Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By eblade
  1.    #1  
    I have 4 Touchpads - one my Mom uses basically as a kindle. Another is mine that still has WebOS on it - has a few games i like to play on it - Profitville etc.
    The two others - one I loaded Android 5.0 on about a year ago and then at some point the touchscreen stopped working. I twiped this one with TPToolbox in case it was an OS issue. I loaded KitKat as part of the process of getting to Nougat and the touchscreen still doesn't work so this probably means it's a hardware failure? The last one i just cracked out of the Box today for the first time to load Nougat onto. I popped it into Recovery mode and then while TPToolbox was running the screen went blank. Now I can't see anything on the screen - just the backlit glow but no HP logo or anything. Anyone have any thoughts on reviving or fixing these last two with issues? Thanks
    You can try Pmtpupdater for the nonreponsive touch issue but it sounds like hardware.

A power button and center button press and hold should hard reboot the touchpad that's got nothing on the screen.

-- Sent from my Palm Veer using Forums
    Follow me on Twitter
    For the latest webOS news check out pivotCE
    In my experiences Pmtpupdater has fixed the non responsive touch issue but it took running it a few times before it stared working again. The problem is often preceeded by Android crashing and whatever caused it to happen somehow corrupts the touch firmware in the process requiring the above step to fix it.

As far as the second one I would open it and reseat the ribbon cable as that might be the issue if home + power does not fix it. If not you can get replacement screens on ebay for about $20. If you have never opened one before there are how to videos on YouTube and I find guitar picks work well to undo the clips and minimize dinging the plastic.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan Morford View Post
    You can try Pmtpupdater for the nonreponsive touch issue but it sounds like hardware.

A power button and center button press and hold should hard reboot the touchpad that's got nothing on the screen.

-- Sent from my Palm Veer using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by joeytino View Post
    In my experiences Pmtpupdater has fixed the non responsive touch issue but it took running it a few times before it stared working again. The problem is often preceeded by Android crashing and whatever caused it to happen somehow corrupts the touch firmware in the process requiring the above step to fix it.

As far as the second one I would open it and reseat the ribbon cable as that might be the issue if home + power does not fix it. If not you can get replacement screens on ebay for about $20. If you have never opened one before there are how to videos on YouTube and I find guitar picks work well to undo the clips and minimize dinging the plastic.
    PWR + Center Button Press did nothing to restore the image on the screen for the one. The one that had android i'll the Pmtupdater once it gets some juice. It discharge completely.
    I'm confused. The one that shows nothing on the screen...when you try to power it on, do you get anything? Backlight?
    Follow me on Twitter
    For the latest webOS news check out pivotCE
    Hold power + home for 20+ seconds, it should turn off, then turning it back on will hopefully get it working? Alternatively, hold power, and tap home 30 times, then wait a few seconds and hold power for a couple of seconds to turn it back on. Might want to have it plugged in when you're doing that, in case it's out of or low on juice
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    MartinH@webos likes this.