Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
  1.    #1  
    I can't install anything from Webos Quick Install.

Nothing installs.

What is the problem? Why is nothing installing?
    Jeez.. your not having much luck are you!

Activated OK?

Feeds in Preware set up OK?

Downloading OK (prior to attempted install)?

TP 32Gb 4G. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Pre3 16Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ TS2 BT Audio-Dock ~ HP iPaq. hx-2790b.
    TP 32Gb Wifi. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Veer (Wht.) 8Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ HP Omen-15-5206tx. 256Gb SSD. i7-O/C@3.39Ghz. Win10.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutoidi View Post
    Jeez.. your not having much luck are you!

Activated OK?

Feeds in Preware set up OK?

Downloading OK (prior to attempted install)?
    I already resolved the issue, I was not putting the device in "Just Charge" mode.
    Cool.. yes, that little 'glitch'!
    I think we've probably all done that at some point or other!

TP 32Gb 4G. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Pre3 16Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ TS2 BT Audio-Dock ~ HP iPaq. hx-2790b.
    TP 32Gb Wifi. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Veer (Wht.) 8Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ HP Omen-15-5206tx. 256Gb SSD. i7-O/C@3.39Ghz. Win10.
    Cool.. yes, that little 'glitch'!
    Nope, never!
    Mutoidi likes this.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    Nope, never!

Hi, Grabber5.0 I sent you a message. I don't know if you received it. Can you let me know if you received it?
  7.    #7  
    Hi, Mutoidi I sent you a message, I don't think my messages are getting through to people, can you verify this, and let me know if you received my message?

Thanks.
    PM recieved & replied to.

Good luck & Enjoy!

9.    #9  
    PM recieved & replied to.

Good luck & Enjoy!

Ok, thanks, I just didn't know if the messaging was not working or people were just not responding, I guess it is working.

I'll try to find the answer to my questions, maybe someone can get back to me?

If not, I'll try searching these forums.

Thanks!
    Sure.. no worries!

Perhaps if you at least manage to get halfway to solving your own issues, you might then more readily find support with completing the other half anyway?
    As has been said here: "Search is your Friend!"

Unfortunately there is no 'instant solution' that I know of.. but that by no means implies that it doesn't exist!

Good Luck & Enjoy!

11.    #11  
    Unfortunately there is no 'instant solution' that I know of.. but that by no means implies that it doesn't exist!

Good Luck & Enjoy!

I actually do have a question.

Do you know of any themes on the Prethemer site that work with the HP Touchpad.

All of the themes don't seem to specify, except for only one that I know of, which is the glass effect for the Touchpad.

Do you know of any more themes that work with the Touchpad besides the ones you shared and the 'Glass Effect for Touchpad'?
    I have shared everything that I personally have used and know Theme-wise with you already I'm afraid!

I do know that 'Choorp' & 'Michote' & 'Garret93C' did produce various flavours of theme for the Touchpad (& Pre3), but only saved those that I actually prefered & used - and have already uploaded those here for you.

Maybe it's time to experiment yourself?
    Run some searches.
    Download & unpack some suitable themes and checkout the image files etc.
    Swap them around a bit.
    Even use Photoshop etc and perhaps strike upon/create/install what you need?

Then, if/when you get properly stuck, someone here may be able to advise you further on where to go next with it?

Good Luck & enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by rockpebble View Post
    Hi, Grabber5.0 I sent you a message. I don't know if you received it. Can you let me know if you received it?
    I did, but I was working late, and things weren't going well, so I did not have time to respond.
    rockpebble likes this.
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    I did, but I was working late, and things weren't going well, so I did not have time to respond.
    Hi Grabber, thanks for getting back to me. I seriously thought for like a day or two that the message system was broken on my end. That is perfectly fine and understandable that you were busy. And I am definitely alright with you not responding. I just didn't even know if messages were working for me since I can't see my most recent messages from the past few days, that part actually seems not be working, if I'm not mistaken. Also I think I received a few error messages, so I legitimately thought the message system was broken, at least for me.

Anyway, thanks for getting back to me and confirming that the messages are working. That's literally all I wanted to know at the very least. Sorry if it seems like I'm bugging you that is definitely not my intention, nor am I ok doing that. Just trying to see if messages are working!

Anyway, thanks again!
  15.    #15  
    Good Luck & enjoy!
    Hi, Mutoidi, sorry for asking, but I have one last thing I would like to ask.

Can you direct me to a thread that instructs me how to install the virtual trackball on the keyboard?

I think it is LunaCE related.
  16.    #16  
    It looks like I need LuneOS to install the virtual trackball for the keyboard.

If that is the case, I don't want the virtual trackball because I don't want to install LuneOS.

If someone could verify this, that would be great.

Anyway, if not, that is everything I need help with and I am done customizing my devices.

Thanks again, guys.
    It looks like I need LuneOS to install the virtual trackball for the keyboard.

If that is the case, I don't want the virtual trackball because I don't want to install LuneOS.

If someone could verify this, that would be great.

Anyway, if not, that is everything I need help with and I am done customizing my devices.

Thanks again, guys.
    I think you probably mean 'LunaCE' rather than 'LuneOS'?

There was certainly a fairly 'Lunatic' VKB Trackball-option built into the later LunaCE anyway!:

LunaCE 4.x

Unless you are a lot smater than I am, I dont think you can 'just' install the Trackball?
    But with 'Tweaks' also installed, there are several other interesting LunaCE options on offer too.

~ BTW, do you know how I managed to find the 'LunaCE' thread?
    I laboriously typed 'LunaCE' into the Search Forums field above!
    See - it's not really so hard after all!

Last edited by Mutoidi; 08/31/2017 at 05:01 AM.

18.    #18  
    I think you probably mean 'LunaCE' rather than 'LuneOS'?

There was certainly a fairly 'Lunatic' VKB Trackball-option built into the later LunaCE anyway!:

LunaCE 4.x

Unless you are a lot smater than I am, I dont think you can 'just' install the Trackball?
    But with 'Tweaks' also installed, there are several other interesting LunaCE options on offer too.

~ BTW, do you know how I managed to find the 'LunaCE' thread?
    I laboriously typed 'LunaCE' into the Search Forums field above!
    See - it's not really so hard after all!
    I'm sorry, I still don't understand what you mean.

How do I get the keyboard with the virtual trackball?

I have LunaCE, of course, do I have to enable an option for the virtual trackball on the keyboard? If so, where is that option?

I don't really understand what you were trying to say.

Can you clarify on how to get the virtual trackball keyboard?

How do I get that feature?

I have LunaCE and Tweaks installed.

So what do I do to get the virtual trackball in the keyboard?
    I'm sorry, I still don't understand what you mean.

How do I get the keyboard with the virtual trackball?

I have LunaCE, of course, do I have to enable an option for the virtual trackball on the keyboard? If so, where is that option?

I don't really understand what you were trying to say.

Can you clarify on how to get the virtual trackball keyboard?

How do I get that feature?

I have LunaCE and Tweaks installed.

So what do I do to get the virtual trackball in the keyboard?
    Which version of LunaCE you have? The Virtual Trackball was introduced only in a later version. I know 4.9.10 has it for sure. 4.9.5 might not have it. 4.9.10 is in the Beta feed if I'm correct.

In order to add those feeds if you haven't already, you'd need to uninstall Preware. Then follow the instructions at Testing Feeds - WebOS Internals

And reinstall Preware.
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
  20.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    Which version of LunaCE you have?
    I already have LunaCE. I have version 4.9.5

So do you know how to get the virtual trackball?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast