Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree10Likes
    you could add it as a startup script, really. most of that stuff isn't really particularly useful to most people, i don't think
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    I'd be willing to write an article, sure.

As for an app, I suppose it's possible, but I'm a little nervous about automatically deleting files.

I'll continue to think about it, or maybe someone else has some ideas about it?

-- Sent from my Palm Veer using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by George Mari View Post
    I'd be willing to write an article, sure.

As for an app, I suppose it's possible, but I'm a little nervous about automatically deleting files.
    Great! I think I should have your email, but I haven't found it yet and I think I'm not supposed to post an email address here. Send us a message at http://pivotCE.com/contact & we'll discuss.

From what I've read, I'm guessing this would have been fixed or reset with an official update. Or maybe it's just something that happens to fools who cling to ageing technology until it clogs up with old data?
    Last edited by Preemptive; 11/09/2017 at 07:49 PM.
    Since we are on the /var topic, is it normal that a Go doctor sets the /var to 2GB ? ( I was curious so I peeked yesterday, and that's what I saw as space allocated )
    Quote Originally Posted by mazzinia View Post
    Since we are on the /var topic, is it normal that a Go doctor sets the /var to 2GB ? ( I was curious so I peeked yesterday, and that's what I saw as space allocated )
    It's possible the Doctor for the Go used the large size to put off this problem for longer.

It's possible you have a non-standard doctor, but then again, is there A standard doctor for an un-released device?

Using the meta-doctor method, anyone can create a Doctor with a custom-sized /var partition like this. The only downside is that it cuts into the size of your media partition.

-- Sent from my Palm TouchPad using Forums
    Ah yes, a lot of good points. I've never understood if the doctor that was used was one of the "standard" ones ( if I can use the term standard ) or a more personalized/different version.
    After over 2 years of use, there's 1.9GB free anyway :P
    There's enough space in the media partition, I don't miss a gig for var. :-)
    MudShark22 likes this.
    I'll add it to the service pack / meta-doctor thread - though I suppose it delays the issue rather than fixes it.
    Last edited by Preemptive; 11/10/2017 at 05:21 PM.
    I def have three different GO doctors. IIRC I have a 304 and two different 305s.

I need to revive my LTE Go that TTB built for me.

Sent from my OnePlus One
    This space for rent or lease. Inquire within.
    uh, what happened to the poor Go ?
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    you could add it as a startup script, really. most of that stuff isn't really particularly useful to most people, i don't think
    eblade, I agree with you. I think the startup script makes the most sense. I'm going to look into this.

-- Sent from my Palm Veer using Forums
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12