio-profile, and more importantly to your case: boost the device's volume. This might, at least, solve your 'low volume out' problem should you choose to use a Touchpad directly.
    Low volume sounds like a device-specific problem. I've got plenty of volume out of mine.
    I'm using my webOS devices as remote controls for Kodi running on a RaspberryPi that is connected to my hi-fi system. But it's possible to control Kodi on other devices, too (PC, Notebook, ...). The app for this is Media DB. I have to admit that it is really not easy to use and a lot of features are still missing. Besides you will have to do a lot of things to get all started for the first time. After this is done it gets much easier. I can't live without it any more
    MudShark22 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nafetz View Post
    I'm using my webOS devices as remote controls for Kodi running on a RaspberryPi that is connected to my hi-fi system. But it's possible to control Kodi on other devices, too (PC, Notebook, ...). The app for this is Media DB. I have to admit that it is really not easy to use and a lot of features are still missing. Besides you will have to do a lot of things to get all started for the first time. After this is done it gets much easier. I can't live without it any more
    You have a PiHiFi? Or HiFiPi? I have a Pi2, and the audio output is very noisy - there is a lot of hiss or white noise in the background when no audio is playing. I bought a cheap USB audio adapter and it puts out a cleaner signal. Curious how yours is set up. Streaming music was one of the things I thought it would be useful for, but as of now, it just sits around.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    Nafetz likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nafetz View Post
    I have to admit that it is really not easy to use and a lot of features are still missing. Besides you will have to do a lot of things to get all started for the first time. After this is done it gets much easier.
    pivotCE could publish your set up guide.... ?
    MudShark22 and Nafetz like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    You have a PiHiFi? Or HiFiPi? I have a Pi2, and the audio output is very noisy - there is a lot of hiss or white noise in the background when no audio is playing. I bought a cheap USB audio adapter and it puts out a cleaner signal. Curious how yours is set up. Streaming music was one of the things I thought it would be useful for, but as of now, it just sits around.
    A HiFiPi
    I started with a Pi1 and now am using a Pi3. There is a little bit of background noise but it don't notice it while using.

Quote Originally Posted by Preemptive View Post
    pivotCE could publish your set up guide.... ?
    Would be an honor and a pleasure for me. But I think there might be more to explain than it is written here. Unfortunately I'll be out of time until January...
    Grabber5.0 likes this.